Shoutbox

When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? (/showthread.php?tid=87628)

When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Basilis on 12-07-2008 at 03:56 PM

And how? From your parents or friends?

I was 8 and I was telling my mother that Santa would bring me a Playstation. She was telling me that this was not going to happen and she was certain about it. One year later I learned why...

RE: When did you learn that... by ShawnZ on 12-07-2008 at 04:35 PM

santa claus does not what? give presents to kids who have been bad?

RE: RE: When did you learn that... by NanoChromatic on 12-07-2008 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
santa claus does not what? give presents to kids who have been bad?

Yesterday, I Found out... Nearly died of shock.
xD
RE: When did you learn that... by High Speed Chaser on 12-08-2008 at 02:48 AM

Why else would North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD) track Santa if he didn't exist?

That's where American tax dollars go to.

RE: When did you learn that... by prashker on 12-08-2008 at 02:52 AM

WHAT, SANTA WASN'T JEWISH?!

RE: When did you learn that... by Voldemort on 12-08-2008 at 02:53 AM

yo se bien que estoy afuera
pero el dia que yo me muera...
SE QUE TENDRAS QUE LLORAR
LLORAR Y LLORAR!
!!!!!

RE: When did you learn that... by NiteMare on 12-08-2008 at 07:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Your answers must not reveal the truth in case any little kids are reading this.
i'll say it :P santa clause does not exist, if kids are smart enough to know how to use the internet, then there is far more shocking information available then that
RE: When did you learn that... by Dane on 12-08-2008 at 07:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
...if kids are smart enough to know how to use the internet, then there is far more shocking information available then that
I agree totally.  I found out when I was like, 10 I think...dont remember how anymore.
RE: When did you learn that... by Spunky on 12-08-2008 at 07:29 AM

WTF is a Santa?

RE: RE: When did you learn that... by djdannyp on 12-08-2008 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
WTF is a Santa?

I think they're talking about Father Christmas

I just kinda figured it out when I was like 11 or 12....everything just didn't quite add up about it....the whole fat man down the chimney caper.....well it's just not cricket is it?
RE: When did you learn that... by NiteMare on 12-08-2008 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
WTF is a Santa?

I think they're talking about Father Christmas

I just kinda figured it out when I was like 11 or 12....everything just didn't quite add up about it....the whole fat man down the chimney caper.....well it's just not cricket is it?
yes, Santa Clause = Father Christmas = St. Nicholas = Ect.
RE: When did you learn that... by Menthix on 12-08-2008 at 08:37 AM

As a Dutchie I don't think I eve thought Santa was real, obviously Sinterklaas is the real old guy giving out presents.

quote:
Santa Clause = Father Christmas = St. Nicholas = Ect.
Sanata Clause is not the same as our Sinterklaas (St. Nicholas). They are two separate holidays here, different old guys, different traditions... Most Dutchies celebrate both.
RE: When did you learn that... by Eddie on 12-08-2008 at 09:05 AM

When i was quite young, it just went around school i suppose.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Basilis on 12-08-2008 at 04:13 PM

quote:
i'll say it :P santa clause does not exist, if kids are smart enough to know how to use the internet, then there is far more shocking information available then that
You are right. Title changed and is now straight to the point
RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by blessedguy on 12-08-2008 at 04:41 PM

Discovered when I asked my mother if Santa Claus existed, she told me it didn't.
Then I asked who brought the presents, she told me that she did that. Then I asked if I could have my gift before Xmas. Too bad... she told me I couldn't. I was anxious for my fisrt Bike. I should be 4 or 5, don't remeber.
Only this year I convinced her to give my Xmas gift earlier, after remebering her that my last gift had delayed "only" 4 months. (And got my fisrt nano... much better then my old shuffle...)

If he existed, he could wear something better looking and make some exercise, for sure. =)

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by kao on 12-08-2008 at 10:06 PM

What the fuck!?!?! he doesn't?????

