Shoutbox

Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] (/showthread.php?tid=87492)

Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-27-2008 at 05:14 PM

Here you can post you're favourite games, What games you want, What games you have ect.

Also maybe you want to play someone online at a certain game or maybe you just want some friends on Xbl or some friend codes.

Also just post anything game related here.

To get the ball rolling il start.

I currently have a :
Wii | Games : Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero 4, Super Smash Bros Brawl And i have pre-ordered Animal Crossing.

Also Im getting a Xbox 360 For Christmas so Il need some Gamertags :D

Oh and Guitar Hero 4 Is awesome :) also my wifi is broke so i cant play you on Gh3 or 4.
Sorry

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Jimbo on 11-27-2008 at 05:30 PM

Heres a thread dedicated to Xbox gamertags: Clicky

You'll see my games there:) Although at the moment all im playing is gears of war 2 :D

RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-27-2008 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
Heres a thread dedicated to Xbox gamertags: Clicky

You'll see my games there:) Although at the moment all im playing is gears of war 2 :D

damn you and you're high gamer score. Haha.
Anyway I'm getting Fallout 3, Looks fucking amazing. And GoW2 Of course :D.

So Il add you're gamertag when i get Xbl.

You got any other consoles?
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Volv on 11-27-2008 at 05:44 PM

Currently own a 360 and would like to get a DS in the future (I planned to buy it soon but with the announcement of the DSi I figured I may as well wait since I don't want to miss out on games which use DSi's camera and whatnot).

The game I'm playing at the moment (see sig) is Fallout 3, great narrative and gameplay so far. The expanses of the world are so vast that I can spend 3 hours exploring a single tunnel and afterward realise I'm but half-way to my destination. Side quests are lengthy and full of 'meat' too which is great. I've also been playing Fable 2 recently (although after completing it there isn't much incentive to replay so it's sort of collecting dust in the shadow of Fallout 3).
I steer clear of trashy games like Gears of War which require no thought, have no story, and have dialogue written by what I can only hope is a team of football players (grid iron of course). I much prefer games with a deep storyline to get lost in like Mass Effect (which has to be one of - if not the - best games of this generation).

Next game on my 'to get' list is definitely Prince of Persia, I love the artistic theme and need a nice light game to play. There's a sweet looking (and free) pre-order bonus content offer at the moment which comes with all these sexy goodies:

[Image: Exclusive-Pre-order-bonus-for-Prince-of-Persia-2.jpg]
[Image: Exclusive-Pre-order-bonus-for-Prince-of-Persia-3.jpg]

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by matty on 11-27-2008 at 05:48 PM

How is Fable II? I was considering getting it I loved the first Fable but I found it quite short even with the side quests I beat it in 3 days...

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Volv on 11-27-2008 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
How is Fable II? I was considering getting it I loved the first Fable but I found it quite short even with the side quests I beat it in 3 days...
Not much has changed, it's definitely a fun game and I would say it's definitely worth the cash (especially if you're a fan of the original Fable as I was) but the story was mediocre, only picking up towards the end and concluding abruptly. Despite this I found the game quite enjoyable as a whole with no point in which I can say I was ever bored with the game - action keeps on coming and overall it's an enjoyable experience albeit having a fair number of glitches (none which can't just be shrugged off though).

Game length is relatively short if you stick to the core quests but it will be significantly longer if you take some time to do the numerous side quests and explore the world (Demon Doors do make a return :)). There are a few interesting choices to be made which affect gameplay but overall I find the incentive to replay non-existent.

If you haven't listened to Molyneux's preaching then this game definitely won't disappoint and is good fun, but if you've already been warped by his promises and hype then you may find yourself disappointed (his fault more than the game's).

EDIT: Oh, and don't even bother with co-op... seriously. :p
RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-27-2008 at 06:01 PM

quote:

I've played fable II at a friends house, Its great. He has the chicken and the masterchief suit.

And the Prince Of Persia pack looks Great! Im also thinking of getting Burnout Paradise, The downloadable content looks great especially the new pack the the delauren in it.

[DeLorean = Back to the future car]
I googled It. Happy now.

Edit : Anyone played oblivion and is it good?
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Volv on 11-27-2008 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic
Im also thinking of getting Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise has been in my eyesight for quite a while now, I want a nice arcade racing game and from the demo (and based on reviews) this definitely seems like the one to get. The developers also seem to really be caring for their product with a few major downloadable content packs (which is quite rare) released since the shipping date - all of which are absolutely free.
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Basilis on 11-27-2008 at 06:08 PM

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009!

