Shoutbox

New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? (/showthread.php?tid=88357)

New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Bobbyat on 01-12-2009 at 07:41 PM

Hi, i installed the new messenger the other day and found that i could no longer use my webcam in conversations with other contacts. I was also unable to run the audio and video setup. I emailed microsoft and this was the reply i got back

since Windows Live Messenger 2009 is still new, we admit that we are still expecting some glitches and issues with software, which will be addressed promptly by our product team. We are currently investigating a possible issue with the audio/video feature not working in Window Live Messenger 2009 Beta. To isolate the issue and to also serve as a work-around, we recommend that you temporarily downgrade to Windows Live Messenger 2008.

The key words above being beta. Also he advised i uninstall it and install an older version yet uninstall for the programme will not work!

So is it still in beta or not? Because I really want my webcam problems to be fixed!

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Moh on 01-12-2009 at 07:45 PM

What version are u using? If it's 14.0.8050.1202 build then it is final.

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Bobbyat on 01-12-2009 at 07:48 PM

Yep it's the final one. Surely though there shouldn't still be any bugs? I've searched google and i'm not the only person with this problem.

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Chris4 on 01-12-2009 at 08:00 PM

Unfortunately it does appear to be a bug, as the email from Microsoft confirms.

Same problem posted here.

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Bobbyat on 01-12-2009 at 08:03 PM

What confuses me though is why the person responding to my email referred to it as beta even though i got an email from microsoft the other day inviting me to download the programme like it was the final version. How will the bug likely be fixed?

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Dragunov on 01-12-2009 at 08:19 PM

In a next release

*off topic*
Windows Live Photogalery has also a bug, it crashes when I start a slideshow

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by Bobbyat on 01-12-2009 at 08:23 PM

it's so annoying. Stupid bugs. I wouldn't mind if i was actually able to uninstall it but it just refuses to run.

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by djdannyp on 01-12-2009 at 08:25 PM

Try using ZapMessenger to uninstall it

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by leigh on 01-21-2009 at 09:52 PM

To uninstall 2009 beta msn - this woks with vista but I dont know about XP. I couldnt use my webcam after installing the beta version, I uninstalled it an reinstalled the 2008 version and now my webcam works fine.

1. Exit Windows Live Messenger.

2. Click Start, type appwiz.cpl in the Search bar, and then press ENTER.

3. On the Add or Remove Programs window, click on Windows Live Beta or Windows Live Essentials, and then click Uninstall/Change

4. Select Uninstall, click Continue.

5. Under Select the programs you want to uninstall, tick the checkbox on all programs (Messenger, Mail, Photo Gallery, Toolbar, Writer), click Continue.

Here are the steps to download old version of Windows Live Messenger version 2008:

1. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer and then visit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...4ef&DisplayLang=en

2. Click Download button.

3. Follow the Messenger installation wizard to completely install Windows Live Messenger.

RE: New Windows Live Messenger - Still in Beta? by toddy on 01-21-2009 at 10:09 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=88619