Shoutbox

Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another (/showthread.php?tid=88321)

Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-11-2009 at 10:11 PM

Same computer and same MSN Messnger user,when Ive ran MSN Messenger with Messenger Plus none of the binds or sounds Ive had in my old Windows user,So I wonder if theres any way to transfer them

Thanks in advance

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by mynetx on 01-11-2009 at 10:18 PM

Did you recently upgrade your Messenger version from 8.5 to 2009? Or did you just install Messenger Plus!?

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-11-2009 at 10:22 PM

Ive reinstalled windows,so I needed to create a new Windows user,however,the old one still exists on my computer

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by mynetx on 01-11-2009 at 10:32 PM

The emoticons are stored in a folder inside your Application Data which depends on your Windows user. It will be hard to restore the emoticons with their shortcuts...

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-11-2009 at 10:33 PM

Ive allready restored the emoticons and avatars,I'm talking about binds and sounds

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-13-2009 at 01:13 AM

Someone? :X

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by pollolibredegrasa on 01-13-2009 at 01:48 AM

You will need to copy the custom sounds from your original Windows installation to your new one, and then run Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer.

Messenger Plus! sounds are saved as .dat files and are stored in the following locations:

Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

Windows XP/2000:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

Windows 98/ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-13-2009 at 02:28 AM

Thanks alot!
What about the binds,is there any way to recover them?

RE: RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by djdannyp on 01-13-2009 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eksh
Thanks alot!

What do you mean by 'binds'?
RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Jimbo on 01-13-2009 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by Eksh
Thanks alot!

What do you mean by 'binds'?
I think he means his quick texts..
RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-13-2009 at 11:46 AM

Yeah,meant quick texts

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by CookieRevised on 01-13-2009 at 12:03 PM

These, just as with all the other settings can be ported to the other account if you export and import them again.

----

Go to the preferences window of Messenger Plus! (Plus! > Preferences & Options).

In the lower left corner you'll see a button called "Import/Export". Click it and choose "Export" to make a file which contains all your Messenger Plus! settings (which can include Quick Texts). Store the file in a place which both Windows accounts have access too. Thus not in the 'My documents' folder as that is account specific.

After that, log in on your other Windows account and do the same procedure. But this time choose "Import" from the drop down menu.

-------------

Also note that you can port the Messenger Plus! custom sounds in the same way. You don't need to manually copy the sounds and then use the Plus! Sound Library Fixer.

In the Sound Library of Plus! (Plus! > Sound Library) you can choose to make a soundpack. This soundpack can then be imported/installed again in your other Windows account.

RE: Importing Binds And Sounds From One Windows user to another by Eksh on 01-13-2009 at 12:48 PM

Thanks alot CookieRevised! Your solution worked great