Shoutbox

Custom Emoticon Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Custom Emoticon Script (/showthread.php?tid=88008)

Custom Emoticon Script by Terrum on 12-29-2008 at 07:08 PM

Hi,
I'm looking for a script or a way to turn off custom emoticons that people have in their conversations with me. I know there's an option in Windows Live Messenger's Configuration to turn off emoticons completely but the normal emoticons are fine, It's when you have custom emoticons that are bound to complete different keys.

Specifically, If there is a script out there what could disable all custom emoticons, but only enable emoticons that i have saved in my database to be send and received from others. (If someone has the same emoticon and bind as me it will be allowed). Sorry if i'm being too specific, But this is a forum for help and I was just wondering if this was possible (I'm not really a scripting genius, But I did try scripting it myself but failed at some part. I'm pretty sure it is possible to do this though)

I hope you understand what i'm saying,
Thanks for reading and your help.

RE: Custom Emoticon Script by ArkaneArkade on 12-29-2008 at 08:44 PM

Just look in the Messenger options.  I can't speak definitively for your version of messenger, but I'm pretty certain it will have a "Show custom emoticons" option right next to the "Enable options".  MS always include it because, let's face it, some people use dodgy emots and not everyone likes that.  Not to mention kids.

RE: RE: Custom Emoticon Script by Terrum on 12-31-2008 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
Just look in the Messenger options.  I can't speak definitively for your version of messenger, but I'm pretty certain it will have a "Show custom emoticons" option right next to the "Enable options".  MS always include it because, let's face it, some people use dodgy emots and not everyone likes that.  Not to mention kids.

Thanks. That was useful. But is there perhaps a way just to allow custom emoticons that I have (with a script)? Thanks alot again.