Shoutbox

A problem with importing from Windows user to other - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: A problem with importing from Windows user to other (/showthread.php?tid=88258)

A problem with importing from Windows user to other by Eksh on 01-11-2009 at 12:35 AM

Hi all
Ive re-installed my windows,so I have a new user (The old one stll exists),and I when I log in to MSN Messenger (8.1,Same MSN user I used in my old Windows account) All of my avatars and emoticons are gone,and same for binds,sounds etc. Ive tried to copy the Microsoft/MSN Messenger Folder to my new user's folder,but it didnt change anything... So my question is,how can I import all of my avatars,emoticons,sounds,binds etc from a windows user to another?

Thanks in advance!

RE: A problem with importing from Windows user to other by djdannyp on 01-11-2009 at 01:08 AM

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\[e-mail address]\ObjectStore

that is where messenger stores its emoticons

as long as the old folder exists you might be able to copy it into the same place in your new username and have your icons show up

RE: A problem with importing from Windows user to other by Eksh on 01-11-2009 at 02:22 AM

Oh,I went for Application Data and not for Local Settings
Thanks alot!