Shoutbox

Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live (/showthread.php?tid=87769)

Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 12-16-2008 at 12:28 AM

Update: a new public beta of Messenger Plus! is available now:

msgpluslive.net/news/2009/01/11/another-year-another-version/

The current release of Windows Live Messenger and the public beta of Messenger Plus! Live are not 100% compatible. While some features do work not all. This was expected to happen as things can change when a product (Windows Live Messenger) goes from beta to release candidate.

Patchou is aware of the incompatibility and when we know something you will know something.

The current version is:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=941017]
Image courtesy of Neowin.net
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 12-16-2008 at 12:28 AM

Does Messenger Plus! work with Windows Live Messenger 2009 (sometimes called version 9 or 14)?
Messenger Plus! currently is not compatible with the *latest* build of Live Messenger 2009. This build is labeled 14.0.8050.1202 and was released on http://download.live.com/messenger at December 15 2008.

So when will a working version be released?
UPDATE: It's out: Another year, another version :-)
Update: As of last night (January 8) official testers are testing Messenger Plus! 4.80 which works on the latest Live Messenger 2009 build. This new version will be completely compatible, including chatlogging, tabbed conversations, skins and scripts. This is a private beta, so you can't download it yet. The good news however: Patchou will release Plus! 4.80 as a public beta on Saturday (tomorrow!). Keep in mind a release on Saturday doesn't necessarily mean early in the morning, if Patchou releases the new version in the evening it would mean people in a lot of timezones won't be able to download it until Sunday.
When released on Saturday it will still be a beta version, it will be about 2 more weeks before hitting final and officially replacing 4.70. During those 2 weeks everybody is more than welcome to install it and give it a try. There shouldn't be any serious bugs, if you do encounter problems please report them on the forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in his mail to the betatesters (got permission to post it here)
Because I want other developers to be able to use this new feature as soon as possible, I’ll update the public beta that’s currently on msgpluslive.net on Saturday. I’ll let you continue to do your tests for another 10 days before I release 4.80 officially though. Still, that means that in the meantime, if you want to release an update of your software with support for UIB files, a compatible version of Plsu! will already be on the site so you don’t have to hold your release.
You can read a full copy of Patchou's mail to the testers here (very interesting info for add-on, patch and skin developers).

How can I keep up to date about the news?
Bookmark this thread, updates will be posted here as soon as we know more. You can also subscribe to the news by RSS, official news from Patchou will be posted there.

But I heard somewhere Messenger Plus! was supposed to be compatible with Messenger 2009 Beta?
In total there are 3 different builds of Live Messenger 2009, Messenger Plus! is only compatible with the oldest 2 builds.
How do I know which build I am using?
  • Click on the menu button on your Messenger contact list. [Image: menu-button.png]
  • Go to: Help -> About Messenger.
  • The Version and build numbers are shown in the about window.
  • If your window says "Build 14.0.8050.1202" there is no working Messenger Plus! for your Messenger yet.
  • If your window says "Build 14.0.5027.908", download Messenger Plus! Live 4.79 Beta.
  • If your window says another version or build number, try Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 as it should probably work fine.

I use Live Messenger 2009 RC1 (Build 14.0.8050.1202), but Plus! still works?
Messenger Plus! will indeed still load and you can still use certain feature. However, it is far from working properly. A lot of features will only work partially and most things will not work at all. It is not recommended to keep using Plus! on the latest Messenger 2009 build, if you do, there is no point in reporting which feature do or don't work. Patchou is already aware of the problems, and we can't give any support.

What do I do until a new Plus! version is released?
You can continue to use the RC1 build without Messenger Plus! for now. If you want to be sure you aren't bugged by half-working Plus! features, uninstall Messenger Plus! and keep checking the news for a working Plus! version.

If you can't live without Plus!, uninstall Live Messenger 2009 RC1 and go back to Live Messenger 8.5 or find an old copy of Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2 which you can use together with Messenger Plus! Live 4.79 Beta.
You need to uninstall Live Messenger RC1 before you can use an older version. If you have problems uninstalling RC1, try lykos1865's walktrough

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Lou on 12-16-2008 at 01:08 AM

Thanks for that. I've now updated the two stickies and linked back hare :).

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86310
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86309

Seriously Sam... that wasn't needed...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maddawgz on 12-17-2008 at 02:04 AM

Thanks when will it be expected out waits patiently...(Y)(Y)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by roc on 12-17-2008 at 05:10 AM

eager for newer release!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MersauX on 12-17-2008 at 01:56 PM

OK, I may be a pain in the ... neck for asking this, but could someone list the features of Messenger Plus! that don't work in the RC1?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Basilis on 12-17-2008 at 02:21 PM

Are there going to be more RCs? I don't know what happens when a new Messenger version is released cause I only use Messenger for one year when Messenger 2008 was released

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 12-17-2008 at 02:47 PM

There likely will be as they want their software to have tolerable bugs not intolerable ones. Therefore the public beta of Windows Live Messenger wasn't final because of the vast majoirty of intolerable bugs; Webcam streaming not working, custom emoticon bugs etc.

I would say that yes there will be more RC versions but that is up to Microsoft in the long run.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 12-17-2008 at 11:53 PM

So far I haven't encountered any bugs with the new build hopefully they decide to make a build with gtalk/aim in it soon seeing that they already have an unreleased build with working gtalk.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Eddie on 12-18-2008 at 12:31 AM

Does anyone know of ANY way of accessing the scripts menu on the new build, that is all i need, if not, thanks anyway :)

EDIT: And before someone states the obvious, that they are not compatible, i am just querying whether there is a method. If you don't know of one, don't reply.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by -50CeNT- on 12-18-2008 at 04:35 PM

Patchou, can you make a version of Plus! for WLM 2009 RC1 as far as you can, please?  :D

Or can someone tell me, how can I display the coloured nicks of my contacts?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 12-18-2008 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -50CeNT-
Patchou, can you make a version of Plus! for WLM 2009 RC1 as far as you can, please?  :D

Or can someone tell me, how can I display the coloured nicks of my contacts?
We haven't heard from Patchou on the subject at all. Just wait paitently or downgrade to the previous build that was released being the public beta.

There is no way to resolve the incompatibilities until Patchou releases a new version.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by dbgarza on 12-19-2008 at 01:19 AM

Well I don't mind to wait, at least the tabs work with the RC1 so that's enough for me to wait patiently for a full working version :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 12-19-2008 at 08:05 AM

Anyone noticed how bland messenger feels after key functions of Plus! don't work? I got a four day holiday today, so hopefully something will come up for when i get back on monday :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Robin2130 on 12-19-2008 at 08:26 AM

How more you whine, how longer it takes before Patchou release a update.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Eddie on 12-19-2008 at 09:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Robin2130
How more you whine, how longer it takes before Patchou release a update.
Not exactly true, Patchou will release when he feels ready too, and when the software is bug-free, patience is a virtue, i'm sure we will here something soon. Maybe this thread should be locked?
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mr0anonym on 12-19-2008 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Well I don't mind to wait, at least the tabs work with the RC1 so that's enough for me to wait patiently for a full working version :P

You're right!!

But one question: Is the Message-log also working with the RC1?
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by LfcBill on 12-19-2008 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MersauX
OK, I may be a pain in the ... neck for asking this, but could someone list the features of Messenger Plus! that don't work in the RC1?

Ok, ill take a look at some basic things just so people have a rough idea.

Works.
You can goto the preferences menu.
The "disable user is typing" option works. (My friend said he didnt see it as i bashed my keyboard)
Event viewer.
Lock messenger.
Contacts on desktop option.
Contact list clean up.
Contact information.

Doesn't work.
Chat logging.
Colours in names.
Colors in your outgoing messages.
Commands ("/" prefixes).
Scripts menu is viewable (through preferences), although I couldnt get any scripts to work.
Special tags.
Format tags.
Built in sounds.
Special operations.
Contact operations.
Change status option in the "Send command" menu.
Overide contacts font option.
Find text option.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by kabso 5 on 12-19-2008 at 02:15 PM

Can Patcho Add the SigntureSound ?

i hope he can do it =(

good luck patcho  we are waiting for the msg plus !live  new build =p

i think it will be msg plus 5  becz the messenger is changed to new build

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Dede2006 on 12-19-2008 at 02:45 PM

u forgot to say that the show contacts as idle when appropriate works as well

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by levina on 12-19-2008 at 02:51 PM

when does the newest version of plus live coming in dutch? It is there but only in english.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mr0anonym on 12-19-2008 at 03:04 PM

and the tabbed chatting is also working!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 12-19-2008 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
i think it will be msg plus 5  becz the messenger is changed to new build
Not likely as it is a minor update no new features therefore it will be Plus! 4.80.
quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
Can Patcho Add the SigntureSound ?
If you are refering to the sound that plays on your contacts computer when you sign in then no this wouldn't be added as there is no direct communication between the two computers. Plus! would have to transmit the sound file to your computer. The way Microsoft did it is by downloading the file from the server.

I guess Patchou could use the sound server for this but obviously they would need Messenger Plus! to hear the sound.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ismith on 12-19-2008 at 09:39 PM

Well, ok!
we r waiting for this!!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MeEtc on 12-19-2008 at 09:45 PM

There have been a number of people on IRC complaining that the RC is not working, and they are unable to revert back to an older version even after uninstalling the RC. The installer for the older version states that a newer version is still installed.

The solution for this is to first uninstall all other Windows Live programs. Next, download Windows Installer Cleanup and remove all Windows Live components that appear on the list.

This should now allow any other Windows Live version to be installed.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 12-19-2008 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
There have been a number of people on IRC complaining that the RC is not working, and they are unable to revert back to an older version even after uninstalling the RC. The installer for the older version states that a newer version is still installed.

I had a problem with this... You have to un-install all the new Live stuff at the same time and then install 9.0 (I installed 8.5 first and then upgraded. At first I only removed WLM and then tried to remove the rest and it didn't work
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 12-20-2008 at 04:47 AM

have you guys noticed that the limit of 5 emoticons has dissapeared from this version???

btw I noticed a bug regarding skinning... if you apply the skin that release Willz to modify toasts to Wave 3 style... you will see that the toolbar in convo will be no longer with transparency but with a plain color... and he doesn't modify anything there... so maybe Plus! has just eliminated some setting of this trying to skin WLM... :$

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Vilkku on 12-20-2008 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
have you guys noticed that the limit of 5 emoticons has dissapeared from this version???

btw I noticed a bug regarding skinning... if you apply the skin that release Willz to modify toasts to Wave 3 style... you will see that the toolbar in convo will be no longer with transparency but with a plain color... and he doesn't modify anything there... so maybe Plus! has just eliminated some setting of this trying to skin WLM... :$
Guess his skin just disables Aero. "Plus! has just eliminated some setting of this trying to skin WLM..." I don't even understand what you mean :|
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 12-20-2008 at 11:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I don't even understand what you mean :|
I meant that for example maybe the value of transparency has gone... and that's why there is not transparency anymore in that bar... this was a conclusion Willz and I get from this behavior...
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mr0anonym on 12-20-2008 at 12:28 PM

Aaargh i can't await the new version of Plus! and the compatibility with WLM 2009...

Are there any statements of Patchou when he is going to release it??

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ismith on 12-20-2008 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr0anonym
Aaargh i can't await the new version of Plus! and the compatibility with WLM 2009...

Make your ow version of plus ^^ if u can;)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Riku99 on 12-20-2008 at 03:29 PM

ok this probly been answered somewere before but.
i have the version of the messenger that doesnt have a plus yet.
but i really want to have the plus due to the fact all my contacts have loads of colour codes in their names and its really annoying.
so im trying to get back to the beta. but im having trouble uninstalling windows live messenger! lol i cant find it in the control panel.
any help?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by joemailey on 12-20-2008 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Riku99
ok this probly been answered somewere before but.
i have the version of the messenger that doesnt have a plus yet.
but i really want to have the plus due to the fact all my contacts have loads of colour codes in their names and its really annoying.
so im trying to get back to the beta. but im having trouble uninstalling windows live messenger! lol i cant find it in the control panel.
any help?

looks for thing call windows live essentials and remove it.
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by bobby2000 on 12-20-2008 at 09:52 PM

quote:

The solution for this is to first uninstall all other Windows Live programs. Next, download Windows Installer Cleanup and remove all Windows Live components that appear on the list.

