Shoutbox

Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday (/showthread.php?tid=88176)

Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Gonzo68 on 01-08-2009 at 03:41 AM

Steve Ballmer has just announced that the final versions of the Wave 3 applications (excluding Movie Maker) will be available on Thursday.

Microsoft released a release candidate of the applications shortly before Christmas. The update on Thursday will be the final versions of the product available for download. More soon.

So Patchou its time to fix Plus! for wlm9

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 05:37 AM

any sources to this information?

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by prashker on 01-08-2009 at 05:38 AM

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/08/windows-...available-thursday

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 05:39 AM

i just saw that myself thanks Sam

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by prashker on 01-08-2009 at 05:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
i just saw that myself thanks Sam
lulz :p

On a related note
quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo68
So Patchou its time to fix Plus! for wlm9
Patchou is still dead, he divided by zero. Maybe if we're lucky the the Division God will Undivide by Zero thus bringing Patchou back to our world. And thus completing our journey to find the new MP!L
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 06:01 AM

since i couldnt get the RC to work/sign-in for me i hope the final works 

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by maxrase on 01-08-2009 at 08:32 AM

Microsoft confirmed that the current build, called Windows Live Messenger RC, is the final build (14.0.8050.1202).

No refresh on february :(

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by maxrase
Microsoft confirmed that the current build, called Windows Live Messenger RC, is the final build (14.0.8050.1202).

an who told you this exactly? i would possibly expect a bug fixed build
RE: RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by maxrase on 01-08-2009 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

A Microsoft spokesman at CES on San Francisco. Confirmed by LiveSide ;)

It could be cool to have a refresh because there are still a lot of bugs to correct :(
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 10:31 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

It could be cool to have a refresh because there are still a lot of bugs to correct :(
well im sure they'll fix the bugs but perhaps keep the same build number? who knows

RE: RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by andrewdodd13 on 01-08-2009 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

well im sure they'll fix the bugs but perhaps keep the same build number? who knows

Build numbers go up when you re-build a product, ie compile it. You can rarely fix a bug in a program without recompiling it, so this seems unlikely to me.
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 10:27 PM

quote:
dwergs says ( 08 Jan 2009 ):

A few confused Messers have notified me of the release of "the final version" of Windows Live Messenger 2009 as hinted by Steve Ballmer at CES, Las Vegas.

However, the build (14.0.8050.1202) that currently comes with the Windows Live Essentials installer is the same as the one from the beta refresh mid-December. Same features, same bugs, so there's no need to update
in other words dont bother using it till 9.5 http://mess.be/
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by vaccination on 01-08-2009 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

Build numbers go up when you re-build a product, ie compile it. You can rarely fix a bug in a program without recompiling it, so this seems unlikely to me.
Err, you can chose whatever build number you like when compiling a program8-)
RE: RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by andrewdodd13 on 01-08-2009 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

Err, you can chose whatever build number you like when compiling a program8-)
Of course you can, but it defeats the purpose of the build numbers.
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Mike on 01-08-2009 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Maybe if we're lucky the the Division God will Undivide by Zero
You can just multiply him by 0 (and get 0! :O)

Back on topic, I wonder how come they release a so buggy version as a final...
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-08-2009 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
You can just multiply him by 0 (and get 0! :O)

i think you'll see lots will stay with 8.5 including myself
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by prashker on 01-08-2009 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Because they found out that fixing bugs takes effort |-)....i'm pretty angry about this. They didn't even fix the Webcam shows fine for contact but is mirrored for you bug ;<
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by warmth on 01-09-2009 at 12:21 AM

they didn't fix anything... this pissed me off :@

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Menthix on 01-09-2009 at 01:12 AM

quote:
They didn't even fix the Webcam shows fine for contact but is mirrored for you bug
Not a bug, pretty common feature in video conferencing software, Because humans are used to watching themselves mirrored.
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by vaccination on 01-09-2009 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
They didn't even fix the Webcam shows fine for contact but is mirrored for you bug
Not a bug, pretty common feature in video conferencing software, Because humans are used to watching themselves mirrored.
That's fine and all, but why not include an option to disable it =/
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by maxrase on 01-09-2009 at 09:40 AM

There will be no more signature sounds, that's a shame :(

Official reason : too much noise, people are scared about sounds they don't know -_-

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by warmth on 01-09-2009 at 01:34 PM

where you got that "official reason" :P???

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Spunky on 01-09-2009 at 02:01 PM

quote:

Most webcams have an optoins panel of some description that let you mirror your image.
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by vaccination on 01-09-2009 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

Most webcams have an optoins panel of some description that let you mirror your image.
Yes, but they don't affect the image you see in the convo window, that's why it's annoying 8-)

----
EDIT: Hahaha spunky =p
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Spunky on 01-09-2009 at 03:03 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

Yes, but they don't affect the image you see in the convo window, that's why it's annoying 8-)

Then we need a clever system of mirrors and pullys! To the harware store!!!
RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by The Alpha Gamer on 01-10-2009 at 08:27 PM

Anyone found a standalone install for the new msn yet?

RE: Windows Live Suite Wave applications available Thursday by Hank on 01-10-2009 at 10:14 PM

look @ http://mess.be/ for those links