Shoutbox

[Suggestions] Friend/Contact importer? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestions] Friend/Contact importer? (/showthread.php?tid=88214)

[Suggestions] Friend/Contact importer? by NautilusPort on 01-09-2009 at 12:25 PM

I had this inspiration today.

It's just like some application , or add-on of WLM ?

this is like what it does :

I am using abc@hotmail.com right now.

I have 200 contacts/friends in abc@hotmail.com

but I want to / have to make a new email.

I made def@hotmail.com

but i cant possibly add back the 200 contacts into def@hotmail.com, or call the full 200 contacts to add me back.

so this application comes in,
like importing thisthisthis@hotmail.com's contacts into thatthatthat@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------

sorry if this suggestion is stupid, or very useless or has been suggested before already.

just thinking that this will help :D

RE: [Suggestions] Friend importer? by djdannyp on 01-09-2009 at 12:38 PM

Windows Live Messenger already has the feature to export and import your contact list.

They will all have to accept your new account however (but they will get the usual 'xxx@hotmail.com has added you' prompt)

RE: [Suggestions] Friend/Contact importer? by NautilusPort on 01-09-2009 at 12:39 PM

ouh, didnt know that.

Thank you anyway.

But this wouldnt really solve the problem, it still requires a "Ok" and a "Cancel", but not an automatic replace to the current one?

RE: RE: [Suggestions] Friend/Contact importer? by djdannyp on 01-09-2009 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NautilusPort
ouh, didnt know that.

Thank you anyway.

But this wouldnt really solve the problem, it still requires a "Ok" and a "Cancel", but not an automatic replace to the current one?

It can't happen automatically as it's adding another address to their lists.

This cannot be done without a user agreeing to it, regardless of whether it's replacing an old e-mail address or not
RE: [Suggestions] Friend/Contact importer? by NautilusPort on 01-09-2009 at 01:25 PM

Okay, thanks anyway.

got my queries answered.

;D