Shoutbox

Win Tab (Again) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Win Tab (Again) (/showthread.php?tid=87319)

Win Tab (Again) by andrewdodd13 on 11-17-2008 at 04:59 PM

So, I know that on Vista you don't see the contents of chat Windows while using Win-Tab (honestly, I meant to go find that thread and post there, but I couldn't be bothered), but there's a bit more to this problem on Win 7.

Windows 7 introduces a new Taskbar (those using the leaked builds will need a security patch hack to see it) which, instead of having text, has little icons representing programs. When you hover over the icon, it will do the little preview like Vista does. However! If you have more than one window open in one application, then a window will appear for both windows!

Unfortunately, the Win-Tab bug applies to this as well. See attachment for an illustration.

Edit: Eek, wrong image!
[Image: screenshotuh7.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

RE: Win Tab (Again) by tony on 11-18-2008 at 02:07 AM

Yup, happens here too, but i think is too early to be posting windows 7 related problems :p.

RE: RE: Win Tab (Again) by andrewdodd13 on 11-18-2008 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
but i think is too early to be posting windows 7 related problems :p.
Um, actually I think that's what the point of a Beta is...

Besides, if it gets fixed for Vista's Win-Tab I'm sure it'd be fixed there. I'm just not sure how hard it'd be for Patchou to fix it, I don't claim to know the inner workings of tabbed chats.
RE: Win Tab (Again) by Zaarin on 01-14-2009 at 12:09 PM

I also have noticed this issue still exists with WLM 9 and the public Beta of Windows 7. I did a little write up about it:
http://zaarin.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!CF0FAD9BEB69A753!3654.entry

RE: Win Tab (Again) by vaccination on 01-14-2009 at 12:56 PM

Know bug, unlikely to be fixed because of the way Plus! works, it actually makes those windows invisible(which is why they still appear in the alt tab but have no image to display).