Hope this helps
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by jacker60 on 12-21-2008 at 04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LfcBill
quote:
Originally posted by MersauX

Ok, ill take a look at some basic things just so people have a rough idea.

Works.
You can goto the preferences menu.
The "disable user is typing" option works. (My friend said he didnt see it as i bashed my keyboard)
Event viewer.
Lock messenger.
Contacts on desktop option.
Contact list clean up.
Contact information.

Doesn't work.
Chat logging.
Colours in names.
Colors in your outgoing messages.
Commands ("/" prefixes).
Scripts menu is viewable (through preferences), although I couldnt get any scripts to work.
Special tags.
Format tags.
Built in sounds.
Special operations.
Contact operations.
Change status option in the "Send command" menu.
Overide contacts font option.
Find text option.

In my computer doestn work anytihing xD

such as i never have installed the plus! :(

But a friend of mine have the tab conversations....

Strange
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Jasonman on 12-21-2008 at 07:17 AM

when the plus will work in the windows live messenger 9 or 14.0.8050.1202

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by vaccination on 12-21-2008 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jasonman
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jasonman
when the plus will work in the windows live messenger 9 or 14.0.8050.1202

When Patchou release a update :P

correct!!well-done !!!you are right!!!
rofl.

To answer your question, no one knows, Patchou hasn't been on the forums since the RC was released - I'm not sure if beta testers have heard anything from him yet..?

But you can be pretty sure he's working on it.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 12-21-2008 at 05:37 PM

I'll work on the update next week. Thank you for your patience :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 12-21-2008 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'll work on the update next week. Thank you for your patience :)
not good enough tbh, should have been ready last week :blah:...... :P:P

take your time, everyone can wait, and for those who can't just get the :banh:
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Basilis on 12-21-2008 at 05:49 PM

Any chance this time my translation is added? :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by aNILEator on 12-21-2008 at 07:21 PM

was about to say, patchou text me confirming he is still alive today :)

But c'mon be easy on the guy it's Christmas time!

If it comes out, consider it a wonderful Christmas present to us all :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 12-21-2008 at 08:49 PM

I am having a bit of a problem down grading to Beta 2.

- I installed the Final version, found out the problem it is been having with Plus!
- Uninstalled it.
- Download Beta 2 from Softpedia and installed it.
- Beta 2 loads but does not even make an attempt to connect to the internet after i enter my password. It just says there is a problem with the service immediately after i enter the password.

I installed the Final version again and that works! But Beta 2 doesn't. I tried the Windows Uninstaller and uninstalled Beta 2 from there but it is still present on my system.

Beta 2 doesn't even show under the Uninstall Program List.

Please help me!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 12-21-2008 at 09:50 PM

Try this it worked for my friend.

http://msgstuff.com/news/post/515-zapmessenger-th...es-with-messenger/

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 12-21-2008 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Link_of_Hyrule

Nice software. But it didn't do the trick. After uninstalling Final version, i install Beta 2 and it gives me the 'service not available' message almost immediately after enter my password and hit enter.

This is absolutely strange. The software loads fine and all. What the hell!!

The error code is 80004002 btw.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by visschee on 12-22-2008 at 12:02 AM

Please.......When are ready Messenger Plus for windows live messenger version 2009 (Build 14.0.8050.1202)...?????

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 12-22-2008 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by visschee
Please.......When are ready Messenger Plus for windows live messenger version 2009 (Build 14.0.8050.1202)...?????
never....

or try read the post 7 places above yours
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by visschee on 12-22-2008 at 07:47 AM

Why....?...Have a chance to show...?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by BranDidi on 12-22-2008 at 07:51 AM

The signature sounds that WLM 9 beta had were stupid. So I doubt Plus would add it. Why would we want to hear a diff sound for everyone that decides to put one for themselves?

Anyways, has anyone found a way to download WLM 9.0 Beta or 8.5 without being forced to update to the new one? -_- Because I sat here for a couple hours uninstalling the new 2009 over and over again because 8.5 beta, 8.5, and 9.0 beta all wont let you do anything unless you update. *sigh*

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by NanoChromatic on 12-22-2008 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by visschee
never....

or try read the post 7 places above yours

Or try reading the whole thread :)
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by azur3 on 12-22-2008 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mufaa
quote:

Nice software. But it didn't do the trick. After uninstalling Final version, i install Beta 2 and it gives me the 'service not available' message almost immediately after enter my password and hit enter.

This is absolutely strange. The software loads fine and all. What the hell!!

The error code is 80004002 btw.

For everyone who has the 80004002 error code, with "Unavailable Service" or any message like this after uninstalling RC1 and reinsatlling beta 2:
There is a Live Suite component, named: Windows Live Contacts (or Windows Live Communication Platform) and Windows Live Sign-in Assistant that aren't compatible with Beta 2's components. You should uninstall it if you want to use the older version. Just type these lines in to Start Menu -> Run:

msiexec /x {505DF7A3-88D5-4DD6-9AD5-C98C2ED0CEC4}

msiexec /x {F69E83CF-B440-43F8-89E6-6EA80712109B}

It worked for me.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 12-22-2008 at 09:54 PM

^^Thanks. I tried that and now i am getting a different error: 8000ffff.

Any help regarding that?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MersauX on 12-22-2008 at 11:23 PM

Now you have to install contacts.msi

http://irc.msgplus.net/~jkay/wave3/Contacts.msi

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 12-22-2008 at 11:37 PM

^^Yes!! YESSSS!! Thank you, so so very much!  I searched and searched for the contacts.msi file but never found it. So thank you very much MersauX!

And of course, azur3, thanks a lot for the tip man! Back to working grounds! Ahh, feels good.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by wiebeltje on 12-23-2008 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by levina
when does the newest version of plus live coming in dutch? It is there but only in english.

ik heb m wel in t nederlands hoor ^o)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 12-23-2008 at 01:28 PM

I tried several times to uninstall the 1202 version, and install the 908, but I always failed. But in the last try, I finally did it! Now I'm gonna tell you exactly what to do in order to uninstall the 1202 version, and install the 908, without any problems.

1. Go to Add-or-Remove-Programs, and uninstall "Windows Live Essentials" (select every Live feature you see in the list which comes up).

2. Go to Add-or-Remove-Programs, and uninstall "Windows Live Sign-in Assistant".

3. Go to "Start Menu -> Run" and type msiexec /x {505DF7A3-88D5-4DD6-9AD5-C98C2ED0CEC4}

4. Go to "Start Menu -> Run" and type msiexec /x {F69E83CF-B440-43F8-89E6-6EA80712109B}

5. Download and run Zap Messenger from here.

6. Download and run CCleaner from here. Clean the registry with this tool.

7. Download and run Windows Live Messenger 908 Installer from here.

8. Download and run Contacts.msi from here or here.

9. Download and run wlc.msi from here or here.

10. Download and run wllogin.msi from here or here.

Now you should restart your PC, but it's not necessary to. I did not.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by fraq on 12-23-2008 at 03:04 PM

knowing and understanding that christmas and newyear are in patchouland too:D...when you think the update would be downloadable?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 12-23-2008 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lykos1865
I tried several times to uninstall the 1202 version, and install the 908, but I always failed. But in the last try, I finally did it! Now I'm gonna tell you exactly what to do in order to uninstall the 1202 version, and install the 908, without any problems.

1. Go to Add-or-Remove-Programs, and uninstall "Windows Live Essentials" (select every Live feature you see in the list which comes up).

2. Go to Add-or-Remove-Programs, and uninstall "Windows Live Sign-in Assistant".

3. Go to "Start Menu -> Run" and type msiexec /x {505DF7A3-88D5-4DD6-9AD5-C98C2ED0CEC4}

4. Go to "Start Menu -> Run" and type msiexec /x {F69E83CF-B440-43F8-89E6-6EA80712109B}

Good tips. Though i feel the step 1 and 2 are not necessary. Starting with Zap Messenger, then cmd commands, installing 908 again and installing contacts.msi solved the problem for me. CC cleaner does nothing as well.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Dark-Kyon on 12-24-2008 at 01:22 PM

ok, Thanks (Y).

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 12-24-2008 at 06:44 PM

It's good to see someones problem is fixed hopefully the new plus will be out soon so we won't have any more problems.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by NanoChromatic on 12-24-2008 at 08:17 PM

quote:
It's good to see someones problem is fixed hopefully the new plus will be out soon so we won't have any more problems.

Or stupid idiots posting before reading/searching.
And I hope patchou will release this soon, Kinda miss Plus :(.

Was not that hard to fix the problem really, If people search Google or Microsoft forums would be alot less members asking for help.

[Off-topic] When Is Wlm 9.0 Finally released? [/Off-topic]

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by moony-mood on 12-24-2008 at 08:44 PM

thnx aloot 4 the announcement i hope that the new version of Messenger Plus  release soon,,,,

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Paradise on 12-25-2008 at 12:02 AM

It's coming that 4 sure,! we just have to wait a little =D
But Really I hope they returned The signature sounds In WLM Becuz the Plus always Great! ;)

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by NanoChromatic on 12-25-2008 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paradise
It's coming that 4 sure,! we just have to wait a little =D
But Really I hope they returned The signature sounds In WLM Becuz the Plus always Great! ;)

Why all the colours in every post?

And, They probably won't, already a topic on this also.
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Paradise on 12-25-2008 at 12:55 AM

haha~ I like 2 see my post Nice!, Anyway the Question is Why the colours in the post reply's box!!? ;)

quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic

And, They probably won't, already a topic on this also.

Umm,! All right! [Still not sure!]
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by SmokingCookie on 12-25-2008 at 11:15 AM

Downgrading from ANY of the beta versions to 8.5 is pretty easy:

• Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Live and remove
    • Messenger
    • Installer
    • Any other beta program
  • Install WLM 8.5 and extra services
  • Make sure the recycle bin is empty

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 12-25-2008 at 07:50 PM

For the guy that asked when WLM 9 Final was being released its suppose to be out in Feb 09.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Lou on 12-25-2008 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fraq
knowing and understanding that christmas and newyear are in patchouland too:D...when you think the update would be downloadable?
When it's ready.

Seriously folks, stop asking for a release date. It will be released when it's ready, and only when it's ready. There will not be a light version with your favourite features, and this update might not come exactly "soon". Beta testers haven't even seen anything yet, so you're going to have to wait. Patchou is a busy guy and he can't make miracles happen. Posting here saying you're waiting for it and hoping it's going to be out soon isn't going to change that.

fraq, that was in no means directed only to you; it's directed to anyone and everyone who asks for a release date, asks for a "light" version, asks for it to be soon and etc. Your post just happened to fit the scenario.
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by babyxx on 12-25-2008 at 10:32 PM

quote:

What if you can't find " Windows Live Essentials" in your add or remove programs ? O.O
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Chris4 on 12-25-2008 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by babyxx
What if you can't find " Windows Live Essentials" in your add or remove programs ? O.O
Then you probably don't have Windows Live Messenger 2009 (latest version 1202). Check in Help > About Messenger.

If you're still having problems, post in the MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger section.
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by babyxx on 12-25-2008 at 10:47 PM

quote:

what if you can't even remove the windows live program ?

Somehow , I can't find the windows live program in my add or remove programs. So , I can only install windows live thingy but can't remove it. O.O

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Then you probably don't have Windows Live Messenger 2009 (latest version 1202). Check in Help > About Messenger.

If you're still having problems, post in the MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger section.

I have the essentials beta (Build 14.0.8050.1202) I dont know if that is the version 1202 you guys are talking about . But the problem is I can't find any windows live program in my add or remove program except for windows live sign in assistant , windows live upload tool and the starlight thingy
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 12-25-2008 at 11:51 PM

quote:
I have the essentials beta (Build 14.0.8050.1202) I dont know if that is the version 1202 you guys are talking about . But the problem is I can't find any windows live program in my add or remove program except for windows live sign in assistant , windows live upload tool and the starlight thingy

Well, then, you should do all the steps, without the first (and/or second) step. Alternatively, you can go to "Start -> Run" and type msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C} but i think that ZapMessenger does the same work...
RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by babyxx on 12-25-2008 at 11:56 PM

quote:
quote:

Well, then, you should do all the steps, without the first (and/or second) step. Alternatively, you can go to "Start -> Run" and type msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C} but i think that ZapMessenger does the same work...

thank you : )
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by fraq on 12-28-2008 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou

When it's ready.

