Shoutbox

Live Messenger Public 2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Live Messenger Public 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=88080)

Live Messenger Public 2009 by mickelmass on 01-03-2009 at 02:34 PM

HI all

I am new to all this Messenger Plus and skinning stuff and just wanted to know roughly how long does it take for the downloadable skins for Live Messenger 2009 Public, to become available please? I could use some of them earlier when it was 8.5 (or maybe Beta 2009 as was in hospital so can't quite remember)? Was just wondering thats all? Many thanks in advance for any assistance given and cheers for all the hard work with the brilliant skins (that I have used before).

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by Basilis on 01-03-2009 at 03:12 PM

Skins will probably not be created until Messenger 2009 is final. There are one or two skins for Beta 9.0 but their are not compatible with the RC1 beta. So, expect skins for 9.0 in February. This is not for all the skinners but most have said they will not bother creating skins before 9.0 is final. :)

RE: RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by ryxdp on 01-04-2009 at 01:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Skins will probably not be created until Messenger 2009 is final. There are one or two skins for Beta 9.0 but their are not compatible with the RC1 beta. So, expect skins for 9.0 in February. This is not for all the skinners but most have said they will not bother creating skins before 9.0 is final. :)

Do not forget that we still have no way of properly manipulating the new layout format yet, and the new RLEs are still mostly unconvertible, and so it may be a while longer. I would expect late February to mid March, at best.
RE: RE: RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by Willz on 01-04-2009 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
I would expect late February to mid March, at best.

That's also assuming Patchou comes out of whatever cave hes hiding in. So far there isn't any word on anything being done so yeah. There is also all the new stuff that has to be learnt and all the extra stuff to skin now. Realistically I don't see anything proper being released until at least April if that. I would expect some basic stuff in March maybe, but asides from that you won't see much for a while.
RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by (cashix) on 01-05-2009 at 11:50 PM

i realy think u should get working on tghe skins for 9.0 i just downloaded it

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by NanaFreak on 01-06-2009 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by (cashix)
i realy think u should get working on tghe skins for 9.0 i just downloaded it
do you even read?
RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by stuartbennett on 01-10-2009 at 06:41 PM

well according a post made by willz yesterday on the designs evolved site messenger plus 4.80 was due to be released sometime today, now i havent seen anything as yet but theres still 5 hours and 25 minutes left of today and because i only heard that today was a release date from willz its essentially 2nd hand information and should be classed as rumor and conjecture for now, i am not saying that willz would make something up however just cause it was accurate when willz was told it dont mean its still accurate now as things always change, so its kinda like a game of chinese whispers 1 person tells someone something then its passed from 1 person to the next and by the time it gets back to the person who started the chain the message dont resemble anything close to what was originally said which is why i will only beleive it once i see it.

anyway once 4.80 is released whenever it comes i will be furiously trying hard to update 365 to be compatable with it, itll probably be february though before 365 is released as 9.0 compatable but we shall see.

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by Chris4 on 01-10-2009 at 07:35 PM

Just be patient.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It's just a new beta, nothign to be really excited about (except if you plan on updating your skins with it).

Don't hit refresh too much for now, the new beta won't be put online before another 10 hours :)

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by stuartbennett on 01-11-2009 at 09:33 AM

ok Messenger Plus! Live V4.79.353 is now out, ive extracted the new resources and i have read the updated documention but i am unclear on something, in the extracted files under windows there are 3 directories styles, definitions and UIB now i know i have to modify the first 2 to update skins to be compatable with WLM 9.0 RC1 and final but i am unsure if i am also supposed to reference the UIB files in skininfo somewhere.

i understood from documention that whatever changes you make in the style and definition files get encoded into a single UIB file but whether or not a UIB file has to be referenced in SkinInfo isnt clear.

thanks in advance everyone.

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by .AbbeyDawn5x- on 01-12-2009 at 08:23 PM

Windows Live Messenger 9 (Build 14.0.8050.1202) is now final.

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by robert_dll on 01-12-2009 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i understood from documention that whatever changes you make in the style and definition files get encoded into a single UIB file but whether or not a UIB file has to be referenced in SkinInfo isnt clear.
From documentation:

"For developers of Messenger Plus! skins, it is purely informative and you won't miss anything by skipping it."

RE: Live Messenger Public 2009 by stuartbennett on 01-12-2009 at 09:49 PM

well ive declared some of my existing resgroups as compatable to major 14 minor 0 and some of the elements are starting to pop up as expected, once i have finished rewriting the skininfo file ill then have a better idea of what elements have dirrent numbers in this build and can then redo my uifiles.

so be patient everyone 365 is in developement and will be compatable with the new messenger as soon as i can finish the updated coding.