Shoutbox

My sounds and the server won't make friends - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: My sounds and the server won't make friends (/showthread.php?tid=87516)

My sounds and the server won't make friends by arqueete on 11-29-2008 at 09:16 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the technical name for this problem. *-)

For a couple weeks now, sounds have become less and less cooperative. As it stands tonight, I'm pretty sure that:

a) Most of the time, myself and my friends are not able to download sounds we don't already have, at least without trying over and over and over (whether some that "won't download" would eventually is difficult to say).

b) Most sounds in our libraries will not send (again, whether if we kept on trying eventually they would all send is difficult to say -- the ones we classify as "will send" do so in a couple tries if not instantly). To better illustrate this, I have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Esjeg0YfM (No, you don't have to watch the whole thing) It seems pretty arbitrary and also the people I'm talking to currently all agree that it's been getting worse as time goes on.

This is affecting everyone I've talked to, so I think it's safe to say that it's not a problem with myself, and this is also fairly similar to a problem we had a while back.

Thanks in advance :)

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by Thor on 11-29-2008 at 02:36 PM

This may be a temporary issue, however the sound server seems to be all up and running.
http://sounds.msgplus.net/

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by TheSourcE on 11-29-2008 at 04:23 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the technical name for this problem. *-)

For a couple weeks now, sounds have become less and less cooperative. As it stands tonight, I'm pretty sure that:

a) Most of the time, myself and my friends are not able to download sounds we don't already have, at least without trying over and over and over (whether some that "won't download" would eventually is difficult to say).

b) Most sounds in our libraries will not send (again, whether if we kept on trying eventually they would all send is difficult to say -- the ones we classify as "will send" do so in a couple tries if not instantly). To better illustrate this, I have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Esjeg0YfM (No, you don't have to watch the whole thing) It seems pretty arbitrary and also the people I'm talking to currently all agree that it's been getting worse as time goes on.

This is affecting everyone I've talked to, so I think it's safe to say that it's not a problem with myself, and this is also fairly similar to a problem we had a while back.

Thanks in advance :)

You are not the only one. I have this problem too. :(
RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by Blinx on 11-30-2008 at 04:19 PM

same here, broken.

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by Meatloaf on 12-02-2008 at 12:47 AM

Im having the same problem, since Saturday I haven;t been able to send any sounds due to: 'The sounds server is unavailable, the server may down. Try again later'. I've gone into Library and Updated the sound with the server, and it failed as well.

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by danielk on 12-03-2008 at 02:33 AM

I haven't been able to do this either. Very rarely does the feature work, and even then, I even get the error while downloading random sounds using the built-in tool. I haven't been able to upload a sound to the server since Saturday... It gives me the "Feature disabled" error message or something.

I started receiving the server maintenance message today.

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by cerberusrider on 12-11-2008 at 02:38 PM

I have the same problem too
"the custom emotion sounds feature is currently disabled"
anyone have solution???

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by Sunshine on 12-11-2008 at 02:41 PM

It's not something wrong at your end, the server is under maintenance as the message says. Nothing you can do to fix it, just be patient.

RE: My sounds and the server won't make friends by arqueete on 12-14-2008 at 05:50 PM

This problem now appears to be fixed. Many thanks to anyone who may have been involved in that :)