Seriously folks, stop asking for a release date. It will be released when it's ready, and only when it's ready. There will not be a light version with your favourite features, and this update might not come exactly "soon". Beta testers haven't even seen anything yet, so you're going to have to wait. Patchou is a busy guy and he can't make miracles happen. Posting here saying you're waiting for it and hoping it's going to be out soon isn't going to change that.

fraq, that was in no means directed only to you; it's directed to anyone and everyone who asks for a release date, asks for a "light" version, asks for it to be soon and etc. Your post just happened to fit the scenario.

Hey don't worry ;), I understand perfectly your need of time for developing, debugging, translate etc etc etc, and moreover we are in the middle of the christmas holidays waiting for the new year.....;) i just wanted an answer to my question not a download link:D and you gave it to me. Thanks:).

oh, and best wishes for a happy new year;)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Dede2006 on 12-29-2008 at 02:35 PM

if its going to be released when its ready, then when is it that its going to be ready? its a specific date the answer were looking for, not just saying when its ready

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 12-29-2008 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dede2006
if its going to be released when its ready, then when is it that its going to be ready? its a specific date the answer were looking for, not just saying when its ready

Well, noone knows when it's going to be ready. Only Patchou does. So as everybody say, just sit back and wait. Noone knows. Just that simple. (H)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by NanoChromatic on 12-29-2008 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dede2006
If you READ, There isn't one. Just read before asking stupid questions, that have been answered lots of times.

When there is a date released it will be posted, So just wait.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ck1991 on 12-29-2008 at 07:43 PM

im waiting :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 12-29-2008 at 09:20 PM

Well I can survive for a while with a half working plus it just kinda sucks not to have working logs. But hey tabs and custom statuses work and thats all that really matters.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by silent-viper on 12-29-2008 at 09:23 PM

I can put up with some broken features. Also agree that its a shame the logs dont work, they are very well layed out and easy to look through.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Buppy on 12-29-2008 at 10:18 PM

all i need in plus is colored name :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by -50CeNT- on 12-30-2008 at 12:18 AM

I only have one question.

I'm  using the newest WLM with Plus, which doesn't work perfectly.  Well, I'm always on the status "busy" and it doesn't flash in the task bar when I get an new message, so I wanted to know if this is due to the incompatibility with Plus?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 12-30-2008 at 12:23 AM

quote:

I'm  using the newest WLM with Plus, which doesn't work perfectly.  Well, I'm always on the status "busy" and it doesn't flash in the task bar when I get an new message, so I wanted to know if this is due to the incompatibility with Plus?

Well, this problem is WLM's fault, not Plus Live's.
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by -50CeNT- on 12-30-2008 at 12:50 AM

quote:
quote:

Ah, ok -.-
Do you know how I can fix this?
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MattyRid on 12-30-2008 at 01:26 AM

quote:
quote:

Incorrect.

If you use tab chats, it is Messenger Plus!'s incompatibility at work here.

If you don't use tabbed chats, then that is another story.

try it!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah, ok -.-

Don't use tabbed chats, simple!
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 12-30-2008 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Incorrect.

try it!

Oh, I'm sorry. My bad. :D
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mattumanutd on 12-31-2008 at 09:44 AM

I Think that the new version won't be out before the next two weeks, I'm sure patchou is working on it so we just have to be patient and wait, i'd rather wait longer and get a better service =D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 12-31-2008 at 01:00 PM

People should stop asking for a release time and give it some time. Some of us cant stay without MsgPlus! as it has alot of great features, but its simple. If you cant wait for the new MsgPlus! beta then get back to using the previous build of WLM "14.0.5027.908" and Patcho will sure let us know when the fully compatible version of MsgPlus! is ready. Plus, the new refresh build of WLM has nothing special except for the bug fixes the previous one had so, I recommend using the previous build and waiting for the new MsgPlus!. :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mattumanutd on 12-31-2008 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
the new refresh build of WLM has nothing special except for the bug fixes the previous one had so, I recommend using the previous build and waiting for the new MsgPlus!. :)

200 bugs fixed =P
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 12-31-2008 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mattumanutd
quote:
the new refresh build of WLM has nothing special except for the bug fixes the previous one had so, I recommend using the previous build and waiting for the new MsgPlus!. :)

200 bugs fixed =P
Lol yes, over 200 bugs fixed but still, most are minor I think and the new refresh beta has some problem showing the contacts' status.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by foaly on 12-31-2008 at 02:15 PM

I'm still having the bug that it doesn't really closes chatwindows...
Making it impossible to leave groupconversations...
Really irritating...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 12-31-2008 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
Really irritating...
Wasn't this found to be an Messenger Discovery bug?
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 12-31-2008 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
Really irritating...
If you are talking about the build 14.0.527.908, try that link. http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/download/96/
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ismith on 12-31-2008 at 05:40 PM

Patchou is the bes, let's just wait for the new version!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 12-31-2008 at 06:45 PM

A possible explanation for Patchou's absence is another project he is working on. If we dont hear anything in the next couple days I will text him and see if he is alive :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Basilis on 01-01-2009 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
A possible explanation for Patchou's absence is another project he is working on. If we dont hear anything in the next couple days I will text him and see if he is alive :)
What project? Does it have anything to do with Plus! or it something else? I guess you cannot tell us but I will take my chances. :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Axxam on 01-01-2009 at 05:01 PM

i want know how to access the scripts menu frm the latest buld too. So any one knows how to do this please reply ass soon as possible

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by RebelSean on 01-01-2009 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
quote:
Originally posted by matty
What project? Does it have anything to do with Plus! or it something else? I guess you cannot tell us but I will take my chances. :)

Google is your best friend ;).
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Sim Kai Long on 01-02-2009 at 08:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Axxam
i want know how to access the scripts menu frm the latest buld too. So any one knows how to do this please reply ass soon as possible

Press Alt on any chat window, go to PLUS! and go preferences. But that only enables/disables script. I dunno about the settings for scripts part. :$ Sorry.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by crazyspitfire12 on 01-02-2009 at 12:58 PM

hi
i was acturly trying to contact you so i could aware you of this because i relly love messenger plus and i really wanted it on the new windows live messenger but i could no find it any where on your site where i could download it for this new windows live messenger.
thanks for solving my problem
thank you
bye
crazyspitfire12 [font=Courier][size=2][[b]

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-02-2009 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspitfire12
hi
i was acturly trying to contact you so i could aware you of this because i relly love messenger plus and i really wanted it on the new windows live messenger but i could no find it any where on your site where i could download it for this new windows live messenger.
thanks for solving my problem
thank you
bye
crazyspitfire12 [font=Courier][size=2][[b]
For the tenth time, the new version of Plus! thats fully compatible with the refresh beta 2009 is not out yet. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Axxam
Scripts wont work in the latest build by any chance. You can just wait for the new Plus!. :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mynetx on 01-03-2009 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Scripts wont work in the latest build by any chance.
Wrong, you can only just not access their menus, and anything handling with chat texts is not working. So basically scripts do work (such as WLMStatus).
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-03-2009 at 04:29 PM

Wrong, you can only just not access their menus, and anything handling with chat texts is not working. So basically scripts do work (such as WLMStatus).

If u cant access their menus, u wont be able to use them. Just because their names are there doesnt mean they do work. :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Matti on 01-03-2009 at 04:42 PM

quote:
If u cant access their menus, u wont be able to use them. Just because  their names is there doesnt mean they do work. :)
Not really. Scripts will be loaded into Messenger, and they'll start up and function just fine. They simply won't be able to let the user access their features through the script menu and/or script commands, and things like changing the text to be sent won't work. However, as mynetx correctly stated, a script such as WLMStatus will work when you configured it before on a pre-RC release: it will retrieve your current status and send it to the server. This is possible because WLMStatus doesn't need those broken features to do this: a simple XML HTTP request is sufficient.
So in fact, scripts do work on the latest RC, they simply can't provide the necessary accessibility options to let the user configure them.

By the way, why do we keep arguing about this? Patchou knows very well what works and what doesn't, simply wait for a new version to come out and eventually downgrade if you can't live without Plus!. ;)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by cssoz on 01-03-2009 at 06:30 PM

man, this is a pain without 3 of my favorite plugins working for WLM 9 RC 1. one of them includes MSGplus LIVE =(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Chris4 on 01-03-2009 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cssoz
man, this is a pain without 3 of my favorite plugins working for WLM 9 RC 1. one of them includes MSGplus LIVE =(
Use WLM 8.5 :P. Just as good.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Glcflynn on 01-03-2009 at 08:19 PM

Any idea yet on when it will be released?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-03-2009 at 08:19 PM

By the way, why do we keep arguing about this? Patchou knows very well what works and what doesn't, simply wait for a new version to come out and eventually downgrade if you can't live without Plus!. ;)

Word at matti, already done it.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Andylongi on 01-03-2009 at 09:02 PM

Hope it will be out soon. By the way where is Patchou hope he is ok.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by cssoz on 01-03-2009 at 09:27 PM

quote:
quote:

;( WLM 9 RC 1, is what im addicted now
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Chris4 on 01-03-2009 at 09:31 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

;( WLM 9 RC 1, is what im addicted now
When you downgrade to 8.5 with fully working skins, scripts, etc., it's much better ;)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-03-2009 at 10:33 PM

Just have to wait a little longer till patcheu gets around to fixing plus which I hope isn't much longer.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Robin2130 on 01-04-2009 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Just have to wait a little longer till patcheu gets around to fixing plus which I hope isn't much longer.
Or use WLM 8.5 or 9 BETA until the new plus! is released :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-04-2009 at 07:38 PM

lol thats what I just said :P I use RC1 with plus! I just don't have the features I one I really use that doesn't work is logging and emoticon sounds

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by daniellexx on 01-04-2009 at 08:02 PM

my friend has the new messenger and messenger plus is fully compatible? the coloured fonts on the msn name works completely normal?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mynetx on 01-04-2009 at 08:04 PM

Danielle,

Messenger Plus! is not fully compatible. To be honest, the fewest things work. So your friend will have to wait with upgrading to the latest Messenger RC if he/she needs/wants Plus! to be working. :)

mynetx

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Chris4 on 01-04-2009 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniellexx
my friend has the new messenger and messenger plus is fully compatible? the coloured fonts on the msn name works completely normal?

It's a bit confusing. Your friend doesn't have the very latest version. There's a slightly older 'build', which is still the new 2009 version, which Plus! is compatible with. Your friend has that version. More info:

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
But I heard somewhere Messenger Plus! was supposed to be compatible with Messenger 2009 Beta?
In total there are 3 different builds of Live Messenger 2009, Messenger Plus! is only compatible with the oldest 2 builds.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by limeares on 01-05-2009 at 02:36 AM

for the people that cannot return to 8.5, just RESTORE SYSTEM to a date that u had WLM 8.5. Just remembre to BACKUP your Spftware installed AFTER that.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MeEtc on 01-05-2009 at 02:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by limeares
bad idea.
the instructions from lykos1865 seem to work just fine, and do not require such a drastic action.
lykos1865's reply to Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Rockerz-Boy on 01-05-2009 at 05:11 AM

My Question Is , If Your Made A New VErsion Of Live Plus To The Current Version Of Windows Live Messenger 14.0.8050.1202? I Waiting 4 The Answer

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 01-05-2009 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rockerz-Boy
My Question Is , If Your Made A New VErsion Of Live Plus To The Current Version Of Windows Live Messenger 14.0.8050.1202? I Waiting 4 The Answer

No, a new version has not yet been made.