I am mostly putting patches and kits into it and then I will start playing. I want to have an ultimate gaming experience. The matches I have played though were great. The game seems to have improved a lot.

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by vaccination on 11-27-2008 at 06:10 PM

quote:

[Delauren = Back to the future car]
Hope that's how you spell it.

quote:
You suck at using google.
quote:
Oh i can see you Don't bother with Google ¬_¬
quote:
You people don't know how to Google ¬_¬
quote:
and 2. Use GOOGLE ¬_¬

RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-27-2008 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

[Delauren = Back to the future car]
Hope that's how you spell it.

quote:
You suck at using google.
quote:
Oh i can see you Don't bother with Google ¬_¬
quote:
You people don't know how to Google ¬_¬
quote:
and 2. Use GOOGLE ¬_¬

Edit : There. Googled it.
Oh and Some nice quoting there.

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by matty on 11-27-2008 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
Not much has changed, it's definitely a fun game and I would say it's definitely worth the cash (especially if you're a fan of the original Fable as I was) but the story was mediocre, only picking up towards the end and concluding abruptly. Despite this I found the game quite enjoyable as a whole with no point in which I can say I was ever bored with the game - action keeps on coming and overall it's an enjoyable experience albeit having a fair number of glitches (none which can't just be shrugged off though).

Game length is relatively short if you stick to the core quests but it will be significantly longer if you take some time to do the numerous side quests and explore the world (Demon Doors do make a return :)). There are a few interesting choices to be made which affect gameplay but overall I find the incentive to replay non-existent.

If you haven't listened to Molyneux's preaching then this game definitely won't disappoint and is good fun, but if you've already been warped by his promises and hype then you may find yourself disappointed (his fault more than the game's).

I likely will rent it first. Maybe I should get it modded then I can just rent-own ahah
RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-28-2008 at 03:57 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I likely will rent it first. Maybe I should get it modded then I can just rent-own ahah

Couldn't you just Burn it on to your hard drive?
If so, Rent a game, Burn in onto your Hard drive. It will save you a fortune.

*See DjDannyP I'm Learning :). *
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Volv on 11-28-2008 at 04:07 PM

quote:
You can copy games to your hard drive but you have to have the retail game disc in your 360 in order to play it anyway. You would still have to mod it if you want to play without the official disc but then you have to constantly live in the fear of one day having your box banned from Live.
RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-28-2008 at 04:30 PM

quote:
quote:
You can copy games to your hard drive but you have to have the retail game disc in your 360 in order to play it anyway. You would still have to mod it if you want to play without the official disc but then you have to constantly live in the fear of one day having your box banned from Live.

I would be gutted if I got banned of live.
GoW2 Online is meant to be good so I'l play that, Plus I want to get higher than Jimbo's gamer score :)

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Jimbo on 11-28-2008 at 05:14 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

GoW2 Online is meant to be good so I'l play that, Plus I want to get higher than Jimbo's gamer score :)
Good luck with that:P and yeah, Gears 2 is great online, when you actually get a game. The new matchmaking system can be good but sometimes it takes like 20 mins to get a game, other times it takes like 30 seconds, its just luck really. I look forward to playing with you anyway :D
RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-28-2008 at 05:29 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck with that:P and yeah, Gears 2 is great online, when you actually get a game. The new matchmaking system can be good but sometimes it takes like 20 mins to get a game, other times it takes like 30 seconds, its just luck really. I look forward to playing with you anyway :D
Haha.
You know i will own your gamerscore :)
Anyway i look forward to beating the shit out of you aswell :)
:):):) :lol:
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Voldemort on 11-28-2008 at 05:35 PM

getting the wii for christmas =D (already own a 360)

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by vaccination on 11-28-2008 at 05:53 PM

Jimbo just glitches all his achs

RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-28-2008 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
getting the wii for christmas =D (already own a 360)
Other way around here :)
Wii is ok. Get BRAWL. Its a great game, Lots of things to unlock, Custom levels, A new level, snapshot and replay sent out each week

And Gh4 Its great custom songs and what not.

I could recommend a few.

@Vaccination : What you mean, He glitches all his achs?

