Shoutbox

Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads (/showthread.php?tid=88397)

Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by jason_wrangler on 01-13-2009 at 05:29 PM

Hello. I am new to Messenger Plus! but am extremely excited about the possibilities.  I installed the latest "beta" version of Plus! to work with WLM 2009 on XP sp3. 

Is there a way to remove ads from the WLM contacts window and from the chat window?  Do skins provide this option?  I got the Plus! Patch from mynetx and it can remove ads but doesn't really change the appearance of messenger.

I tried to search the forum but it does not permit searches with less than four letters, e.g., "ads". Thus, the new thread. 

I would appreciate any help added to this thread to share advice/suggestions for skins that work well with WLM 2009 on XP and are capable of removing/disabling the annoying advertisements in WLM.  Thank you.8-|

RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by blessedguy on 01-13-2009 at 05:39 PM

We can't remove/hide them...
maybe this skin with this .reg file can help you **forgetting** them .

(and if you had read search instructions first, you would have discovered that you could search for "ads", with the quotes)

RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by janlukaz on 01-13-2009 at 09:21 PM

Oh but we can, google around a tool called A-Patch. It's more magical than it seems. Though you have to do this quick, because I'm not sure if it's allowed to point this kind of program (that modifies what wasn't meant to be modified.) Yes it wasn't meant to be modified, WLM is only free because it has ads, so either this post will be deleted soon, or it'll be edited by mods.

RE: RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by djdannyp on 01-13-2009 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by janlukaz
Oh but we can, google around a tool called A-Patch. It's more magical than it seems. Though you have to do this quick, because I'm not sure if it's allowed to point this kind of program (that modifies what wasn't meant to be modified.) Yes it wasn't meant to be modified, WLM is only free because it has ads, so either this post will be deleted soon, or it'll be edited by mods.

A-Patch isn't yet compatible with WLM 2009, so it won't work.  Currently the only method is via skinning
RE: RE: RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by janlukaz on 01-13-2009 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
A-Patch isn't yet compatible with WLM 2009, so it won't work.  Currently the only method is via skinning

No, of course it is compatible, I'm using it troublelessly along with MsgPlus!...
Well, I cant really say that Im using it, Ive used it to patch WLM9 (14.0.8050.1202) and it was a success.

PS.: Read the agreements you make before installing messenger, dont use A-Patch.
RE: RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by Shiny Rabbit on 01-14-2009 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by janlukaz

It would be hypocritical of the mods here to delete a thread about patching WLM when Plus! itself has the potential to do pretty much anything a patch can

a-patch supports WLM 9 but it's only a lite version as of yet because removing buttons isn't possible yet AFAIK

http://apatch.org/
RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 04:01 PM

Not about patching, about advertising removal =)

RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by Basilis on 01-14-2009 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
a-patch supports WLM 9 but it's only a lite version as of yet because removing buttons isn't possible yet AFAIK

http://apatch.org/
Actually, removing buttons is possible. There are already two skins that remove buttons from the new Messenger 2009. :)

RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Is there a way to remove ads from the WLM contacts window and from the chat window?  Do skins provide this option?  I got the Plus! Patch from mynetx and it can remove ads but doesn't really change the appearance of messenger.

Nothing has changed THAT much... buttons can still be removed or iconized =)
RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by aNILEator on 01-14-2009 at 04:22 PM

I found real trouble removing elements in latest beta/wlm I'm taking a look at your code blessed guy, seeing wtf I'm doing wrong, been out the loop a while you forget 80% of it

RE: Plus! & WLM 2009 on XP - remove ads by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I found real trouble removing elements in latest beta/wlm I'm taking a look at your code blessed guy, seeing wtf I'm doing wrong, been out the loop a while you forget 80% of it
My code doesn't hide buttons =)
Guena's does