Shoutbox

Desktop Contact bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Desktop Contact bug (/showthread.php?tid=88150)

Desktop Contact bug by Th3rmal on 01-06-2009 at 01:07 PM

Lately i have been noticing a bug with the desktop contacts. They arent showing the correct status of the contact, but rather show them as online no matter what their status is.

eg. if they are busy, it will show them as online, or if they came online, then go offline, the desktop contact remains with the online status.

So far i have noticed this with two contacts, but i havent really been looking out for it.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0908
Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342

RE: Desktop Contact bug by vaccination on 01-06-2009 at 01:16 PM

Probably due to WLM not updating their status' correctly and not Plus, very often I find my contact list hasn't updated. So say i'll have a closed group that says there are 5 people online in it, i'll expand and it'll drop to 3 so :P

RE: Desktop Contact bug by Th3rmal on 01-07-2009 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Probably due to WLM not updating their status' correctly and not Plus, very often I find my contact list hasn't updated. So say i'll have a closed group that says there are 5 people online in it, i'll expand and it'll drop to 3 so :P
well in WLM it says that they are offline (and they are), but on the desktop contact it shows they are online :S
RE: Desktop Contact bug by NanaFreak on 01-07-2009 at 01:13 AM

i have also had this problem randomly occur with tabbed chats =\

RE: Desktop Contact bug by Th3rmal on 01-07-2009 at 01:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
i have also had this problem randomly occur with tabbed chats =\
yes, it also happens with tabbed chat, i have just realised.
RE: RE: Desktop Contact bug by djdannyp on 01-07-2009 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Yeah, I get this too, hopefully it'll get sorted for the full release (that's if it hasn't been sorted in the RC already)

There's still the 'Always on top' problem with desktop contacts too.......in that they aren't always on top, which semi defeats the purpose of desktop contacts