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Jimbo on 11-28-2008 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Only about 5k of my gamerscore is glitched.
quote:

Gamesaves, SPGs etc :P

RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-28-2008 at 10:17 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

:O You cheating bitch.
Why cheat though? Kinda spoils the point Of ACHIEVEMENTS Doesn't it..?
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Jimbo on 11-29-2008 at 12:16 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol, yeah but me and my friends alwasys compete for gamerscore :P
RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 11-29-2008 at 12:57 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lol, yeah but me and my friends alwasys compete for gamerscore :P

Ahh, The same will be happening at Christmas with me and my friends :)
Hopefully I'l finish my messenger soon so I'l be able to play alot more.
:)
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by MC Inferno on 12-04-2008 at 10:42 PM

I Own GTA4 on Xbox 360 thats all I play really.

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by matty on 12-04-2008 at 11:10 PM

quote:
quote:
Not a big deal I don't use live anyways ahaha. Don't have the time for it.
RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by albert on 12-05-2008 at 12:15 AM

I got a ps3 with the following games :

- Battefiled : BAD COMPANY
Amazing game, freedom of moving wherever you feel like is incredible, had plenty of fun playing the story, and the online game is brilliant.

- NHL 09
You're basically watching a game, but you're controlling the players (that's how sick the graphics are). Be a pro mode is nice for newbies like me. :) Getting killed online though.

- GTA IV
Just got that yesterday, haven't really had a chance to play through it.

- Resistance II
Got it today at EBGames, didn't run it yet.

- LOST
Got it today at EBGames, didn't run it yet but I am not expecting anything great. Had the same game on my pc but couldn't run it due to poor performance, it's not a very cool game, but since I'm addicted to LOST, had to get it anyhow.

- StreetHoop or something.
5.00$ - 50 cents rebate = 4.50$ for a basketball game, why not!
Got it today as well, haven't ran it yet. :)

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Joe on 12-05-2008 at 12:49 AM

I might fill out the games and such later, but here's this for now.
[Image: ThreeDEF.png]

RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by TheSte on 12-21-2008 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by albert

Amazing game, freedom of moving wherever you feel like is incredible, had plenty of fun playing the story, and the online game is brilliant.

- NHL 09
You're basically watching a game, but you're controlling the players (that's how sick the graphics are). Be a pro mode is nice for newbies like me. :) Getting killed online though.

- GTA IV

- Resistance II

- LOST
Got it today at EBGames, didn't run it yet but I am not expecting anything great. Had the same game on my pc but couldn't run it due to poor performance, it's not a very cool game, but since I'm addicted to LOST, had to get it anyhow.

U have 6 games and only 4 runs....

SURE YOUR PC ISN'T A TYPEWRITER?!?? :)
RE: RE: RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by NanoChromatic on 12-22-2008 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheSte
quote:
Originally posted by albert

- NHL 09

- GTA IV

- Resistance II

- LOST

U have 6 games and only 4 runs....

SURE YOUR PC ISN'T A TYPEWRITER?!?? :)

You did notice he said "ps3" and not "pc"...Right..?

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by vaccination on 12-22-2008 at 09:30 AM

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6202552/index.htm...;tag=picks;title;1 << Thought it might be interesting to see what people's opinions are on this.

The PC is slightly too bright for my personal taste but that can be changed easily, PS3 is way too dark and the rendering on it is horrible, look at some of the trees and distant objects, they're horribly jagged. Also, the PS3 seems to do the exact opposite of what it should, it blurs the foreground elements but leaves the background elements.

Largely they're all very similar though, with the PC only making a huge difference in GTA IV. 360 is a bit dark in places also but the rendering is a lot better than the PS3, it has shadows in places where the PS3 appears to ignore them, and has some sharper textures. All largely unnoticeable though and wouldn't exactly detract from game play.

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by Volv on 12-22-2008 at 11:51 AM

Yep, in terms of texture the 360 looks better imo but it's hard to compare graphics in games like Fallout 3 and GTA4 where the weather and time of day constantly change.

RE: Gaming Thread. [Pc/360/Wii/Ps3] by djdannyp on 12-22-2008 at 12:16 PM

i actually prefer it slightly brighter, so in that respect the PC ones look nicer.

the textures, etc do look much better on PS3/Xbox360 tho

It's nothing groundbreaking I guess.....and the differences are so slight that it doesn't really make much difference, as long as u've got a decent TV and a HD console then the graphics are basically the same (except under the microscope)

so it just comes down to the whole PS3 vs Xbox 360 war again, lol.

Whoever did those captures REALLY needs to sort out the brightness on their PS3/TV, lol