Shoutbox

Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( (/showthread.php?tid=87551)

Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( by klily11 on 12-02-2008 at 03:00 PM

I downloaded MSN Messenger 9.0 two weeks ago and got myself this msnpluslive add-on for that particular version. The only problem i'm facing is that there's this tab on costumizing whether to 'connect to several accounts simultaneously'. I checked that box and restarted messenger.

But it just doesn't work...*-) I can't log into a few accounts at the same time.... Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks a lot!!

RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( by Sunshine on 12-02-2008 at 03:23 PM

How are you tryin to do that? (step by step)

After you signed in with one account you just start messenger as you normally would (desktop icon) once more and sign in with the next account..

RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( by matty on 12-02-2008 at 04:02 PM

The feature doesn't let you use the same Windows Live Messenger to connect to different passports it lets you open up multiple instances (copies) of Windows Live Messenger to allow you to have multiple passports signed in. Double Click the Windows Live Messenger icon to start it and once it is started do it again. You will notice a second instance opens allowing you to connect to a different passport. I understnad how you could get the feature confused but never the less it doesn't work the way you expected.

RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( by klily11 on 12-02-2008 at 08:24 PM

got it! thank you a lot... :)

RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( by Lost Soul on 12-03-2008 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by klily11
I downloaded MSN Messenger 9.0 two weeks ago and got myself this msnpluslive add-on for that particular version. The only problem i'm facing is that there's this tab on costumizing whether to 'connect to several accounts simultaneously'. I checked that box and restarted messenger.

But it just doesn't work...*-) I can't log into a few accounts at the same time.... Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks a lot!!

If you download A-Patch for WLM Messenger, theres a setting that'll enable polygram, which means you can have multiple WLM running at the same time.
RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :( by Spunky on 12-03-2008 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Soul
If you download A-Patch for WLM Messenger, theres a setting that'll enable polygram, which means you can have multiple WLM running at the same time.

Which is what MP!L does... In fact, it works exactly as described. What you posted has nothing to do with the original problem