Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) (/showthread.php?tid=87763)

Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by matty on 12-15-2008 at 07:06 PM

http://neowin.net/news/main/08/12/15/windows-live...te-wave-3-released

Lets hope most if not all the bugs from public beta are fixed!

http://download.live.com/

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Quantum on 12-15-2008 at 07:10 PM

Finally :P If theres a limited amount of bugs I'll use it :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-15-2008 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Quantum
Quite the opposite :P
There are a limited amount of features that are working correctly (if any) :P
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by MiguelS181 on 12-15-2008 at 07:43 PM

Does MsgPlus Live! Actual beta works with this Windows Live Messenger RC?

I'm Downloading it right now! :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-15-2008 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MiguelS181
Does MsgPlus Live! Actual beta works with this Windows Live Messenger RC?
Not correctly :P
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Basilis on 12-15-2008 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Shouldn't this version have less bugs and be more stable since it is pre-release? Or it is something that happens usually with RCs?
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by MiguelS181 on 12-15-2008 at 08:15 PM

Will i see colored nicknames? :(

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-15-2008 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
quote:
quote:
Shouldn't this version have less bugs and be more stable since it is pre-release? Or it is something that happens usually with RCs?
I was talking about WLM, not Plus! :)

quote:
Originally posted by MiguelS181
Will i see colored nicknames? :(
No :(
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by absorbation on 12-15-2008 at 08:56 PM

Sean has kindly made a list of new features and changes specifically for Messenger:
http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/522-exclusive-w...ild-1202-released/

Anyone notice anything else different? :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-15-2008 at 08:59 PM

omg they removed signature sounds!

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Basilis on 12-15-2008 at 09:00 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
quote:
quote:
I was talking about WLM, not Plus! :)

Me too! :)
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Thor on 12-15-2008 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Yay! :D

Instead they've introduced the ability to hear a custom sound when a contact goes online. Sounds like a better way to do it than letting people using nasty evil sounds. >:---(
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-15-2008 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:

Instead they've introduced the ability to hear a custom sound when a contact goes online. Sounds like a better way to do it than letting people using nasty evil sounds. >:---(
Why yay?
You could mute them if you didn't like them.

Also, Plus! could do that for ages :P
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by kabso 5 on 12-15-2008 at 10:30 PM

OMG :| Why Did they Remove it !!!! i liked the SigntureSound :o

and the plus is not working !!! we have to wait for the new Version Of The plus !!!

can we put Gif db ? " animated "

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RebelSean on 12-15-2008 at 10:31 PM

http://cid-554ab6cfab613ef4.skydrive.live.com/bro...ger%20build%201202

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Hank on 12-15-2008 at 10:45 PM

an i thought they were making WLM better.. it looks eeewww... doesnt sign in either

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Thor on 12-16-2008 at 12:04 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:

Why yay?
You could mute them if you didn't like them.

Also, Plus! could do that for ages :P
The better default support users get for a feature - the better. :P
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Dragunov on 12-16-2008 at 01:26 AM

about the sounds for each contact person:

It still says in the option screen under tab sounds u can give each contact his sound by right clickin in main screen on contact and choose for sound for contact

Abit weird, cause this option is removed ^o)

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by limeares on 12-16-2008 at 03:27 AM

when is PLUS! gouing to be 100% working in this verison?

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by NanaFreak on 12-16-2008 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by limeares
when is PLUS! gouing to be 100% working in this verison?
nobody knows ;) well not the exact date but give atleaast 2 weeks for it to happen... it could be less it could be more but just dont hassle patchou, he works hard to give us MP!L and he doesnt need the added pressure
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by High Speed Chaser on 12-16-2008 at 04:45 AM

I installed it and it wont sign in. It just has the spinning buddy icons for ages and wouldn't sign in or display an error message. Same with WL mail 9. It also somehow wouldn't let IE7 or FF3 work properly. FireFox.exe would show up in the task manager but  the window would takes a long time to be displayed and IE7 froze. Now that I have gone back IE7 and FF work properly.

