Shoutbox

WLM Slows down when chatting to more than two people - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: WLM Slows down when chatting to more than two people (/showthread.php?tid=87684)

WLM Slows down when chatting to more than two people by ryan2390 on 12-10-2008 at 10:38 PM

Hey All. I'm having a problem with WLM slowing down when I'm chatting to more than two people at once.

have the latest version of Plus! installed. WLM is version 8.5. I also had the same problem on another computer. This OS is Vista and the other is XP Pro.

I never had this problem before on XP pro. I think its something to do with Live 4.7 as the live version on my Desktop PC is below 4.7

Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

RE: WLM Slows down when chatting to more than two people by matty on 12-11-2008 at 12:47 AM

Are you running 4.70 or 4.79 of Messenger Plus! Live?

If it is 4.79 that is a public beta which means it could means it isn't finalized and some additional code could be running causing slowness to be experienced.

RE: WLM Slows down when chatting to more than two people by Robin2130 on 12-11-2008 at 02:57 PM

Maybe you can reinstall WLM and Pus! :)

RE: WLM Slows down when chatting to more than two people by ryan2390 on 12-14-2008 at 09:38 PM

Right. I rolled back to Plus 4.6 and it seems to have partially solved the problem. However there is now a somewhat intermittent problem which I'm convinced is WLM in general this time (chewing through the CPU resources)

Thanks for the help :)