There will be an announcement from Patchou in the Announcements section of the forum when this happens but don't necessarily expect it to be soon as he is currently involved with several things
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Andylongi on 01-06-2009 at 01:03 AM

Does anyone know why Patchou is hide for such a long time, must be around 2 weeks now i think!?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lilpimp on 01-06-2009 at 01:23 AM

i hope one land soon i miss colours

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by James Potter on 01-06-2009 at 06:56 AM

Argh! Here we go again.
We are not Microsoft, Patchou, or even some magicians to magically know when WLM and MP!L will finally be released. Indeed there are Beta-testers for WLM and MP!L here, but they are unaware of the release dates, as there is no new private Beta released so far.
All we can do is hope that they're going to be released after all, be it sooner or later. Can't live with WLM without Plus!? The second post of the thread explains how to downgrade to WLM 2009 M3 which supports MP!L. Sigh. ¬¬

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mynetx on 01-06-2009 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Does anyone know why Patchou is hide for such a long time, must be around 2 weeks now i think!?
Just for your info: Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC has been published on December 15, 2008, some 3 weeks ago. Patchou has SMS'd several people I know for New Year, so he's still alive. Furthermore he's quite busy with several things at the moment, things of which you guys will be made aware the sooner or later (up to Patchou when that is). So, as I personally haven't heard anything from Patchou in regards to Messenger Plus! with Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC (14.0.8050.1202), we will have to show patience for him. Also, getting compatibility with this version is somewhat more complicated in regards to skinning, as Microsoft introduced a new internal, binary, resource format (UIB) and has removed the old parser for XML/CSS-alike window definitions/styles. Several people are getting behind the magics of this format, and this does include Patchou.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by worrall98 on 01-06-2009 at 09:01 AM

What a great product Messenger Plus is. Please leave Patchou in peace. All the questions and comments about an upgrade to cover Version 2009 Build 14.0.8050.1202 are not helping.

It will be ready when its ready.

People seem to forget its basically a free product and a Damn good one at that.

Pete:D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by drift3r4ever on 01-06-2009 at 02:15 PM

i just cant wait to my WLM 2009 will be full compatible with Messenger Plus. patchou hurry up :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by crazyspitfire12 on 01-06-2009 at 04:45 PM

God I wish they would hurry up i can not live with out messenger plus :D
It is such a dam GOOD! Program !! :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by LfcBill on 01-06-2009 at 05:25 PM

Patience is a virtue.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spot on 01-07-2009 at 02:28 AM

I am just wondering when there will be a possibility for the tabbed chats to be fixed?

I'm sure everyone knows that the taskbar window pane doesn't flash under tabbed chats.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 01-07-2009 at 06:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spot
I am just wondering when there will be a possibility for the tabbed chats to be fixed?

I'm sure everyone knows that the taskbar window pane doesn't flash under tabbed chats.
When it is released you can expect it to be fully functional. However no one has heard anything.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-07-2009 at 04:16 PM

Tabbed Chat is actually one of the few features that does work with WLM 9 RC1. I've been using the beta version of plus with WLM 9 RC1 for a while with out really any problems other then the obviousness that some features don't work.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-07-2009 at 08:52 PM

quote:

Its not a problem with Plus! I think it had something to do with the toolbar in the chat windows convos.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MattyRid on 01-07-2009 at 09:08 PM

quote:
quote:

Its not a problem with Plus! I think it had something to do with the toolbar in the chat windows convos.

Have another read of this again!

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:
quote:

Incorrect.

try it!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah, ok -.-

Don't use tabbed chats, simple!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Gonzo68 on 01-08-2009 at 03:43 AM

People who got their hand on the beta of Windows 7 don't really need the Tabbed chat anymore.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ices_Eyes on 01-08-2009 at 07:32 AM

Good news...or something similar... WLM 9 has been released, in its final version...Better, version 1202 seems to be the final version...So now...just to wait Patchou has the time to take it! :)

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maxrase on 01-08-2009 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ices_Eyes
Good news...or something similar... WLM 9 has been released, in its final version...Better, version 1202 seems to be the final version...So now...just to wait Patchou has the time to take it! :)

Yes Microsoft confirmed that the current build, called Windows Live Messenger RC, is the final build (14.0.8050.1202).

There won't be any update on february but be patient, new build of Messenger Plus! Live is in under way :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by wlmgoesplus on 01-08-2009 at 12:56 PM

i also cant wait and think we have wait a long time and no new version is there, because this final has the same versionnumber like second beta of wlm .. so whats up, how long we must still wait????

i think the time for programming a first release or to fix the exist release for beta 1 cant take so a long time

sry but this is my opinion, take it or leave it

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by bobby2000 on 01-08-2009 at 04:43 PM

Leave it i'm afraid wlmgoesplus.

Plus take alot of work! It's not just something that can be done overnight and i'm sure that once patchou thinks its ready, he'll release it.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 01-08-2009 at 05:27 PM

The release is likely to be a private beta sent to the testers. No you cannot be added to the testers list so there is no sense in asking.

However we as testers have heard from Patchou and he is working on it.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Basilis on 01-08-2009 at 06:06 PM

So, the RC is considered as final? Won't there be any update?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-08-2009 at 06:45 PM

quote:
So, the RC is considered as final? Won't there be any update?

Basilis, I guess that's what it means... ^o)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by wlmgoesplus on 01-08-2009 at 07:40 PM

what i mean is that we have a release for beta 1 of wlm2009 and what is the problem that no one is there for beta 2 ?
did microsoft change so many things from beta 1 to 2 so that it take so a long time to finish the release for 2009 final / 2. beta???

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Dragunov on 01-08-2009 at 08:00 PM

Well, don't think they changed anything from RC to Final, cause it has the same build number

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 01-08-2009 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wlmgoesplus
what i mean is that we have a release for beta 1 of wlm2009 and what is the problem that no one is there for beta 2 ?
did microsoft change so many things from beta 1 to 2 so that it take so a long time to finish the release for 2009 final / 2. beta???
Patchou has other projects on the go aside from Messenger Plus! Live. It used to be his sole project but not anymore. There is something else that is also taking up some of his time.

The current RC will be labled as a final version once it is released. There aren't many issues with the current build as previous.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-08-2009 at 10:56 PM

They're now forcing downloads of the latest build.
Byebye plus :|:|

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Willz on 01-08-2009 at 11:03 PM

quote:

This has been talked about heaps of times on this site, should try searching around threads. Anyway here is a quick explanation (the same one I posted up on my site)

As most of us in the Messenger World predicted, Microsoft has removed the opening that allowed us to be able to edit Messengers layout files. The reason we were able to make patches work on the beta build was because we were forcing Messenger to load old layout files which we are still able to edit.

In the RC build (which is the final version of 9) they have not only removed the ability to switch back to this old format, they have actually removed all of the old layout files altogether. So what does this mean for you the user of mods and skins?

Well before any of your favorite skins, patches or addons like Messenger Plus! will work properly again the new format of layout files must be reverse engineered. Until then we are unable to apply any changes to the Messenger layout except replacing images. But this is virtually useless since the key to Messenger mods and patches lies within the layout files which we are locked out of at the moment.

So I ask for everyone to be patient and not to go around to forums asking when things are going to be back to normal. It is still not clear if things will be worked out quickly or if it will be a while before we see our mods up and running again.

and that is why things are taking long.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-08-2009 at 11:31 PM

Well it kinda makes it a little bit difficult when microsoft are forcing you to update..
It wont let you sign in now until you have the latest build.
So yeh I'm fucked :]

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-08-2009 at 11:34 PM

what WLM version were you using when you got the forcing update dialog???

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Willz on 01-08-2009 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cianloves
Well it kinda makes it a little bit difficult when microsoft are forcing you to update..

You could downgrade back to 8.5 if you really want Messenger Plus. They aren't force upgrading that. Its better than sitting there with nothing.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/3410/

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-08-2009 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

This has been talked about heaps of times on this site, should try searching around threads. Anyway here is a quick explanation (the same one I posted up on my site)

As most of us in the Messenger World predicted, Microsoft has removed the opening that allowed us to be able to edit Messengers layout files. The reason we were able to make patches work on the beta build was because we were forcing Messenger to load old layout files which we are still able to edit.

In the RC build (which is the final version of 9) they have not only removed the ability to switch back to this old format, they have actually removed all of the old layout files altogether. So what does this mean for you the user of mods and skins?

Well before any of your favorite skins, patches or addons like Messenger Plus! will work properly again the new format of layout files must be reverse engineered. Until then we are unable to apply any changes to the Messenger layout except replacing images. But this is virtually useless since the key to Messenger mods and patches lies within the layout files which we are locked out of at the moment.

So I ask for everyone to be patient and not to go around to forums asking when things are going to be back to normal. It is still not clear if things will be worked out quickly or if it will be a while before we see our mods up and running again.

and that is why things are taking long.

Completely true! Sadly I didn't sign up early enough to clarify... For who the hell knows which reasons all the previously editable files and reachable content inside and around WLM was completely removed, either it has been accidentally or intentionally, the deal is that Microsoft's "essentials" are completely locked for third party developers.

quote:

That's true. You are, at least if you want to use WLM 14

quote:
quote:

You could downgrade back to 8.5 if you really want Messenger Plus. They aren't force upgrading that. Its better than sitting there with nothing.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/3410/

Partially true, so far at least, Microsoft hasn't forced any of my known WLM 8.5 users to upgrade. However, Will, I have seen it is a real PIA (pain in the ass) to try a downgrade, since somehow, and sometimes (which is rare, it doesn't behave the same always) WLM 8.5 drops the 8004ffff error, which means some files are corrupted. It takes a lot of patience to make WLM 8.5 Work right again. So, for the average user at least, yes, bbye plus! until further news from Patchou!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-08-2009 at 11:47 PM

erm.. the build before 1202

One of my friends tried downgrading to 8.5 and it didn't work..

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-08-2009 at 11:56 PM

quote:
One of my friends tried downgrading to 8.5 and it didn't work..

I mentioned that in my previous post. Cianloves, so yeah, I say again. Average users at least can say bbye to Plus! until further news :(
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-08-2009 at 11:57 PM

I'm really hacked off that they're forcing it.. I mean.. why? :S:S

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 12:03 AM

quote:
I'm really hacked off that they're forcing it.. I mean.. why? :S:S

3 reasons:

1.- Security. Once they drop a version of any of their product, they simply stop working on updating that product, which means it will later turn unstable and unreliable.

2.- (a Very important one, for them) Confort. If they allow you to keep using an old version. They will be forced to maintain and support 2 different versions of one product, when they could simply let you use one. The same happened with their Windows brand. They don't offer any kind of support to the Windows 9x series nowadays.

3.- (The VERY IMPORTANT reason for them) Finances. Windows Live Wave is thinked of service providing as an earning medium. And having you using the brand new Windows Live Wave products guarantees them a safe income from their sponsors. If you think about it, several addons removed the commercial add Windows Live Messenger had at this bottom, which is a "No, no, man!" from Microsoft!

That's why.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-09-2009 at 12:08 AM

Nope 8.5 doesn't work :/

Its a joke tbh :/
But why aren't they forcing 8.5 users to update?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 12:13 AM

quote:
Its a joke tbh :/
But why aren't they forcing 8.5 users to update?

Hahaha! you're really frustrated huh (because of the joke you mention xD).

Cause 8.5 is to the moment a stable version. Since 2009 is a brand new version they will take some time to "adjust" several things, before dropping 8.5 deffinitively (which I tell you for sure... Will happen :()
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MattyRid on 01-09-2009 at 12:13 AM

get the 8.5 installer from http://mess.be

I'f I'm not mistaken they provide the Messenger 8.5 msi

I signed in on 8.5 this morning without any hassles what so ever!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-09-2009 at 12:13 AM

Hmph.
This update better hurry up cse i'ma go crazy.
And yeah I am :P

Thanks i shall try that :D
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 12:26 AM

quote:
Thanks i shall try that :D

Cianlove man, sorry if somehow you felt attacked or offended for whatever things I've said. I tried to reply in a friendly matter the things you asked. And want to publicly apologize if you or someone in this forum gets me wrong :$!
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-09-2009 at 12:30 AM

Waheyy it worked.

Nope you didn't offend me :]
Some other people I've read seemed rude.. but you haven't been to me..
Which is good.. cse I'm not an idiot :P

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Waheyy it worked.

Nope you didn't offend me :]
Some other people I've read seemed rude.. but you haven't been to me..
Which is good.. cse I'm not an idiot :P

I'm glad to read that. Thanks a lot man!
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-09-2009 at 12:39 AM

Haha you're welcome I think :P
And thanks for all your help :]]

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-09-2009 at 12:40 AM

nice to see a new venezuelan guy here... and he actually has showed us that he perhaps manage the WLM concepts very well... maybe we have just met a new very good help for the community... WELCOME ABOARD!!! BIENVENIDO MI PANA!!!

