Shoutbox

Messenger Plus 8.5 Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus 8.5 Problem (/showthread.php?tid=88011)

Messenger Plus 8.5 Problem by Feign on 12-30-2008 at 04:58 AM

Hey there,

I have just tried installing the latest versin of Messenger Plus onto the Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018.  However, it does not seem to work.  The Plus menu is not there (and not even on the bar where you file, edit, actions etc.) and none of the functions work even though it is installed when I checked in the add/remove programs.

I have tried installing and reinstalling MSN and Messenger Plus and tried both versions of the Messenger Plus present.  But it did not solve the problem.  No, I am not running Smiley or SmileyCentral thingies (checked and double checked, never heard of those things anyways) and I don't think I am running GDP++ or whatever that is.  I don't use skins or install anything else onto my MSN except Messenger Plus.

I run Windows Vista.  It seems that I am not the only one on the forum having this issue but there does not seem to be a solution out there yet (as indicated by the search).

Thanks for your help.

RE: Messenger Plus 8.5 Problem by MeEtc on 12-30-2008 at 05:25 AM

This seems to happen a lot to users who visit IRC. I just tell them to do a clean install, and it usually works.
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!

RE: Messenger Plus 8.5 Problem by Feign on 01-06-2009 at 08:08 AM

I tried that - it didn't work.
Any other suggestions?  It's weird how Messenger Plus was working until the recent update of WLM.  Is it cuz of a problem with the new patch?

RE: Messenger Plus 8.5 Problem by djdannyp on 01-06-2009 at 08:17 AM

Are you talking about the Windows Live Messenger 2009 RC?

If so then Messenger Plus is incompatible with this version.

Read here for further details

Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live