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Vazza on 12-08-2008 at 10:20 PM

What do you mean he doesn't exist??

I mean, the American Treasurey puts In God We Trust on their dollar bills and they trust in something that they cannot see....who is to say that Santa Claus doesn't exist just because we cannot see him.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Chancer on 12-09-2008 at 12:10 AM

I don't remember when it happened. Though I guess I wasn't that surprised...

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Voldemort on 12-09-2008 at 12:13 AM

same as chancer.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Thor on 12-09-2008 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
I don't remember when it happened. Though I guess I wasn't that surprised...
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
same as chancer.
Same as those two.

I think I was around 5 or 6 years old. Somewhere there.
RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by linx05 on 12-09-2008 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
As a Dutchie I don't think I eve thought Santa was real, obviously Sinterklaas is the real old guy giving out presents.

quote:
Santa Clause = Father Christmas = St. Nicholas = Ect.
Sanata Clause is not the same as our Sinterklaas (St. Nicholas). They are two separate holidays here, different old guys, different traditions... Most Dutchies celebrate both.
What about Black Peter? I remember him fondly.
RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Menthix on 12-09-2008 at 01:38 PM

Black Petes (zwarte pieten) are Sinterklaas' helpers, and they hand out candy. What about them, they're awesome!

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Chrono on 12-09-2008 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza

I mean, the American Treasurey puts In God We Trust on their dollar bills and they trust in something that they cannot see....who is to say that Santa Claus doesn't exist just because we cannot see him.
k i watched that movie too :P
RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by MC Inferno on 01-03-2009 at 02:55 PM

I went to see some family on christmas and saw my little cousin... ain seen my cuz for about a year or so. I asked him want santa got him...

... he took a pause. He looked right into my eyes and went:

"Hm. My mum got me a XBox 360..." blah blah

I laughed so hard I almost shat.

Epilogue: He later told me he'd got COD4, but literally said "Cod 4", prompting me to think "Theres at least 4 fishing games on the Xbox? Wtf buys these? Jesus!" until he corrected me.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by tony on 01-03-2009 at 06:07 PM

Just now... fuckers :'(

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by NanoChromatic on 01-03-2009 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
I went to see some family on christmas and saw my little cousin... ain seen my cuz for about a year or so. I asked him want santa got him...

... he took a pause. He looked right into my eyes and went:

"Hm. My mum got me a XBox 360..." blah blah

I laughed so hard I almost shat.

Epilogue: He later told me he'd got COD4, but literally said "Cod 4", prompting me to think "Theres at least 4 fishing games on the Xbox? Wtf buys these? Jesus!" until he corrected me.

lol, Almost shat xD. Btw, How old is your "cuz"?
@tony: :refuck:
RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by MC Inferno on 01-04-2009 at 01:57 AM

About 10 or 11ish I think... proper tall as well!

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by danni on 01-06-2009 at 07:22 PM

When I walked downstairs on my parents wrapping up presents from "Santa" and found the letter that I wrote to him on the television unopened. I was about 5/6.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Discrate on 01-06-2009 at 08:17 PM

I only realized santa didn't exist this christmas when i stabed him to death and burned his body. He does not exist anymore.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Phillip on 01-06-2009 at 09:14 PM

I was never told Santa didn't exist. We never believed in any of that crap when we were younger.

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by davidpolitis on 01-13-2009 at 02:48 AM

I don't remember when I found out... maybe when I was 6? If I did ever believe in him...

RE: When did you learn that Santa Claus does not exist? by Adeptus on 01-13-2009 at 05:12 AM

I don't think I've ever believed Santa really exists.  When I was very young (<= 5 years old) my parents tried to play one, but it's not like I was actually fooled.  I played along with it because they bothered to play along with it, and because it was the tradition.  That's all.

I didn't "find out" and nobody "told me".  I didn't believe in it to begin with.  I was raised agnostic, which isn't too far from atheist.  I've never been in the habit of believing things of which there is no evidence.