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 12:44 AM

quote:
nice to see a new venezuelan guy here... and he actually has showed us that he perhaps manage the WLM concepts very well... maybe we have just met a new very good help for the community... WELCOME ABOARD!!! BIENVENIDO MI PANA!!!

:$ Haha! Thanks a lot bro! / Muchísimas gracias hermano!

And yes, I'm here to help as much as I can :D
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by szucsitg on 01-09-2009 at 01:24 AM

i understand that the change was important, but rc1 doesn't really work seamlessly.

i use windows 7 beta 1.
for first, the messenger's icon disappeared from my taskbar, but displayed my status. some pin-unpin cycle, and finally it appeared correctly. than, i want to change my status, from the taskbar, it's very slow, and cause i haven't seen any changes, i clicked many times. it use new process to change the status, so my computer slowed down, from the approx 40 running exes. and i only can laugh at the 'installing direct3d 9' part of the installer. congratulations, wlm developers.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 01:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by szucsitg
i understand that the change was important, but rc1 doesn't really work seamlessly.

i use windows 7 beta 1.
for first, the messenger's icon disappeared from my taskbar, but displayed my status. some pin-unpin cycle, and finally it appeared correctly. than, i want to change my status, from the taskbar, it's very slow, and cause i haven't seen any changes, i clicked many times. it use new process to change the status, so my computer slowed down, from the approx 40 running exes. and i only can laugh at the 'installing direct3d 9' part of the installer. congratulations, wlm developers.

My greetings szucsitg. Yes, you're right, the experience of WLM 9 with Windows 7 may be very frustrating sometimes. I have the latest release of that OS which by the way will be downloadable for the public in a matter of hours from their site. But that is a matter related to some buggy deals between Windows 7 and WLM. That's what I was told from W7 ppl at least. But you can still download the WLM 8.5 installer the boys posted a few lines up. It works great with both Windows 7 and Messenger Plus! Cheers :D!
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by szucsitg on 01-09-2009 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by froznb
My greetings szucsitg. Yes, you're right, the experience of WLM 9 with Windows 7 may be very frustrating sometimes. I have the latest release of that OS which by the way will be downloadable for the public in a matter of hours from their site. But that is a matter related to some buggy deals between Windows 7 and WLM. That's what I was told from W7 ppl at least. But you can still download the WLM 8.5 installer the boys posted a few lines up. It works great with both Windows 7 and Messenger Plus! Cheers :D!

i'm using build 7000, i think that's the latest. yes, i can change back to 8.5, but i like the new design, functions of wlm2009. so i stay, and hope for the best. the only reason i write my post, that even if they're tested the rc1 under win7, because it's integrated in the taskbar, they somehow 'forget' to test it carefully. and beside, they force you to use this s**t.
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by szucsitg
quote:

i'm using build 7000, i think that's the latest. yes, i can change back to 8.5, but i like the new design, functions of wlm2009. so i stay, and hope for the best. the only reason i write my post, that even if they're tested the rc1 under win7, because it's integrated in the taskbar, they somehow 'forget' to test it carefully. and beside, they force you to use this s**t.

What you say is true! I can't defend W7 and WLW teams on that. They are even promoting in the windows 7 site to work with windows live wave for the best experience. Seems like they rushed a little. But WLM 2009 really rocks, that's true too. So I guess we are together in hoping for the best. Guys here at Plus! are working, guys at Windows team are too, and so WLW. Let's wait and see what happens :)! I invite you to get your hands on the public release Microsoft is making in a matter of hours, so we can share opinions about this wlw3/w7 experience (Y)!
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 01-09-2009 at 02:53 AM

An edit to post 2/3,
you can't roll back anymore. At least, you can, but you wont be able to sign in [MS is forcing an update now]. I can't comment if this the case for 8.5 users either.
I just hope this gears P to work a bit harder.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Willz on 01-09-2009 at 02:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KFrohman
An edit to post 2/3,
you can't roll back anymore. At least, you can, but you wont be able to sign in [MS is forcing an update now].

I have both 8.5 and 9 set up and 8.5 still works like a charm. If MS was really forcing an update it would have a message appear that says "there is a newer version of Windows Live Messenger available click here to learn more", like with previous forced updates.

Most of my contacts still have 8.5 with no issues.
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 03:04 AM

quote:
quote:
An edit to post 2/3,
you can't roll back anymore. At least, you can, but you wont be able to sign in [MS is forcing an update now].

I have both 8.5 and 9 set up and 8.5 still works like a charm. If MS was really forcing an update it would have a message appear that says "there is a newer version of Windows Live Messenger available click here to learn more", like with previous forced updates.

Most of my contacts still have 8.5 with no issues.

Yeah will is right. Did you try the .msi to install WLM 8.5?
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Anthony Kinson on 01-09-2009 at 04:25 AM

i was forced to update today, from the 1st public beta to the newest version (version 2009 build: 14.0.8050.1202)

everytime i tried to sign in it told me i had to update, otherwise it wouldnt let me sign in. if clicked to cancell or decline the update i wud simply be returned to the login screen.

i guess this now means we have to wait for the next release of live plus.

also i think the update is forced at diff times for diff regions, makes sense really to keep the loads to a minimum on the servers rather than millions of people updating at once.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-09-2009 at 04:37 AM

Anthony that's way normal... because we are now out of beta stages... but that is a forced update... no an forced upgrade... the one will happen if you are using a final version, for example 8.5 and they force you to upgrade to for example 2009/9/14...

they make this kind of forced updated to avoid people from using buggy programs (old betas), what's not telling you that the one you are using is not buggy but SHOULD BE less buggy :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-09-2009 at 04:56 AM

Does anybody here (remember vera lynn :P ) know any way to keep using the 908 version? Some hack, some patch, to make WLM seem like 1202?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MeEtc on 01-09-2009 at 05:01 AM

quote:
XVI32 + msnmsgr.exe + version hack = working version of WLM Beta 14.0.5027.908

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-09-2009 at 06:35 AM

quote:

Press alt and problem is fixed.
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 06:38 AM

quote:
quote:

Press alt? Press alt and what? Tell me!
RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 01-09-2009 at 06:53 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Pressing Alt will do nothing for this problem, it is caused due to Messenger Plus! Live's current incompatibility with the new release of Windows Live Messenger

Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Anthony Kinson on 01-09-2009 at 07:39 AM

quote:
Anthony that's way normal... because we are now out of beta stages... but that is a forced update... no an forced upgrade... the one will happen if you are using a final version, for example 8.5 and they force you to upgrade to for example 2009/9/14...

they make this kind of forced updated to avoid people from using buggy programs (old betas), what's not telling you that the one you are using is not buggy but SHOULD BE less buggy :P

yeah i said update, all i know is on my laptop i was using the windows live wave 3 betas, the first public ones (messenger, writer & mail)

i then started getting messages when i logged in saying new version available, so i updated on my pc, noticed that live plus didnt work with it and kept the wave 3 beta's on my laptop.

it used to just inform me on the laptop an update was available, today however it wouldnt let me login untill i updated.

i only really use live plus for the fancy coloured names, most of my contacts use it, and when its not working as in the latest update of WLM my contact list just look slike a load of gibberish lol

just been using the search bar to find contacts atm tho.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by karliitos on 01-09-2009 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).

Wow, thanks for the info, I was desperate to know this ;)(Y)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MersauX on 01-09-2009 at 09:34 AM

The easiest way to stay with the Beta build of WLM 9 is to open the exe file in something like ResHack and edit the version number. I've done it and managed to sign in without upgrading to the latest version. I'll wait for Messenger Plus! before I upgrade.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-09-2009 at 11:02 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pressing Alt will do nothing for this problem, it is caused due to Messenger Plus! Live's current incompatibility with the new release of Windows Live Messenger

Not really. It's not because of plus!. Opening a convo with anyone and pressing alt will hide the toolbar that replaces the tabbed chats place. :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 01-09-2009 at 11:29 AM

I just updated my post on the first page, but I'll post it again here because more people will notice:

As of last night (January 8) official testers are testing Messenger Plus! 4.80 which works on the latest Live Messenger 2009 build. This new version will be completely compatible, including chatlogging, tabbed conversations, skins and scripts. This is a private beta, so you can't download it yet. The good news however: Patchou will release Plus! 4.80 as a public beta on Saturday (tomorrow!). Keep in mind a release on Saturday doesn't necessarily mean early in the morning, if Patchou releases the new version in the evening it would mean people in a lot of timezones won't be able to download it until Sunday.
When released on Saturday it will still be a beta version, it will be about 2 more weeks before hitting final and officially replacing 4.70. During those 2 weeks everybody is more than welcome to install it and give it a try. There shouldn't be any serious bugs, if you do encounter problems please report them on the forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in his mail to the betatesters (got permission to post it here)
Because I want other developers to be able to use this new feature as soon as possible, I’ll update the public beta that’s currently on msgpluslive.net on Saturday. I’ll let you continue to do your tests for another 10 days before I release 4.80 officially though. Still, that means that in the meantime, if you want to release an update of your software with support for UIB files, a compatible version of Plsu! will already be on the site so you don’t have to hold your release.
You can read a full copy of Patchou's mail to the testers here (very interesting info for add-on, patch and skin developers).
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Andylongi on 01-09-2009 at 12:17 PM

Wow thanks for this great news!!!!!!!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by wiebeltje on 01-09-2009 at 12:36 PM

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeY finally :P i've really really missed plus so much!!

this is gr8!!!!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 12:37 PM

Oh yess!!! I am pretty sure the Beta will be as stable as the final, if not a little less and possibly the instability will not be noticeable by users like me. So this is pretty fantastically awesome. I was actually going to ask if there could be a possbility of a public beta..'cause many require the new Messenger Plus since MS is forcing. But here is Patchou being kind as always.

Good stuff!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-09-2009 at 01:21 PM

Good News definitively! I've been dealing with a lot of clients, friends, and family asking me desperately about a new version of Plus! That's what moved me to log into this forums. Good work Patchou! And thanks for the tip, MenthiX :D!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Robin2130 on 01-09-2009 at 02:03 PM

Great :) KUTGW :D (Keep Up The Good Work)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Cianloves on 01-09-2009 at 02:13 PM

Thats great, thanks :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-09-2009 at 02:25 PM

That's great, thanks for sharing the news.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Eddie on 01-09-2009 at 02:26 PM

Thanks for the update Menthix :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by S.Shaheen on 01-09-2009 at 02:30 PM

finally :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by karliitos on 01-09-2009 at 02:35 PM

Thanks for the update
I am waiting for the Saturday :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 01-09-2009 at 03:21 PM

Since people were asking for it, and Patchou said it was ok to share everything in this mail...

