Shoutbox

it wont download - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: it wont download (/showthread.php?tid=88056)

it wont download by keishla on 01-01-2009 at 07:55 PM

[/b][/font][/color][color=black]

ok when i go thurogh everything to finish the download a error pops up saying "LNG_ARABIC.INI" and it tells me to make sure messanger and messanger plus are closed and i do and it still wont let me finish it .it just keeps on poping up and it says to try and restart the computer and i do and still nothing i even turn off the computer and still nothing ...pla help me !!???

RE: it wont download by Chris4 on 01-02-2009 at 07:39 AM

Open up Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), go to Processes tab. If msnmsgr.exe is running, click it then press End Process (Note: Plus! is integrated into Messenger, so there is no seperate process for Plus!).

Now that Messenger is not running, try running the Plus! installer again.

If you still receive an error, screenshot it, paste into paint, crop it, save it, attach to your post.

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-02-2009 at 04:10 PM

chris thanks for the help u gave me but i did what u told me and i ended the process but i still get the same error what should i do now ????

RE: it wont download by djdannyp on 01-02-2009 at 04:52 PM

Please use the search function on the forums as there have been numerous people with this problem in the past

Search Results

click that link to look through the search results and read other threads where people have encountered (and successfully solved) that problem

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-02-2009 at 05:49 PM

ok i read all the other post and still nothing i went to run and checked hc_key user whatever but when i click software theres nothing that says messanger plus so i cant change the LNG_Arabic.ini so i cant change it to default i really want to download messanger plus can any one plz help me

RE: it wont download by Chris4 on 01-02-2009 at 08:45 PM

I don't understand what the error is, which is why I said:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
If you still receive an error, screenshot it, paste into paint, crop it, save it, attach to your post.

Because you've said 3 different errors:
quote:
Originally posted by keishla
ok when i go thurogh everything to finish the download a error pops up saying "LNG_ARABIC.INI" and it tells me to make sure messanger and messanger plus are closed and i do and it still wont let me finish it .it just keeps on poping up and it says to try and restart the computer and i do and still nothing i even turn off the computer and still nothing ...pla help me !!???

So can you please do the above instructions so I can clearly see for myself what the error is, then I'll try my best to help you.
RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-02-2009 at 09:11 PM

here is the error chris its in the attachment

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-02-2009 at 09:16 PM

here it is again in the other one u could not read it right

RE: it wont download by Chris4 on 01-02-2009 at 10:03 PM

Ok, thanks keishla.

Someone posted the same problem here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86957

Try this:

1) Exit Windows Live Messenger
2) Go to Start > Run > Type regedit and press enter.
3) The Registry Editor will open. Navigate to this: HKEY_USERS\[your user number]\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live and find the key named "LanguageFile", right click it > Modify > Change "Lng_Arabic.ini" to "Lng_Default.ini".

See my screenshot attached to the bottom.

You can also try downloading from this alternative mirror: MsgPlusLive-479.exe

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-02-2009 at 10:33 PM

thanks chris and sorry for be a being a bother ....but i did all that and still nothing this is really confusing and hard what should i do now

RE: it wont download by Chris4 on 01-02-2009 at 10:54 PM

Ok, go to Add/Remove Programs.

Remove Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live

Restart your computer.

Download Windows Live Messenger 8.5 from here and Messenger Plus! Live from here.

Note: It's important to download from them exact locations.

Install both of them.

If that's no good, try using CCleaner to delete cache and fix registry keys.

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-02-2009 at 11:04 PM

ok chris i downloaded messnger plus live to my destop and i finally got to download it ....but now the only problem is i want to be able to change my text and all that other good stuff but when i go to text my friends i dont get those 3 new icons u know the ones where u can change the color of the letters and the format ..can u plz help me here

RE: it wont download by Chris4 on 01-03-2009 at 12:13 AM

If you want to add colour, etc. to your name, go to Tools > Options then click the Format Codes button:

[Image: 27851127nl3.png]

If you want to add colour, etc. to your text in conversation, click the Format button:

[Image: 16377514uz8.png]

If the buttons are not there, then we have a problem. If that's the case, do you have any
other add-ons or modifications other than Messenger Plus! Live, such as SweetIM,
SmileyCentral, Mess Patch or A-Patch? They can cause problems and need to be removed.

On Windows Live Messenger main window (where your contacts list is), along the toolbar
where File, Contacts, Actions, etc. are, do you see one saying Plus! like this?:

[Image: 69020072au9.png]

..If you don't, Messenger Plus! has not been installed. If it is there, but you don't have
some of the buttons shown in screenshots above, then unfortunately there's some
technical problems we'll have to try and fix.

You should also check you have the correct versions. Go to Help > About Messenger > You
should have version 8.5.1302 from the download link I gave you. Then go to Plus! > About
Messenger Plus! and make sure you have version 4.70 or 4.79

Hope that helps.

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-04-2009 at 09:53 PM

ok i have those versions  but i still dont see those icons for the text and on my and on my windows live messanger main window i do have one saying plus ...so whats wrong

RE: it wont download by djdannyp on 01-04-2009 at 11:08 PM

Do you have either SweetIM or SmileyCentral installed?

Check your Add/Remove Programs for them as they are known to interfere with Messenger Plus Live

RE: it wont download by keishla on 01-05-2009 at 04:43 PM

no i dont have either of those installed!! what should i do ?? how can u help ???

RE: it wont download by online2eagle on 04-26-2009 at 07:12 PM

but when i want to instal it it says update ur windoz... wht should i do...

RE: it wont download by Spunky on 04-27-2009 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by online2eagle
wht should i do..

quote:
Originally posted by online2eagle
update ur windoz...

^o)