Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts (/showthread.php?tid=88382)

[Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts by Th3rmal on 01-13-2009 at 09:51 AM

Topic says it all.

I believe it would be a nice addition to change the default Plus! toasts to the same type as the new WLM 9.0 toasts.

I know that alot of people use 8.5 still, which is why i suggest that when Plus! installs, it checks to see which version of messenger is installed, and changes the directory of the toast images accordingly.

Opinions?

RE: [Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts by Chris4 on 01-13-2009 at 12:02 PM

I'm pretty sure they're like that on purpose, so you know which is which. ;)

And copying the WLM toast is, well.. copying.. or stealing in a sense, which isn't good.

It's better with its own toast and design, don't you think? :)

Nevermind, you wasn't saying have them exactly the same, just change the design to fit with WLM2009. I need to read more carefully ;).

RE: [Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts by blessedguy on 01-13-2009 at 12:11 PM

They were like that to be 8.5-like =)
Makes sense a new toast design... but skins can do that =P Just don't know if they can change trasparency of the toast...

RE: [Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts by Th3rmal on 01-13-2009 at 12:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy

Makes sense a new toast design... but skins can do that =P Just don't know if they can change trasparency of the toast...
I dont think transparency is that important, just that the overall look of the new toasts fit in nicely with the new WLM
RE: [Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts by blessedguy on 01-13-2009 at 12:43 PM

I'll try t include that on my next skin =P

RE: [Suggestion] Change Plus! toasts to look like WLM 9.0 toasts by Shiny Rabbit on 01-16-2009 at 05:47 PM

I think the Plus interface needs a bit of a facelift, not a huge one, just to change the windows background to WLM9 style and the toasts have a fade+scroll effect like the native ones