Shoutbox

Please Help!!! (program closes with no explanation) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Please Help!!! (program closes with no explanation) (/showthread.php?tid=87984)

Please Help!!! (program closes with no explanation) by penllys on 12-27-2008 at 09:26 PM

I can open Live Messenger and see who is online but when I click on a contact and try to communicate with them the program closes without any explanation!!  Any ideas?

Thanks

RE: Please Help!!! by Robin2130 on 12-28-2008 at 09:18 AM

Which version do you have? 8.5, 9 BETA or 9 RC? (the newest)

RE: Please Help!!! by penllys on 12-28-2008 at 08:00 PM

It's 2008 version and I am using Firefox 3.0.5

thanks P

RE: Please Help!!! by Robin2130 on 12-29-2008 at 08:14 AM

Try to re-install 8.5. You can do that in Control Panel -> Software

RE: Please Help!!! (program closes with no explanation) by penllys on 12-29-2008 at 09:02 PM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 10 times and still keep getting the error.  Not sure if it is MSN Firefox or Internet Explorer!!

RE: RE: Please Help!!! (program closes with no explanation) by ryxdp on 12-29-2008 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by penllys
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 10 times and still keep getting the error.  Not sure if it is MSN Firefox or Internet Explorer!!

It shouldn't be the browser's fault, WLM has nothing to do with IE or Firefox as it does not use the normal HTTP protocol to communicate (I think). It does use Internet Explorer's proxy settings if needed, but this problem looks like something completely unrelated...