Shoutbox

[?] background colour - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [?] background colour (/showthread.php?tid=87959)

[?] background colour by SmokingCookie on 12-25-2008 at 07:13 PM

Hi there,

A friend of mine has WLM 14.0.5027.908. The background colours and images are defined by the people she chats with, but she wants just 1 colour (probably pink :P ), without having to change the colour manually every time. I don't want to infect my PC with that version of Messenger, so does anyone know how to do this?

RE: [?] background colour by NanaFreak on 12-26-2008 at 05:56 AM

set it with the main contact window of WLM and then make the chat windows "default" and it should be the same colour! i think... i dont have wlm 14... but it works on 8.5 8-)

RE: RE: [?] background colour by ryxdp on 12-26-2008 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
set it with the main contact window of WLM and then make the chat windows "default" and it should be the same colour! i think... i dont have wlm 14... but it works on 8.5 8-)

WLM9 seems to download the contact's current scene and get their contact list's colour. This IMO and probably everyone else's (except MS's :P) is just as annoying as the now more or less removed signature sounds were, for pretty much the same reasons. If you try to override it by choosing your own colour, it stays for a few seconds and goes back to the contact's colour :/

I really hope they get rid of this feature in the final build.
RE: [?] background colour by NanaFreak on 12-26-2008 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak

WLM9 seems to download the contact's current scene and get their contact list's colour. This IMO and probably everyone else's (except MS's :P) is just as annoying as the now more or less removed signature sounds were, for pretty much the same reasons. If you try to override it by choosing your own colour, it stays for a few seconds and goes back to the contact's colour :/

I really hope they get rid of this feature in the final build.
wow that is epic lame... if they keep that in the final version im not using it... ever... well until someone patches that not to work =p
RE: [?] background colour by SmokingCookie on 12-26-2008 at 10:28 AM

Well, I'll pass the message through, thanks :)