Shoutbox

custom made sounds send sporadic - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: custom made sounds send sporadic (/showthread.php?tid=87463)

custom made sounds send sporadic by krolio on 11-25-2008 at 09:23 PM

hi. somethimes a windows appear which says that the server is under maintenance, emotion sound is temporary not avaible. and before that windows appear, it trys to upload the sound to the server...
my problem:
why somethimes the sound appear in chat window with no echo. And othertimes the "sound will be upload" windows does appear and the error message comes?

Whats the matter that it will somethimes work without appearing windows?

RE: custom made sounds send sporadic by ahmetgns on 11-27-2008 at 09:35 AM

When a new sound is sent to the contacts, it must be uploaded to the sound server. The "sound will be upload" window appears then.

If you haven't selected "When I receive emotion sounds, play them automatically" in Sound Options under Messeger Plus! Preferences, it will not automatically be played upon receiving.

Even if you have selected that option but not selected "Play sounds when my status is set to Busy" option, it will not automatically be played when you are Busy as well.

The error windows show that there is an error about what is wanted to be done. You can probably do nothing about that.

If you cannot send the sounds you have created by no matters, then there should be a problem with your computer, account etc.

RE: custom made sounds send sporadic by krolio on 11-29-2008 at 07:53 PM

and why are some sounds work and some sounds same time not work after several times of try?

RE: custom made sounds send sporadic by Menthix on 11-30-2008 at 01:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krolio
why are some sounds work and some sounds same time not work
The Plus! sounds are stored on several servers. If one of the sound servers is having problems the sounds on that server will not work, but sounds on the other servers will work just fine.

I guess that's what's happening right now.