Here's the full mail from Patchou to the testers: http://random.menthix.net/mpl_files/patchou-4.80-beta-mail.txt
Not much use to regular users, but some very interesting info for add-on, patch and skin developers.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by karliitos on 01-09-2009 at 03:30 PM

ok, i am reading the full mail

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by valeria-elfo on 01-09-2009 at 04:15 PM

thx MenthiX for the news...

and thx Patch for the present!!!

and now ....    Happy New Year to everyone  =]    (L)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Basilis on 01-09-2009 at 04:27 PM

Great news. I can't wait to get the my hands on Plus! 4.80

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Rssawy on 01-09-2009 at 04:31 PM

Patchou ,, Love You Man (L)
You Great ;)

Thx (f)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Matti on 01-09-2009 at 04:37 PM

Damnit, didn't expect Patchou taking "a couple of days" that serious. :P
I got to hurry, I need to get to my home PC and start testing this BETA. We don't want the public beta release to be alpha quality, do we? :)

EDIT: I'm home now, let's see if this thing works...
EDIT2: It works! Yay! :D
* Matti hugs Patchou. (L)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by szucsitg on 01-09-2009 at 05:04 PM

thanks for the news about mp 4.80 beta. make my day. and patchou is the best ;)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spado on 01-09-2009 at 05:06 PM

That's great! Tomorrow I'll have all colored nicks (and all other loveable features of MP! again in my Messenger 2009)!
Patchou for president :D!

quote:
Excuse me, but wasn't that all users with more than 50 posts could download all betas :D?
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Matti on 01-09-2009 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spado
quote:
Excuse me, but wasn't that all users with more than 50 posts could download all betas :D?
Excuse me, may I ask you where you've read that, since that isn't true at all. Beta testers are selected by Patchou himself. Only if he's certain you can be trusted and you have proven to be a valuable member by helping others and whether you are capable of properly handling beta software, you might become a beta tester once. It happened to me: I was proposed by another tester and I was accepted because of my contributions here. By the way, this has been answered many many times before...
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spado on 01-09-2009 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
quote:
Originally posted by Spado
quote:
Excuse me, may I ask you where you've read that, since that isn't true at all. Beta testers are selected by Patchou himself. Only if he's certain you can be trusted and you have proven to be a valuable member by helping others and whether you are capable of properly handling beta software, you might become a beta tester once. It happened to me: I was proposed by another tester and I was accepted because of my contributions here. By the way, this has been answered many many times before...
Ah, excuse me, I think I confused it with Messenger Discovery forum :D...
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-09-2009 at 07:53 PM

Well, just..... Perfect! I can't wait for the 4.80 version....But the most of all, I can't wait for the 5.0 version... It's gonna be cooler than cool! Patchou , you rock!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ismith on 01-09-2009 at 09:04 PM

Great News man, thanks a lot, o cant wait for new msg plus.!
Thanks again!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Tojama on 01-09-2009 at 09:12 PM

I can't wait.. ><
The New MSN without Messenger Plus suxx... =/

Is the Release Today?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by trenbolon on 01-09-2009 at 09:16 PM

dammmmmmnnnn i searched evvverywhere for msg plus for wlm 09 but found nothing and now i saw, that patchou will release 4.80 todayyyyyy....haha yeaaaaaaaaaaaa....

u made my day patchou...
i haaate wlm without plus !!!

its like a head without a body...
a human wihtout a heart :D

sorry, but my english sucks...i'm from germany, so...:)

is a link available now ?? or is it possible to get the beta right now ?? i can not wait sooo long for it :D:D

EDIT: please have a heart a give me a link for it :D:o)(Y)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Chris4 on 01-09-2009 at 09:19 PM

Please be patient until its released tomorrow.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 01-09-2009 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tojama
Is the Release Today?
quote:
Originally posted by trenbolon
is a link available now ?? or is it possible to get the beta right now ??

Please read again:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
The good news however: Patchou will release Plus! 4.80 as a public beta on Saturday (tomorrow!). Keep in mind a release on Saturday doesn't necessarily mean early in the morning, if Patchou releases the new version in the evening it would mean people in a lot of timezones won't be able to download it until Sunday

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-09-2009 at 09:42 PM

It's great to see that theres finally a release coming I'm so happy to be able to use the rests of Plus' features. Anyways awesome job Patcheu and keep up the good work!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by LfcBill on 01-10-2009 at 12:52 AM

good job. cant wait.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by janlukaz on 01-10-2009 at 01:51 AM

I can barley wait for it, they should've said the release was on Sunday so ppl did't get this excited about it.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MeEtc on 01-10-2009 at 05:24 AM

I have been reading over the scripting documentation, and have been wondering what this MPTools application will be used to make "live changes" to windows. Does this mean that the style and definition files are loaded on the fly as needed, or is a restart of WLM still necessary?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Buppy on 01-10-2009 at 07:48 AM

Great news! Thanks :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ads88 on 01-10-2009 at 09:09 AM

Will this version work on Windows 7?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by S.Shaheen on 01-10-2009 at 09:23 AM

:'(

still w8in :'(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Eddie on 01-10-2009 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by S.Shaheen

You will probably have to wait a whole lot more still, for most countries it will be Sunday before it is released :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 01-10-2009 at 09:42 AM

Would anyone know the time it will be released? It will give everyone the estimation of when to expect the BETA.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Browno on 01-10-2009 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Would anyone know the time it will be released? It will give everyone the estimation of when to expect the BETA.

Today according to Mess.be
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 01-10-2009 at 10:57 AM

I know it will be today. But a specific time of when the BETA will be available today will give an estimation to everyone to when to expect the beta to come out. This will stop repeated questions as to when the beta will be released.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Willz on 01-10-2009 at 11:02 AM

quote:
I know it will be today. But a specific time of when the BETA will be available today will give an estimation to everyone to when to expect the beta to come out. This will stop repeated questions as to when the beta will be released.

I think another 24 hours without Plus won't kill you. Besides we are only making sure that everything runs smoothly for you guys because if it doesn't then we will be getting heaps of threads asking whats up and that is far more annoying than people asking for an ETA :P

So yeah just sit back, go out for the day and before you know it it will be here.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mufaa on 01-10-2009 at 11:12 AM

Nah, i am not desperate. I have loads on my platter that i have to finish. So yea i can wait. I was just responding and suggesting a solution to people asking for the BETA. I understand you guys need time to beta test the software. I know how all that works. Good luck!

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by SmokingCookie on 01-10-2009 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Nah, i am not desperate. I have loads on my platter that i have to finish. So yea i can wait. I was just responding and suggesting a solution to people asking for the BETA. I understand you guys need time to beta test the software. I know how all that works. Good luck!

Or delete posts in which people ask for betas ^o)

BTW, any major changes for the scripting environment?
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by kelly. on 01-10-2009 at 12:21 PM

when it's released how will we know, and where will i be able to download it?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by SmokingCookie on 01-10-2009 at 12:25 PM

The Messenger Plus! Live website & RSS feed will be updated. There is a link to the Download page where you can find the installer ;)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by dakki10 on 01-10-2009 at 01:39 PM

YAY! 

Im looking forward to the update.
  \

Thank you for keeping it up

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by S.Shaheen on 01-10-2009 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:

You will probably have to wait a whole lot more still, for most countries it will be Sunday before it is released :)

:(
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-10-2009 at 02:11 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey man, welcome aboard the Waiters Ship :P! Let's go for a walk and the guys will give us a try of the beta as soon as they're ready :) !
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 04:08 PM

This waiting is intense xD

RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by S.Shaheen on 01-10-2009 at 04:29 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey man, welcome aboard the Waiters Ship :P! Let's go for a walk and the guys will give us a try of the beta as soon as they're ready :) !

hey ! :P looolz :P kk :P
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Eddie on 01-10-2009 at 04:32 PM

Stop flooding the thread guys, it will be released sometime today, probably later on this afternoon, it is nearly here, so be patient :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 04:39 PM

Does anyone know when I can see the release? I live in sweden :)

/bad explained i think x)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by msilv1988 on 01-10-2009 at 04:46 PM

I live in italy....when I can see the new release of messenger plus? this evening or tomorrow?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Fr4sbokz on 01-10-2009 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IA015
Does anyone know when I can see the release? I live in sweden :)

/bad explained i think x)

Like 6 hours or something after Patchou releases it. :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Grimsybaby on 01-10-2009 at 04:52 PM

lol jeez just wait, aking and moaning doesnt get it uploaded ready for download quicker , just gets people annoyed, if i where patchu id make you wait longer, its not like you cant live without you still get some features just haveing the beta installed,

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Grimsybaby
lol jeez just wait, aking and moaning doesnt get it uploaded ready for download quicker , just gets people annoyed, if i where patchu id make you wait longer, its not like you cant live without you still get some features just haveing the beta installed,
The porblem was that I couldn't sign in on msn cos I NEEDED to update the msn to log in x(
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by NanoChromatic on 01-10-2009 at 05:09 PM

Guys stop spamming.
It will be released when patch is done. K?

Question! by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 05:23 PM

So, I live in the Netherlands. When can I see the release of the new msn+? Tomorrow? Today? Or a hour after patchou released it? Can anyone tell me? Thnnxx.

I've been waiting for 3 weeks @ this Messenger Plus version.. I don't know how long exactly but I think 3 weeks ^^.

:D Go patchou!!!

RE: Question! by Robin2130 on 01-10-2009 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ruudzter
So, I live in the Netherlands. When can I see the release of the new Msg+? Tomorrow? Today? Or a hour after patchou released it? Can anyone tell me? Thnnxx.

I've been waiting for 3 weeks @ this Messenger Plus version.. I don't know how long exactly but I think 3 weeks ^^.

Just wait a little but until tonight or tomorrow.
RE: RE: Question! by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 05:30 PM

quote:
quote:
So, I live in the Netherlands. When can I see the release of the new Msg+? Tomorrow? Today? Or a hour after patchou released it? Can anyone tell me? Thnnxx.

Where lives patchou? UK? If he post it on 00:00, then is it in the Netherlands 01:00 :). Ah, tomorrow is even good. I'm happy that there is coming  a Msg+ for msn 9.0 RC1.. :) Love you patchou, haha lol! (l)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by vaccination on 01-10-2009 at 05:34 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Where lives patchou? UK? If he post it on 00:00, then is it in the Netherlands 01:00 :). Ah, tomorrow is even good. I'm happy that there is coming  a Msg+ for msn 9.0 RC1.. :) Love you patchou, haha lol! (l)
Patchou lives in Canada, but it doesn't matter what time he releases it, it'll be available at the same time for everyone.
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Patchou lives in Canada, but it doesn't matter what time he releases it, it'll be available at the same time for everyone.

Yes, but if he release it, it could be night here, so i'm sleeping and I will see it tomorrow.. Could be possible, don't? :)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by vaccination on 01-10-2009 at 05:38 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Yes, but if he release it, it could be night here, so i'm sleeping and I will see it tomorrow.. Could be possible, don't? :)
Obviously, but it's still the same time around the world regardless :P
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by kelly. on 01-10-2009 at 06:28 PM

this new release will be able to see coloured display names, yeah?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 06:31 PM

I really hope so I think you can ;)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-10-2009 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ads88
Will this version work on Windows 7?
Yes it does... :P but will be not support for it... until W7 reach the public...

quote:
Originally posted by kelly.
this new release will be able to see coloured display names, yeah?
Of course... Everything will work!!! :o)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by kelly. on 01-10-2009 at 06:37 PM

(y)
wish it would hurry up and come XD

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by riahc4 on 01-10-2009 at 06:39 PM

Odd it hasnt been released yet....

Should be around 1-2PM in Canada no?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mertmeric on 01-10-2009 at 06:43 PM

i hope this new plus is released soon
yet i wish this new plus had this feature, it is;
assume you have networks like  family, friends, college friends
and you want that guys in family see you available, friends see busy and college friends see away
i wish this new plus had such kind of features
it would be a great breakthrough, wouldnt it?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-10-2009 at 06:48 PM

calm down guys... we are already working to release a bug free version (or almost)...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by kelly. on 01-10-2009 at 06:50 PM

how long you think?
(:

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 06:51 PM

Just calm down, it come when it comes ;)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-10-2009 at 06:52 PM

don't know... you guys just give us a reprieve!!! :P we are working hard...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by I_BLACKHEART_I on 01-10-2009 at 07:02 PM

Take it easy...
I'm sure it will be released, when it's ready to be released...

For the people, which can't wait:
Do something while you're waiting... (a few examples: sleep, game, cook, watch a film or simply go somewhere..)
...and stop spamming this forum....

Thanks

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by :No-Frost: on 01-10-2009 at 07:11 PM

Come on Patchou!!!!!! We want MSG PLUS!!!!! xD...

Just kidding, I don't mind to whait for MSG Plus!... Just take all the time you need ^^...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by vaccination on 01-10-2009 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Don't hit refresh too much for now, the new beta won't be put online before another 10 hours :)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=88...d=944877#pid944877
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by I_BLACKHEART_I on 01-10-2009 at 07:20 PM

10 hours  isn't as long as I thought it will take... :D

And apparently it was a joke...:P so.. perhaps 6 hours?

that whould be cool :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by wiebeltje on 01-10-2009 at 07:28 PM

oh my god this waiting is worse than waiting for christmas morning presents :P i'm checking it every hour :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 01-10-2009 at 07:36 PM

Patchou has said that it's going to be AT LEAST 10 hours longer, so please don't check every hour as it will not only slow down the forums, but it will also infuriate the people who have been asked this question several thousand times over the last few weeks and are now being put under pressure :P

Please just be patient and you will have it soon :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Fenume on 01-10-2009 at 07:37 PM

:D Gosh I feel so sad, I keep checking the site to see if the new Plus is out. I'm so waiting for something as trivial as Messenger Plus. (No offence.;))

Oh well, if it takes another 10h then I need to wait. ^^ It's not like I'm paying to get it, so I don't have the right to ask be faster with the release.

