Shoutbox

Problems in WLM 9 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems in WLM 9 (/showthread.php?tid=88317)

Problems in WLM 9 by The Alpha Gamer on 01-11-2009 at 09:28 PM

Ok so what problems are there with WLM 9?

I've heard people say you can't send files on it or view webcams. but is that only for a few people or everyone?

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by vaccination on 01-11-2009 at 10:04 PM

You most certainly can send files and view webcams.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by Arcadian Dreaming on 01-11-2009 at 10:13 PM

It's slow and bloated. I'll be sticking with 8.5 until it's forced on me, and then I'll just use something else.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by Mike on 01-11-2009 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcadian Dreaming
It's slow and bloated.
Actually, WLM9 is much more optimized than WLM8.5.
Try this: Spam yourself with animated custom emoticons in WLM8.5 and WLM9. You will see that WLM8 will use lots of your CPU's cycles with less emoticons being shown than WLM9.
RE: Problems in WLM 9 by robert_dll on 01-11-2009 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Alpha Gamer
Ok so what problems are there with WLM 9?

I've heard people say you can't send files on it or view webcams. but is that only for a few people or everyone?
I read that happened with wlm9 beta, now it is final (14).

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by lowstates on 01-21-2009 at 06:27 AM

my problems with this version is I hardly to sign in and in other cases is this version will get me keep disconnecting...

very very often...

for me, WLM 9 is sucks....

but, I cant uninstall it although i wish to...So, switch to use ebuddy ^^

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by Dargon on 01-31-2009 at 04:22 AM

Well i don't like how the color dictates the status of the person, i personally liked the old ones where it shows you the body and uses picture sign so you know the status of the person, it even said if the person was away or busy in words (now i have to look for the status in words in the new one instead of simply just looking at the contact list), so i didnt have to try to remember what this color stands for, they should of kept the status picture signs in new one instead of this "you gota remember what this color represents what status" and should have kept the the words visible aswell so it says the person is away or busy instead of guessing the color of it like in the new one.

It's what bugs me the most about new one, it was simple in old one and it showed you and told you everthing on the contact list, not so much in the new one.

Perhaps they should have a option so you can switch to the classic style layout and look if you liked that one, in the options menu.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by MersauX on 01-31-2009 at 10:15 AM

You can turn on the option: Show status information in labels in Tools>Options>Layout and it will show you your contacts' status in words.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by exbox on 01-31-2009 at 02:33 PM

One problem that still exists with this version is that the order in which custom emoticons are added is no kept. My emoticons are jumbled all over the place in the list and the list doesnt seem to be sorted by anything in particular, very annoying :S

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by Dargon on 02-01-2009 at 04:39 AM

Yes, thanks MersauX, your right i re-checked and luckily the option was there

I still hope they somehow bring back the old sign and body for the status as an optional option, but atleast they have status in words available.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by SoleilFleur on 02-01-2009 at 04:58 AM

My biggest problem with my Windows Live Messenger 2009 version 14. is that many of my buddy's display pictures won't show up for me. It's horrid. Some of them use Trillian, so I don't know if that is the case. Still, Microsoft should fix this bug.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by CanadianOriginal on 02-03-2009 at 04:46 AM

I am having problems with custom emoticons. When adding them, any graphics in PNG format come out extremely small when I use the icons in conversations. Other formats seem fine.

Converting the images helps, but some of them are transparency dependent, and converting them messes that up.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by vicarious on 02-03-2009 at 10:15 AM

My webcam is flipped when I see it when i'm videochatting but my contacts see in the way it should be. How do I fix this?

RE: RE: Problems in WLM 9 by davidpolitis on 02-03-2009 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vicarious
My webcam is flipped when I see it when i'm videochatting but my contacts see in the way it should be. How do I fix this?
Try this:
code:
Tools > Audio & video setup... > Next > Select your webcam from the list > Webcam Settings... > Uncheck Image Flip

If you were talking about the mirror effect, read this.
RE: Problems in WLM 9 by Marsodus on 02-06-2009 at 11:12 AM

Hi. I installed 2009 version and there is no contact list. In options under connection -> You are directly connected to .NET Messenger Service.

You are connected to the Internet trough a non-UPnP symmetric NAT. (Administrator)

I don`t even have a router. I have dial up connection.
There is no problem with 2008 (8.5) version. If somebody can help...?
Windows XP SP3.

RE: Problems in WLM 9 by xstick on 02-09-2009 at 05:37 AM

When I swipe my crusor over my contact
there is a box
[Send an Instant Message]
[Send e-mail]
[Enter a moblie Number]
[add to profile]
[view profile]

how May i remove that
??