Shoutbox

Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game (/showthread.php?tid=87864)

Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game by Devil_Spawn on 12-20-2008 at 10:40 AM

This is a feature that has been in a plugin called 'stuffplug' for a long time, however it is very slow to update and has a lot of features that i have no use for - it probably wont update ever for the latest version of msn.

So basically i was wondering if you could ad it to PLUS instead, as then i would have to need for stuffplug.

Its quite a simple concept - if you recieve a message when another application has priority over msn it flashes the LED's of your keyboard(caps,scroll,numlock), then when you open the conversation, they stop flashing. It is extremely useful when msn does not alert you to a message whilst playing a game.

Hope you can add it :)

Thanks

- Devil_Spawn

RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game by MersauX on 12-20-2008 at 10:52 AM

There's a script that does that:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/78-Key-Flasher/

RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game by Link_of_Hyrule on 12-21-2008 at 01:08 AM

Wow I was going to say I don't think thats possible but thats cool I'll have to give it a try when plus is updated to work with RC1 fully.

RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game by Devil_Spawn on 12-21-2008 at 12:47 PM

Hey,
Although that does have the desired affect - a problem with it is that it not only flashes the keyboard lights, it also actually turns them on and off - so i EnD UP TypInG LiKE This

RE: RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game by ryxdp on 12-21-2008 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Devil_Spawn
Hey,
Although that does have the desired affect - a problem with it is that it not only flashes the keyboard lights, it also actually turns them on and off - so i EnD UP TypInG LiKE This

Yep, there's no other way of making them flash, unfortunately :(

When I used that script (not anymore) I had the Num Lock LED flashing instead of Caps Lock; Num Lock doesn't do much unless you're using the keypad a lot.
RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game by mattumanutd on 12-31-2008 at 09:47 AM

Why not stick to Keyflasher, I don't find anything wrong in it, it works fine and you can't really work out something better than that for that purpose. And for not ending TyPiNg lIkE ThIs just flash the scroll lock instead just like I do!