Shoutbox

Simple flash thing with buttons and a few frames - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Simple flash thing with buttons and a few frames (/showthread.php?tid=88200)

Simple flash thing with buttons and a few frames by M73A on 01-08-2009 at 11:47 PM

[A]                O
                 __|__
[B]                 |
                     /\
[C]               /   \

When nothing is pressed, frames 1-8 repeat over and over

when A is pressed, frames 9-18 are played, then returns to playing 1-8

when B is pressed, frames 19-28 are played, then returns to playing 1-8

when C is pressed, frames 29-38 are played, then returns to playing 1-8

How do i do this with action script?

if simpler, how do i do this with actionscript where its blank until a button is pressed, ignore the 1-8 thing.

ive been trying to use

code:
on(release) {    this.gotoAndPlay(9);  }

but i can't stop it at the end of the sequence,
i cant get it to goto the begining 8 frame
and i cant get it to just repeat the first 8 frames for a bit whilst not playing the others until told to!

:(

any help is appreciated!
thanks!
RE: Simple flash thing with buttons and a few frames by NanaFreak on 01-09-2009 at 02:19 AM

I will make a quick flash thing for you and upload it... just give me a few minutes and it will be done ;o

edit: quick note... im using flash 8... so hopefully it will work properly for you ;o

ok i have added the attachment with it... its a really rough thing because i did it so quick... only thing you could make to do it better is have the action script for making it go back the the start on another layer so that you dont ahve to copy and paste the last frame in...

and i made movie clip buttons so the action script is on it and that... just have to click the button and you can see the action script in your actions window :)

RE: Simple flash thing with buttons and a few frames by M73A on 01-09-2009 at 07:46 PM

wow!

that works AMAZINGLY

thank you SO much! haha :D

ahh the frame having gotoandplay(1) ... clever:P

i like that A LOT!!!

thank you SO MUCH!

RE: Simple flash thing with buttons and a few frames by NanaFreak on 01-10-2009 at 01:53 AM

np... its easy flash stuff really... just a bit of logic ;o