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Hank on 12-16-2008 at 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
I installed it and it wont sign in. It just has the spinning buddy icons for ages and wouldn't sign in or display an error message. Same with WL mail 9. It also somehow wouldn't let IE7 or FF3 work properly. FireFox.exe would show up in the task manager but  the window would takes a long time to be displayed and IE7 froze. Now that I have gone back IE7 and FF work properly.
i got the same problem but gave me an error code somehting like 80050541 something like that .. i troubleshooted the error an googled it,, to no avail,, in the end i removed it ..
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by italia333 on 12-16-2008 at 12:18 PM

me too!, i cant sign in either.

ive deleted cache , contacts data etc, still doesnt work

im convinced its the messenger wif the problem not my computer

anyone else gettin errors? any solutions?

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by kabso 5 on 12-16-2008 at 12:23 PM

loool

its looks like the beta version is better than the final version ! =p

i liked the old msn 9.0 

its the best really

who would agree with me =)

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RebelSean on 12-16-2008 at 02:42 PM

For those of you who are having trouble signing in, see the following article:

http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/523-having-trou...w-messenger-build/

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by joemailey on 12-16-2008 at 03:33 PM

does anyone else have the prob that in the conversation window, when you set display pictures to small and close the conversation. open it again the display pictures are back to being medium?

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RebelSean on 12-16-2008 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
does anyone else have the prob that in the conversation window, when you set display pictures to small and close the conversation. open it again the display pictures are back to being medium?

I think those types of settings take affect when you re-start messenger :).
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Dragunov on 12-16-2008 at 04:07 PM

No problems here

Only it doesn't tell (Messenger) if I have new emails, normally in the corner right above, it shows the amount of new emails

And how to know which Microsoft Application Error Reporting tool is installed?

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by joemailey on 12-16-2008 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey

I think those types of settings take affect when you re-start messenger :).

You sure?

Usually you resize the display picture and exit all conversations.
But you need to make sure the last conversation you exit is the one with the small display picture setting.

once you open up new conversation window, the display pictures will be small :):|
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Dragunov on 12-16-2008 at 04:26 PM

Other problem I found, when receiving a new msn message, it doesn't blink orange or is this cause Plus! is still installed?

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-16-2008 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dragunov
Other problem I found, when receiving a new msn message, it doesn't blink orange or is this cause Plus! is still installed?
Plus! compatibility bug: Disable tabbed chats :)
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Dragunov on 12-16-2008 at 05:12 PM

thx for ur reply!

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RaPLeX on 12-16-2008 at 06:09 PM

is there any patch for this version ?

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Vilkku on 12-16-2008 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
TheBlasphamer posted something on the Mess.be forums, you might want to look there (I believe his thread he posted here about the same thing was deleted, so I won't post any direct links).
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Dragunov on 12-16-2008 at 06:32 PM

when somebody is sharing a pic with u, there is a little safe button, but it's greyed out for the moment

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RebelSean on 12-16-2008 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX

Not yet, it's in the works :).
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by the sad eye on 12-16-2008 at 09:19 PM

i don't know why i feel that the previous beta is better +o(,  another thing i don't like the new look; i feel that they could do better Or maybe we'll have to get used to it :(
any body agrees...

i  just hope that plus and a-patch will be ready soon...

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RaPLeX on 12-16-2008 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the sad eye
i  just hope that plus and a-patch will be ready soon...

i guess a patch will be released tomorrow
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Mike on 12-16-2008 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
(I believe his thread he posted here about the same thing was deleted, so I won't post any direct links).
It's still here: A little fairie told me this... :P

quote:
Originally posted by Dragunov
when somebody is sharing a pic with u, there is a little safe button, but it's greyed out for the moment
The other contact also needs the latest RC version
RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by RaPLeX on 12-16-2008 at 09:44 PM

a patch has released  http://apatch.org/downloads.php

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by lethaldave on 12-16-2008 at 09:44 PM

there is an A-patch
just its a lite version
so only 10 features

edit
got beat to it..

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Jedimark on 12-16-2008 at 11:07 PM

Can't believe they've gotten written of the "Be Right Back" status (N)

RE: Windows Live Messenger and Live Suite Wave 3 released (RC) by Hank on 12-16-2008 at 11:49 PM

anyone had this error with the RC? http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=24339 ..

also this problem http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=24484

thanks to Matty suggestion was to remove it to use the Windows install Clean Up utility