Shoutbox

Not launching WLM after installation. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Not launching WLM after installation. (/showthread.php?tid=88268)

Not launching WLM after installation. by froznb on 01-11-2009 at 06:37 AM

Greetings guys. I don't know if it was just me but It happened in my 2 computers. Im running Windows XP with Windows Live Messenger 2009. I downloaded the 4.79b beta a while ago and proceeded to install. Plus! closed WLM and installed correctly, but didn't launch WLM again after the installation was finished. I had to launch it manually. I payed no attention when it happened on the first computer, but after happening again on the second system I thought I should post it. I use no other add-ons, in case you need to know.

I've been beta testing WL Products for long time but is my first time with MP!L so I'm sorry if I missed any detail or if it happened only to me.

Keep up the good work!!

RE: Not launching WLM after installation. by Mnjul on 01-11-2009 at 10:20 AM

This is by-design now. WLM is never launched (regardless of whether you're on XP or Vista) at the end of Plus! installation. Since 4.79 beta build 342.

RE: Not launching WLM after installation. by froznb on 01-11-2009 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
This is by-design now. WLM is never launched (regardless of whether you're on XP or Vista) at the end of Plus! installation. Since 4.79 beta build 342.

Awesome then! Thanks for the reply =D!
RE: Not launching WLM after installation. by fibzter22 on 01-11-2009 at 05:51 PM

yes, i had the same problem too, but i didnt pay attention to it because i dont think its importnat...unless it affects something else that i'm yet to discover...

RE: Not launching WLM after installation. by prashker on 01-11-2009 at 06:07 PM

* prashker votes for a /RestartMessengerAndIAcceptThePossibleConsequencesOfAnElevatedTask...parameter :p

RE: Not launching WLM after installation. by andrewpcarey on 01-11-2009 at 08:58 PM

I have that kind of a problem too.....I use Windows XP

RE: RE: Not launching WLM after installation. by djdannyp on 01-11-2009 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewpcarey
I have that kind of a problem too.....I use Windows XP

It isn't a problem

As explained above this is intended behaviour.  As launching it from the install in Vista would cause problems, it has been decided to disable auto-launching after install on all platforms to avoid any confusion.