I just dled Live Messeneger 9 today and instantly went to see if there's a working Plus for it. It needs some pimping. <3

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-10-2009 at 08:03 PM

What made you guys wait for weeks can make you wait for a few more hours. :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by drift3r4ever on 01-10-2009 at 08:09 PM

yes true...but when will patchou reales the Msg+

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by drift3r4ever
yes true...but when will patchou reales the Msg+

Nobody knows, for somepeople Today, and for other one tomorrow.. Time differents, so.. It could be, if he post it for his time in de afternoon, could it be here in the netherlands night.. So :p..
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IceCube on 01-10-2009 at 08:21 PM

lol, so its not only me who's waiting and cant stop checkin' it every single minute :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by StrawberrySky on 01-10-2009 at 08:24 PM

Im checking like every couple hours but I guess I do have to wait untill tomorow:(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IceCube
lol, so its not only me who's waiting and cant stop checkin' it every single minute :P
You're not the only one, here is one to ^^.
quote:
Originally posted by StrawberrySky
Im checking like every couple hours but I guess I do have to wait untill tomorow:(
Yes, but better tomorrow then never ;)!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Moh on 01-10-2009 at 08:32 PM

Sunday "Tomorrow" in most countries.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mxv on 01-10-2009 at 08:45 PM

cmon guys .. be patient .. we are all waiting for it :b

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 09:14 PM

damn, i want the Msg+ :P:P.. So long -o long waiting.. :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 01-10-2009 at 09:22 PM

I found some code that'll let people download Plus! as soon as it's completed

PHP code:
sleep(36000000);

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Fr4sbokz on 01-10-2009 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

PHP code:
sleep(36000000);

Haha. xD
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by X-Flies on 01-10-2009 at 09:35 PM

quote:

PHP code:
sleep(36000000);

great tip! It works!:P
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Mnjul on 01-10-2009 at 09:37 PM

Guys: this thread is not for irrevelant spam. We all know there won't be anything new for the next several hours; don't force me to lock the threads :-/

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Guys: this thread is not for irrevelant spam. We all know there won't be anything new for the next several hours; don't force me to lock the threads :-/
Can you lock the thread until its released? I think thats the best.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 09:42 PM

Why? We're just reading the topic, en talking about:'when's plus! gonna be released :)!'

quote:
Originally posted by X-Flies
quote:

PHP code:
sleep(36000000);

great tip! It works!:P

How to use that code??? :P

Sorry for 2 posts..
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-10-2009 at 10:07 PM

I can't wait for it, I'm from the U.S.A so does this mean we ppl who from the U.S.A gets it today.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 10:09 PM

So then we in the netherlands will see it tomorrow :P

What's the time in the USA?

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mattumanutd on 01-10-2009 at 10:11 PM

haha here in malta (europe) i dont have to stay waiting for it and keep refreshing the site :P i can just sleep in peacea nd then just wake up and install it :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 10:24 PM

Netherlands 23:25 PM :).. Patchou hurry! At 01:30 PM i'm going to sleeeeep, so a little bit calculating.. :P And you know how late you must post it for me :$, before I go sleeping :$.. *joke* :) Keep it slow patchou :) with your msgplus!

quote:
Originally posted by .AbbeyDawn5x-
quote:
So then we in the netherlands will see it tomorrow :P

What's the time in the USA?

Here in Detroit, Michigan its 5:14pm

[offtopic]So cool, I want to live in the USA to, but then in New york.. The big apple.. I never been to USA.. So if i'm 22 or something I want to go on my own, to the big apple.. :)[/offtopic]

Back ontopic :P
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 01-10-2009 at 10:27 PM

Guys, cut out the spam

The new version of Plus will be released as soon as it's ready and there will be an announcement on the forums, mostly likely as part of the header on the main page.

So until then please be patient as no amount of posting is going to speed up the release.

If anything it's more likely to slow it down as the moderators and testers are having to deal with this instead of testing the program and ensuring as bug free a release as is possible :P

So please play nicely and you'll get rewarded :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by trenbolon on 01-10-2009 at 10:51 PM

damn, still unreleased ?? :(:(

in germany it is 23:50 (11:50 pm), 10min. until it's sunday.

how is it in canada now ?? saturday ?? morning or evening ?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Guys, cut out the spam

The new version of Plus will be released as soon as it's ready and there will be an announcement on the forums, mostly likely as part of the header on the main page.

So until then please be patient as no amount of posting is going to speed up the release.

If anything it's more likely to slow it down as the moderators and testers are having to deal with this instead of testing the program and ensuring as bug free a release as is possible :P

So please play nicely and you'll get rewarded :)

I want the new version of plus now, I'm waiting for three weeks now.. And it's gonna be annoying, I know it's hard working.. And complaining doesn't speed up the release but.. I want the colours back in my msn name, haha :)..
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by WDZ on 01-10-2009 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Check the "local time" on Patchou's profile: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?uid=10

It's Saturday evening. :p
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by trenbolon on 01-10-2009 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Check the "local time" on Patchou's profile: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?uid=10

oh, thank you my friend ;)

so, i think, patchou will release it in few minutes ??:P

the release time is like my birthday :D
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IA015 on 01-10-2009 at 11:00 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

Same here, its intense now xD
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IA015
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

Same here, its intense now xD

I hope so, I want it now now now.. I'm getting horny of it..

So exciting :$..

Agree, it's just like my birthday.. aaight!
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by drift3r4ever on 01-10-2009 at 11:05 PM

when its done it will be done,dont be boring...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by msnmaddog on 01-10-2009 at 11:11 PM

hi i think u will need to release a new version beacuse it is not compatible on the new windows live. Please release it sonnn cause i love messenger plus

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msnmaddog
hi i think u will need to release a new version beacuse it is not compatible on the new windows live. Please release it sonnn cause i love messenger plus

It's gonna be released saturday, and because the time differents for some people sunday :).. Here it's sunday, 0:13 AM.. so, here in the Netherlands it's gonna be released sunday, but I won't take long.. In canada is it 06:14 PM :).. it's coming soon!
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by janlukaz on 01-10-2009 at 11:14 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

I wouldn't say few minutes, Patchou said something like nothing within 10h, and the server time was like almost 6:00, by now server time might be 11:12? so there's about 5h or more of waiting. Posting won't speed up time. 8-)
RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by janlukaz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

I wouldn't say few minutes, Patchou said something like nothing within 10h, and the server time was like almost 6:00, by now server time might be 11:12? so there's about 5h or more of waiting. Posting won't speed up time. 8-)

So if i wake up in the morning, then is msgplus! available :), in 5 hours you said? Culd be 10h, we will see.. :)
RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by trenbolon on 01-10-2009 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by janlukaz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

buddy, please dont disturb while i'm dreaming...
it makes it more easier to think that patchou will release it in few minutes (Y)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-10-2009 at 11:18 PM

For Detroit, Michigan what time will it be released.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-10-2009 at 11:21 PM

OMFG! I can't undestand why you people are just getting so excited with this :P... you have waited for weeeeeeeeeeks... what's the matter with a few hours more??? go to sleeppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!! and don't overlay the forum with spam :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 01-10-2009 at 11:23 PM

quote:
For Detroit, Michigan what time will it be released.

THE SAME TIME AS EVERYWHERE ELSE... WHENEVER IT IS

Mods: Can we lock this thread and all NEW threads PLEASE?! :p
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by CJT80 on 01-10-2009 at 11:25 PM

Can't wait for the latest release of MsgPlusLive for the WLM2009 client, just decided to register, after years of using MsgPlus and MsgPlusLive...

[font=Trebuchet MS] :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-10-2009 at 11:25 PM

Please no, don't lock the thread, someone might come up with an actual question.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-10-2009 at 11:26 PM

True enough! Guys be patient! Some of us have been using WLM without plus! for weeks and we're still alive. And if we keep this post race we are just harming ourselves and delaying their work. Chill out buddies, it's gonna be here. And we're gonna be alive to see it :P!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ahmetgns on 01-10-2009 at 11:51 PM

IMHO, people want to be the first one who downloads new Plus! and to send their (!VER) tag to show off it to their contacts but they should know that there're already many testers and translators who use it for hours.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by NeSsiKa on 01-10-2009 at 11:53 PM

whats !VER?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-10-2009 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
IMHO, people want to be the first one who downloads new Plus! and to send their (!VER) tag to show off it to their contacts but they should know that there're already many testers and translators who use it for hours.

That isn't fair :P, I want to use it to.. How can I become a translator, or tester, haha :)?

And what is (!VER)?
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-10-2009 at 11:59 PM

quote:
quote:

That isn't fair :P, I want to use it to.. How can I become a translator, or tester, haha :)?

And what is (!VER)?

It sends information about your messenger plus! version to your contact(s) xD
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by psikolaz61 on 01-11-2009 at 12:02 AM

quote:

i have never sent my (!VER) tag to anyone lol!! but after getting the new version i ll try it :) btw greetings to msxlabs ;)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-11-2009 at 12:05 AM

:P you guys need to read the help for a while... many of you actually don't use all the features offers MP!L cause not reading...

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-11-2009 at 12:05 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

And what is (!VER)?

It sends information about your messenger plus! version to your contact(s) xD

Oh okay, thnxx.. But i want it now now nowwww!!

I can't wait, or i can wait, but i'm so excited, the moment i've been waiting for three weeks is coming a head now..
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by psikolaz61 on 01-11-2009 at 12:08 AM

usin msg plus for years but not excited like tonight before :S

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Gonzo68 on 01-11-2009 at 12:10 AM

quote:

Oh okay, thnxx.. But i want it now now nowwww!!

I can't wait, or i can wait, but i'm so excited, the moment i've been waiting for three weeks is coming a head now..

When you get it do like someone else did on another forum concerning Windows 7 and give us detailed installation step minutes by minutes

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-11-2009 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by psikolaz61

precisely because we used to see it often. And it was so sure we had it that we didn't miss it. But now we've been waiting for it a long time. So we notice how much we use it... And start missing it xD! Is normal.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by ratsalad on 01-11-2009 at 12:11 AM

Hehehe, it's like Christmas eve at a childrens home :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by LfcBill on 01-11-2009 at 12:13 AM

It's 00:12 now, still no sign of it :(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warp9pnt9 on 01-11-2009 at 12:19 AM

quote:

If Patchou is in Canada, and estimated release is Saturday evening, and if Patchou is like any tweaker, evening maybe go to 2-3am next day?  ;)  Then you must realize, Canada is a big country with many timezones, at the east is maybe GMT-4, at the west GMT-8.  So it may be Sunday morning or afternoon for Europe, Late Saturday night or very early "morning" after midnight in US/CA/South America, and so on.  And maybe, like many software projects, unexpected delays may push back the time a bit.  So don't slit your wrists over this.  ;)  Just wait a few hours, go in bed, check tomorrow, check again Monday.  :p
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-11-2009 at 12:21 AM

quote:
quote:

precisely because we used to see it often. And it was so sure we had it that we didn't miss it. But now we've been waiting for it a long time. So we notice how much we use it... And start missing it xD! Is normal.
do you think 3 weeks of christmats month is to long??? :P maybe you haven't used any other addon of messenger then!!! jajaja
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ruudzter on 01-11-2009 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warp9pnt9
quote:

If Patchou is in Canada, and estimated release is Saturday evening, and if Patchou is like any tweaker, evening maybe go to 2-3am next day?  ;)  Then you must realize, Canada is a big country with many timezones, at the east is maybe GMT-4, at the west GMT-8.  So it may be Sunday morning or afternoon for Europe, Late Saturday night or very early "morning" after midnight in US/CA/South America, and so on.  And maybe, like many software projects, unexpected delays may push back the time a bit.  So don't slit your wrists over this.  ;)  Just wait a few hours, go in bed, check tomorrow, check again Monday.  :p

In europe is it the morning, I think, but what you say it could be afternoon but I don't think so, it's now 07:22 PM in canada, where patchou lives. So, if it's here 10:00 AM it's in canada 05:00 AM, so i think it will be released for 05:00 AM, don't you think :)?
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Gonzo68 on 01-11-2009 at 12:28 AM

patchou since he moved to canada start watching hockey... There is currently a good game on TV Canadien VS Washington...

He won't released it until game is over or find time between period...

