Shoutbox

CHMOD in XAMPP? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: CHMOD in XAMPP? (/showthread.php?tid=88151)

CHMOD in XAMPP? by Spunky on 01-06-2009 at 01:46 PM

I need to change permissions on some files, but I'm using XAMPP for local testing. I can CHMOD remote files on a server, but I need to be able to do it locally. Any ideas?

I've read some sites suggesting I need bash or similar

Actually, I also need to run a shell script so help with that would be appreciated

RE: CHMOD in XAMPP? by John Anderton on 01-06-2009 at 01:57 PM

If you're using XAMPP, you're on Windows.. since when can you do CHMOD in windows? :P

EDIT: You might want to have read the Apache Friends Forum :)

RE: CHMOD in XAMPP? by Spunky on 01-06-2009 at 03:26 PM

I never said I wanted to do CHMOD in windows. I said I wanted to set file permissoins :p

The XAMPP server is Apache, so UNIX  based; not windows. Thats why I can CHMOD files on the remote server, because that uses Apache too. Tbh, I think I can try and connect to localhost with an FTP client and perform CHMODs, but I need to set it up for ftp access

RE: CHMOD in XAMPP? by Ezra on 01-06-2009 at 07:03 PM

windows doesn't have chmod permissions so using chmod with your ftp client won't do anything. All the windows permissions you want to set you have to do through explorer. Right click on the file and choose Properties. Click on the Security Settings tab. If it's not there try unsetting Simple Sharing in the folder options.

Apache has nothing to do with chmod really.