Shoutbox

Not getting those ".. has added you to his/her contact list." notifications - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Not getting those ".. has added you to his/her contact list." notifications (/showthread.php?tid=88131)

Not getting those ".. has added you to his/her contact list." notifications by Virtual1ty on 01-05-2009 at 08:13 PM

Hi everyone.

I have a issue with Windows Live Messenger (8.5)
with Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.

I'm no longer receiving those "<someone> has added you to his/her contact list" popups from Messenger, but those who add me can still write to me, but I can't see them in my contact list until I add them myself.

Has anyone experienced this themselves? And do they know the solution?
Please don't tell me to upgrade Messenger, since I don't like the look of the new one.

Thanks.

RE: Not getting those ".. has added you to his/her contact list." notifications by blessedguy on 01-06-2009 at 09:07 PM

Yes, I have already. People who I couldn't see the pop-up were in my block list (for some unknown reason).
Try seeing if those people are in the block list.

RE: Not getting those ".. has added you to his/her contact list." notifications by Virtual1ty on 01-08-2009 at 07:19 AM

@ blessedguy:

Nope, that wasn't the problem.
But, if I click the button next to "See, who has added you to their list of contacts", I can see some e-mail addresses, and then add them.
But I can't see who they are before I add them.