Its currently 0-0 in 1st period with 13 min left

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by froznb on 01-11-2009 at 12:28 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

do you think 3 weeks of christmats month is to long??? :P maybe you haven't used any other addon of messenger then!!! jajaja

I haven't, Indeed xD

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by mattumanutd on 01-11-2009 at 12:32 AM

Spying on Patchou's personal life now aswell ehh...
people, seriously, just relax :) its just an addon haha :)
i already got used to seeing codes rather then colors, i still miss msgpluslive but you're making too much of a fuss!
it will be released by the next day, so relax, its not like theres limited downloads xD

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by boin on 01-11-2009 at 12:33 AM

quote:
True enough! Guys be patient! Some of us have been using WLM without plus! for weeks and we're still alive. And if we keep this post race we are just harming ourselves and delaying their work. Chill out buddies, it's gonna be here. And we're gonna be alive to see it :P!

alive? what r u talking about? i'm dieing right now cuz plus! isnt out ^^
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 01:45 AM

hiii WATS up guys ??? does anyone knows Wat time the new messenger plus gonna be out for the new messenger?? thx a lot  :)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 01-11-2009 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by badboyhady
hiii WATS up guys ??? does anyone knows Wat time the new messenger plus gonna be out for the new messenger?? thx a lot  :)
in 4mins 32secs
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 01:51 AM

really ?!!!!! :|

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 01-11-2009 at 01:52 AM

quote:
really ?!!!!! :|
try reading the thread before posting 8-)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by killyou on 01-11-2009 at 01:54 AM

Stop asking and WAIT!!!!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 01:58 AM

he chill out i am just ASKING :@ ... its was just a question you guys are so mean.. god

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by killyou on 01-11-2009 at 02:01 AM

Read before asking please

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by dis3nchant3d on 01-11-2009 at 02:02 AM

quote:
he chill out i am just ASKING :@ ... its was just a question you guys are so mean.. god

try to understand them..it's all day or more who read the same question
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 02:04 AM

wat ever

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 02:05 AM

Just be quiet, and feel the silence... It's 4:04 here in Greece, but I won't go to sleep until I download MSGPlus!Live... Just stop spamming and wait... Enjoy the silence....

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by trenbolon on 01-11-2009 at 02:06 AM

does msg 4.80 have some new features ?? like other nickname types or stuff like that ?? or is it just the same like 4.7 only for wlm 09 ??

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 02:07 AM

I think the testers won't answer, cause they don't even read this thread any more... :P I wouldn't if I was them...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 02:07 AM

dont ask JUST WAIT ... you will see now

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Mr.Freaky on 01-11-2009 at 02:15 AM

Still Wating ..

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 01-11-2009 at 02:16 AM

quote:
does msg 4.80 have some new features ?? like other nickname types or stuff like that ?? or is it just the same like 4.7 only for wlm 09 ??
nothing new

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Freaky
Still Wating ..
really ? everyone thought u had gone
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Mr.Freaky on 01-11-2009 at 02:21 AM

5:20 AM At My Country And I want to sleep .. but i cant

cuse of 4.80 :p

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 02:22 AM

ROFFL guys we are pathetic... "oh I can't wait" "oh I'm dying for MSGPlus" "oh when I download it I will have sex with it" LOL it's just so funny... Well, I'm going to cook... I'll be back in 30mins... If it is released before i get back, please someone call me... :P

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maxrase on 01-11-2009 at 02:27 AM

quote:
I think the testers won't answer, cause they don't even read this thread any more... :P I wouldn't if I was them...

But we are still here ^^
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Bryan84 on 01-11-2009 at 02:44 AM

I am just waiting for Messenger Plus before upgrading my Live Messenger! :D

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IceCube on 01-11-2009 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan84

You're smart! you won't be able to live if you have no MP!L :P so you did a very smart thing.;)
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Bryan84 on 01-11-2009 at 02:58 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan84

You're smart! you won't be able to live if you have no MP!L :P so you did a very smart thing.;)

Haha yeah not without Tabbed Browsing Conversation! :D It's already SUNDAY here in Singapore =D
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Poska on 01-11-2009 at 03:01 AM

It's 4 A.M in France, we are exhausted :'(

Please Patchou release it :p

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 01-11-2009 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Poska
It's 4 A.M in France, we are exhausted
go to bed then, it'll still be here tomorrow
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Bryan84 on 01-11-2009 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by Poska
It's 4 A.M in France, we are exhausted
go to bed then, it'll still be here tomorrow

Haha sad but true! :D
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 01-11-2009 at 03:08 AM

The more I wait the more i'm convinced its a lie. Much like the cake.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by toddy on 01-11-2009 at 03:09 AM

quote:
The more I wait the more i'm convinced its a lie. Much like the cake.
you'll live either way

i don't even have plus installed at all :tongue:
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-11-2009 at 03:11 AM

this maybe calm dow things a little bit (if you don't know spanish click the link to see that aprox time of the releasing according to Omar):

quote:
Originally posted by Omar@foro.msgpluslive.es

Segun este post....
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou a las 17:55 UTC
It's just a new beta, nothign to be really excited about (except if you plan on updating your skins with it).

Don't hit refresh too much for now, the new beta won't be put online before another 10 hours
Plus! será lanzado a las 4:00am GMT ( Revisen su horario local en esta lista )

ES IMPORTANTE OBSERVAR QUE ESTO NO ES UNA OPERACION MILITAR... ASI QUE A LO MEJOR SE RETRASARA UN POCO (QUIEN SABE QUE TANTO TIEMPO)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 03:15 AM

45 minutes left, according to Omar...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 03:26 AM

So it'll be Tonight (Saturday) at 11:00pm over here in Detroit to be released.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by janlukaz on 01-11-2009 at 03:33 AM

You guys need to understand that not before 10h does not means in 10h. The waiting time left is not 30min, but it`s greater or eaqual to 30min (more likely to be greater)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by dis3nchant3d on 01-11-2009 at 03:38 AM

patchou is online....

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Mr.Freaky on 01-11-2009 at 03:39 AM

Patchou is online right now !!

I think he will relase it now !!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 03:41 AM

quote:

Oh the sun is very bright!!

I think it will burn us alive!!
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 01-11-2009 at 03:43 AM

quote:

Why? Because he is logged into the forum? He could just be telling everyone to wait...

Don't make assumptions

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 03:45 AM

Well if Patchou wanted to upload it now, he would do it via FTP, he wouldn't need to login to the forums to do that.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Mr.Freaky on 01-11-2009 at 03:45 AM

:13:

i said ( think) i didnt say he ( will)

take it easy

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-11-2009 at 03:47 AM

We are working guys... that is why he is online!!!

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 03:49 AM

quote:
:13:

i said ( think) i didnt say he ( will)

take it easy

I KNOW RIGHT every one so cocky and mean god ...wats wrong with you guys
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 03:53 AM

Anything's better than just sit back and wait for the release.... :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-11-2009 at 03:53 AM

many of you guys are the kind of people that register only for this time and get the forum full of spam... and we never see you again... that's kinda sad...

but well do whatever you want... you don't leave us work in peace and you are just making us delay the process...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 04:18 AM

It's 11:17pm and where the heck is it, I can't stand waiting anymore longer :(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 01-11-2009 at 04:22 AM

Like i said. I think its a cake.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 04:22 AM

quote:

haha i know me too
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 04:23 AM

Guys, guys, don't break the silence.... Sit back and hit F5 every 30 secs...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by warmth on 01-11-2009 at 04:27 AM

quote:
then go to sleep or whatever you have to...

quote:
Guys, guys, don't break the silence.... Sit back and hit F5 every 30 secs...
yeahhhhhhh and get the server overloaded!!! weeeeeeeeeeee :P
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 04:28 AM

I'm not tired, so i'm not going to sleep, I just want it NOW :(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 01-11-2009 at 04:32 AM

Me neither. I cant sleep. I'm paranoid

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maxrase on 01-11-2009 at 04:32 AM

Be patient, Patchou works hard in order to build a perfect BETA :D

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by IceCube on 01-11-2009 at 04:34 AM

guys is it BETA ?!!! :O

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 04:36 AM

How much more longer is it gonna take to be released it's suppose to be out today.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 01-11-2009 at 04:37 AM

quote:
guys is it BETA ?!!! :O

It will be the public BETA.
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maxrase on 01-11-2009 at 04:38 AM

It depends. Maybe 30 minutes, maybe more, maybe less. Just wait !!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by badboyhady on 01-11-2009 at 04:39 AM

hahah from an hour and half some one said 30 mins hahaha

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by dis3nchant3d on 01-11-2009 at 04:41 AM

ohh cmon guyysss pleease :'(

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ric on 01-11-2009 at 04:41 AM

jeez people relax a bit, we all want it to be released asap but keep in mind its taking longer cause patchou is trying to make it as less buggy as he can, its already night where he lives too and he's still working on it... and its a free program, he's not even getting paid.
give him and the testers some time, the longer it takes, the better the release will be.

keep up the good work Patchou/testers.

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Bryan84 on 01-11-2009 at 04:41 AM

Maybe another day? :P

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Gonzo68 on 01-11-2009 at 04:42 AM

to fit with the mail patchou sent, its gonna be released at 23h59 and 59sec... so still saturday

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 04:43 AM

^ Whats that suppose to mean

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Gonzo68 on 01-11-2009 at 04:45 AM

quote:

There is still 15 min to go to release it on saturday
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-11-2009 at 04:49 AM

LOL thats funny 1 second before Saturday ends. Maybe Patcheu should include what timezone it is in though :P I mean here its only 10:49pm.

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo68
quote:

There is still 15 min to go to release it on saturday

But here in Detroit it's 11:49pm and it's almost gonna be midnight and start to be the next day Sunday January 11th
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maxrase on 01-11-2009 at 04:53 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.fr/download/changelog/

Not 4.8 but 4.79.353

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Ric on 01-11-2009 at 04:56 AM

testers and Patchou should had kept beta release date secret and just release it when it was rdy, would had avoided this newbies spamming all over lol

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 01-11-2009 at 04:57 AM

we're waiting for 4.80 right?

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by lykos1865 on 01-11-2009 at 04:58 AM

quote:
we're waiting for 4.80 right?

y
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Hinyer on 01-11-2009 at 04:58 AM

Update Plus -.- Know
Please Not More
My Life is Ugly
Plus! I Love
jajajja xD

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by KFrohman on 01-11-2009 at 05:02 AM

I still think it's a lie and I will belive that until P proves otherwise with an update

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by maxrase on 01-11-2009 at 05:07 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.fr/news/2009/01/11/another...r-another-version/

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 01-11-2009 at 05:08 AM

Got it :p

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 05:11 AM

But wait it's suppose to be a public beta of Messenger Plus! Live 4.80 and it's beta 4.79 umm thats not right 8-)

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by MiguelS181 on 01-11-2009 at 05:13 AM

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUU ALL MSGPLUS LIVE! TEAAM LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE U SO FUCKING MUCH FOR GIVING ME COLORSS <3

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by TroX on 01-11-2009 at 05:14 AM

Where is the download for that version i still want the beta version for messenger 14, if works right...

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-11-2009 at 05:14 AM

This is what i got from the Mess.be site

Forced ugprade to Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC urges new Plus! Beta

dwergs says ( 09 Jan 2009 ):
  Microsoft today started forcing users of the first public Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta to upgrade to last month's Release Candidate (v14.0.8050.1202).

Plus! users will find that the add-on is incompatible with this build, but Patchou has let us know he's releasing a public beta of Messenger Plus! Live 4.80 tomorrow that will work with the RC! You can either wait or uninstall your Beta using ZapMessenger and then install Windows Live Messenger 8.5 for use with Plus! 4.70.

The final version of Messenger Plus! Live 4.80 will be released in about two weeks and thanks to Patchou going through a few hoops, it will still support skins!

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Spunky on 01-11-2009 at 05:14 AM

quote:
But wait it's suppose to be a public beta of Messenger Plus! Live 4.80 and it's beta 4.79 umm thats not right 8-)

Another year, another version :-)
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Gonzo68 on 01-11-2009 at 05:15 AM

Check this page and stop complaining its not 4.80.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by dis3nchant3d on 01-11-2009 at 05:16 AM

finallyyyy

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 01-11-2009 at 05:21 AM

It's out: Another year, another version :-)