Shoutbox

WLM9 beta forced update - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: WLM9 beta forced update (/showthread.php?tid=88204)

WLM9 beta forced update by revolusmaster on 01-09-2009 at 12:57 AM

Hi, I've been using the WLM9 beta that is fully compatible with Plus!. However, today when I tried to logon, it refused to until I updated WLM9. Does anyone know how to bypass this?

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Spunky on 01-09-2009 at 12:58 AM

Upgrade to the new one. I have heard downgrading works (to 8.5)

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by revolusmaster on 01-09-2009 at 01:25 AM

yeah, but then i can't use the full Plus!.. i dunno what to do :( I love WLM9, i don't really want to go back to 8.5

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Chris4 on 01-09-2009 at 01:55 AM

I'm using 8.5 at the moment with fully working Plus! ... It's great. :P

It's only temporarily until Plus! is updated. :)

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by MeEtc on 01-09-2009 at 04:37 AM

XVI32 + msnmsgr.exe + version hack = working version of WLM Beta 14.0.5027.908

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 04:51 AM

For some reason, every time I try to download the new update? I get this pop up alert:

"Windows Live messenger beta could not download and verify the update file. Would you like to visit the website?"

I click yes, I try to download, and I get taken to a page that basically tells me to get screwed:

"Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server."

I am also unsure on how to downgrade...

Can anyone offer some help or assistance? Thank you.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 05:40 AM

Ahh...i know this would happen. Stupid MS forcing their updates. I hope MsgPlus gets updated soon. MSN is plain without this add-on!

@Ditto- Get the update from a website. I am sure plenty of sites now host the WML9.

Edit:
Btw...in WLM9...the chat window doesn't flash orange whenever a new message comes in. I have to rely on sound, which is annoying! Please help me here!

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 05:49 AM

Aye, I've tried 3 or 4 so far that actually have it, but it still doesn't seem to be working; maybe I'm just getting ones that all link back to the same place, but yeah.

Fail.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 05:53 AM

Try these?:

http://www.9down.com/down.php?site=2&file=WLM_9_B....14.0.3921.717.rar

http://www.live-share.com/files/344404/WLM_9_Beta....3921.717.rar.html

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by MeEtc on 01-09-2009 at 05:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mufaa
Btw...in WLM9...the chat window doesn't flash orange whenever a new message comes in. I have to rely on sound, which is annoying! Please help me here!
Disable tabbed chats in msgplus, thats the only way to fix it.
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 06:03 AM

Really? Noo!! I love me tabbed chats! Such a smal saver....darn it. This is getting hell annoying.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 06:11 AM

I found that the buttons you can place on the desktop for selected people, still flash when they send you a message... Which is great for me, because I only have two major contacts... not so awesome for people with lots, though.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 06:14 AM

Yea..not very usefull for me. I have only few contacts on the desktop and i don't chat while being on the desktop. So that feature is not really useful for me other than being a shortcut to that user.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 06:15 AM

Set them up so they are "Always on top"...

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 06:20 AM

That would be irritating while surfing the web or using another application. Not ma style!

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 06:22 AM

It's not so bad. I just put them in an out of the way area. But understandable.

quote:
Originally posted by mufaa
Try these?:

http://www.9down.com/down.php?site=2&file=WLM_9_B....14.0.3921.717.rar

http://www.live-share.com/files/344404/WLM_9_Beta....3921.717.rar.html

... I don't have anything to unzip rar files.

>_<
Nevermind. I got a program.

But it won't let me uninstall the Beta, and keeps saying how the version I already have? More upto date than the one I want to install... but because I can't uninstall it?

NO UPDATE BIATCH D<

Evil MSN.

Evil.
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by djdannyp on 01-09-2009 at 06:55 AM

Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).

As for issues downloading it, just try uninstalling any previous versions completely and getting the downloader from here

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by mufaa on 01-09-2009 at 07:00 AM

Yay!! But two weeks! Aww :(...But oh well...i will be optimistic and say that it will release much earlier than 2 weeks. At least the work has started! Good stuff!

RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
As for issues downloading it, just try uninstalling any previous versions completely and getting the downloader from here

... I don't think you read my post above.

It won't LET me uninstall it.

Therefore, I can't install anything else...

Edit That link also tells me it's broken when I try to download, anyway.
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by MersauX on 01-09-2009 at 09:44 AM

Download ResHack, open the msnmsgr.exe file with it, go to Version Info and change the version number, save the changes and voila, the WLM 9 Beta allows you to sign in.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 09:57 AM

... I just searched my whole computer... I don't have the msnmsgr.exe thingy...

RE: RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by djdannyp on 01-09-2009 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ditto
quote:

... I don't think you read my post above.

It won't LET me uninstall it.

Therefore, I can't install anything else...

Edit That link also tells me it's broken when I try to download, anyway.

Try using ZapMessenger to uninstall the Messenger Beta.

And that link I gave you definitely isn't broken as I've used it twice this morning, perhaps there's some wider issue with your internet?
RE: RE: RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 10:36 AM

quote:

Try using ZapMessenger to uninstall the Messenger Beta.

And that link I gave you definitely isn't broken as I've used it twice this morning, perhaps there's some wider issue with your internet?

I'll try that.

Maybe, since I've tried on all my browsers -- FireFox, Chrome, IE and Safarii, and all I get is an error.

Edit -- the official website and any/all that link to it, this is what happens when I try to download:

Screenshot link -- As I said, it happens on ALL of my browsers, not just Chrome.
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by djdannyp on 01-09-2009 at 10:56 AM

Hmm, yes, it does seem that the website is now having problems, possibly due to the sheer volume of people trying to access it and download from it.

Try downloading from the following link, which was updated this morning

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Volv on 01-09-2009 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).

There's an updated public beta coming this Saturday:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'll update the public beta that's currently on msgpluslive.net on Saturday.

RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-09-2009 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Hmm, yes, it does seem that the website is now having problems, possibly due to the sheer volume of people trying to access it and download from it.

Try downloading from the following link, which was updated this morning

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/

"Windows Live

Couldn't set up the installer

Check to be sure you are connected to the internet

Get help with this error

Details:

Error - OnCatalogResults: 0x8104000b

Next Steps: You cannot download Windows Live programs unless you're connected to the internet.

I know my internet connection isn't Hot Shit, but I AM connected, and it's Wireless broadband...
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Marcotonio on 01-09-2009 at 01:04 PM

These obligatory updates are sooo annoying... second time.

WLM 9 was the best version, they shouldn't had to screw it up with 14.x versions.

Thanks to these pretty pretty links, I'll try get my beloved version back.

But... if I use this ZapMessenger to Zap my Messenger, will my emoticons, sounds and stuff get lost?

Thanks. ;P

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by nessa91 on 01-20-2009 at 01:45 AM

I am having the exact same error, first I was unable to even go onto the msn website and download the installer, and now i get the same message saying I am not connected to the internet or whatnot..

if you find a way to download it please tell me

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Spunky on 01-20-2009 at 02:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marcotonio
WLM 9 was the best version, they shouldn't had to screw it up with 14.x versions.

9 & 14 are the same thing. WLM 9 BETA shouldn't have been publicly available so be glad you got to see it while you could, but don't blame anybody because some features got taken out.

The current version is considered as both 9 & 14 because 9.0 was the next expected version although they may have done several major changes in the way things work such as a new protocol, UIB files and new features such as scenes (and for a while sounds). 14.0.8050.1202 is just a more polished version of the earlier BETAS.

I think signature sounds will make a come back when MS can put the whole infrastructure together good enough to match the information they got from the sample uses.
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-23-2009 at 10:33 PM

Still unable to download.

Sooo frustrating!

RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by djdannyp on 01-24-2009 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Still unable to download.

Sooo frustrating!

Try this.  It's a link to the standalone installer for the Windows Live Suite
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Ditto on 01-24-2009 at 12:31 AM

Nope. Didn't even load the page. Says:

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server.

RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by djdannyp on 01-24-2009 at 12:53 AM

quote:
Nope. Didn't even load the page. Says:

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server.

Something is seriously wrong with your computer then, in terms of its ability to access the internet.

I'd suggest re-formatting.....but if you don't want to do that, use that link on another computer and save the file to a USB stick then use it on yours
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Chris4 on 01-24-2009 at 01:16 AM

@Ditto: Clearly something is wrong with your internet connection. Disconnect your router, then connect your computer directly to your modem with an ethernet cable. If everything works, there's a problem with your wireless router. You can reset the wireless router to factory defaults, usually a small button on the back or bottom (read the manual).

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by jaykeknot on 01-24-2009 at 08:27 AM

I have recently been using WLM8.5 with Plus! Live and it worked absolutely fine, then today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up that i have it installed...Its not working, even though i fully installed it.

I have read some threads and done some of the things, but it still wont work.

Please help me? :)

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by Menthix on 01-24-2009 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jaykeknot
today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up
The big blue "download now" button on the download page will give you version 4.70.334, which is the last non-beta version, but this version is not compatible with Live Messenger 2009 yet.

A little below the big blue download button you'll see the text "Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta)". That link will give you version 4.79.0.353 which is compatible with Live Messenger 2009, but still in beta. As long as Patchou thinks the new version is not 100% stable yet it will stay in beta and not replace the main download yet to avoid crashing computers of all users. Having that said, the new version seems to be pretty stable... if you do encounter problems please report them in the bugs forum :).

Make sure you downloaded the correct version :).

RE: RE: WLM9 beta forced update by jaykeknot on 01-24-2009 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by jaykeknot
today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up
The big blue "download now" button on the download page will give you version 4.70.334, which is the last non-beta version, but this version is not compatible with Live Messenger 2009 yet.

A little below the big blue download button you'll see the text "Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta)". That link will give you version 4.79.0.353 which is compatible with Live Messenger 2009, but still in beta. As long as Patchou thinks the new version is not 100% stable yet it will stay in beta and not replace the main download yet to avoid crashing computers of all users. Having that said, the new version seems to be pretty stable... if you do encounter problems please report them in the bugs forum :).

Make sure you downloaded the correct version :).

Yeah i clicked the big blue one at first, then it didnt work so i went back to the page and clicked on the little link that was given, i downloaded, installed, and still nothing :(
RE: WLM9 beta forced update by rmi on 02-01-2009 at 03:58 AM

I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64. As I have used "Messenger" in one of its incarnations continuously for more than a decade, I set out to download the latest WLM.  First, it took more than 24 hours to be able to download. Windows Live kept repeating that I was not connected. In some of my many, many attempts, I already had downloads in progress. By the time WLM installed Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk and Skype were already fully functional.  WLM 2009 functioned for approximately a week. After a reboot, I received the message I could not be signed in because the service was temporarily unavailable. After receiving the same message for nearly 24 hours I sought the online fixes: clear cache, re-register .dll etc.  None have worked.  I cannot uninstall. WLM is not shown on my Add/Delete list. I did not uninstall it. The program still tries to open when I start my computer. I am back to trying repeatedly  to download the program only to be informed that the Windows Live installer could not be set up and that I should check my Internet connection. This is only the latest of my issues  with Windows Live.  I receive regular updates from MS but I never can connect to Windows Live or Live Update.  I had to stop sending photos on Hotmail because the "photo upload" tool would twirl around all afternoon and not load until I had to resort to sending photos of Yahoo Mail or Gmail.  This latest episode is a disaster. "Windows Live" begins to appear an attempt at wry humor, since Windows Live is one of the least live among live sites on the Web.

RE: WLM9 beta forced update by DragonicWolf on 11-11-2009 at 02:55 AM

I have all the EXACT same problems as Ditto and there is nothing wrong with my internet. I only cannot access those pages mentioned in which she could not connect to. How can it be my internets fault when I can go to every other website except those ones?