Shoutbox

Custom emotion sounds wont send - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom emotion sounds wont send (/showthread.php?tid=87660)

Custom emotion sounds wont send by grimmjowj on 12-09-2008 at 03:02 AM

Hi,i have been using Messenger Plus! for like few months and recently starting last week my custom made sounds is unable to be sent.It says the custom emotion sound is currently disabled or something like that.This has been going on for a few days now and i want to check if anyone has got this problem?

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Tsukiko on 12-11-2008 at 02:23 AM

I'm having the same problem... Just about two weeks ago when I was using MSN on my XP running PC, the sounds were working GREAT!
Two weeks ago I got a new laptop and installed the SAME version onto it... and the first thing I did was try sending a sound, and this is the error I got...

[Image: errorwj2.jpg]

I would really like it if someone could explain what's going on... as I keep seeing the "Creator" say it's fixed, but then someone posts the EXACT SAME problem right after he says it's fixed...

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by grimmjowj on 12-11-2008 at 07:36 AM

exactly thats the error i keep on getting its pretty inrritating :@

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by cerberusrider on 12-11-2008 at 02:31 PM

I have same problem too why dont someone help?????????????

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by djdannyp on 12-11-2008 at 02:36 PM

The error message makes it pretty clear.

The server is down at the moment and is undergoing maintenance.

Please be patient and I'm sure it will get sorted soon

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Sunshine on 12-11-2008 at 02:39 PM

Perhaps the server really is under maintenance. It's not a fault at your end or your Plus! installation ;)

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by cerberusrider on 12-11-2008 at 02:41 PM

it will get sorted by itself? :S  I hate this error. Isn't there a fix that i can do for this error?

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Sunshine on 12-11-2008 at 02:43 PM

Yes, it will get sorted by itself. There really isn't anything you can do to fix it, it's server end. As soon as the server maintenance is done all will be working again.

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by cerberusrider on 12-11-2008 at 02:49 PM

I hope so. thanks for helping. By the way how long does the maintenance takes?

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Sunshine on 12-11-2008 at 03:00 PM

You're welcome :)

I have no idea on when it will be finished, sorry.

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Tsukiko on 12-11-2008 at 04:46 PM

It isn't the server! You should look into it more!
I make one adjustment with my options, and can send a music file a few times... then it stops and gives me that error! but as soon as I make another adjustment with my options, it works for a second...
You need to get your facts straight before you just say it's the server!

RE: RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by pollolibredegrasa on 12-11-2008 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tsukiko
It isn't the server! You should look into it more!
I make one adjustment with my options, and can send a music file a few times... then it stops and gives me that error! but as soon as I make another adjustment with my options, it works for a second...
You need to get your facts straight before you just say it's the server!

And you need to get your facts straight before making baseless claims.
quote:
Originally posted by http://sounds.msgplus.net
Server Status: the server is currently offline for maintenance. Please try again later.

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Menthix on 12-11-2008 at 04:58 PM

The fact it does work sometimes is because the sounds are stored on several servers. If not all servers are having problems sounds may work sometimes, and fail on other times, or only a specific sounds work.

Also, when you used a sound before it is cached on own PC, so even if the servers are completely down all the sounds you used before continue to work on your side. If your contact has also used the sound before it will work on their side too.

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by grimmjowj on 12-12-2008 at 01:44 AM

But i can like send 1 sound in like say..1 day? so i m pretty sure the server works fine..and i still can download sounds tho..but still like around 1 per day

RE: Custom emotion sounds wont send by Menthix on 12-12-2008 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by grimmjowj
m pretty sure the server works fine
It doesn't. Several people reported problems for over a week now. If the server wasn't the problem it would be on your side, and you would be the only one having problems, which you are not.

This thread has 3 people with the same problem...
My sounds and the server won't make friends has 4 people with the same problem

That many people suddenly all having the same problem around the same time is no coincidence.