Shoutbox

Help Please!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help Please!!! (/showthread.php?tid=88416)

Help Please!!! by JackBlack2233 on 01-14-2009 at 01:00 AM

I am using Windows Live Messenger version 8.5 and all of a sudden its gone wacky. Trying to type a question mark gives me an "E" with an apostrophe over top it, same with the quotation marks key, and the two bracket keys above that types a "^" and a "c" but with a little line coming out the bottom.

Does anyone know whats wrong? I've checked the font and its still on times new roman, with western script. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Help Please!!! by NanaFreak on 01-14-2009 at 01:09 AM

I think this might help... try pressing Ctrl + Shift

you may have accidentally hit it... i often do that at school where we have multiple languages about to be used on the computers

hope this helps!

RE: Help Please!!! by JackBlack2233 on 01-14-2009 at 02:06 AM

Haha you are bang on sir, thanks for the speedy fix!

RE: Help Please!!! by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 02:26 AM

A lil offtopic, but I couldn't resist =P
FYI:
ç: called cedilha [ok, but read only those character in bold SAy DEE LIAr], it means you should pronnouce the /s/ phonem.
^: is a graphical indicator, that means you should pronnouce the syllabe with it stronger, on a lower tone. called circunflex mark.
´: (to the right) same as the circunflex mark, but means you should use a higher tone. called acute mark.
`: (to the left)indicates crasiation. means two identical words are together, like in "àquela", wich is really "a aquela". Doesn't change nothing, only shows it. called "thick" mark.

so, please don't call "ç" a "c with tail" neither call ´and `apostrophes =X

(looks like you activated ABNT keyboard layout...)

RE: Help Please!!! by Lou on 01-14-2009 at 02:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
A lil offtopic, but I couldn't resist =P
FYI:
ç: called cedilha [ok, but read only those character in bold SAy DEE LIAr], it means you should pronnouce the /s/ phonem.
^: is a graphical indicator, that means you should pronnouce the syllabe with it stronger, on a lower tone. called circunflex mark.
´: (to the right) same as the circunflex mark, but means you should use a higher tone. called acute mark.
`: (to the left)indicates crasiation. means two identical words are together, like in "àquela", wich is really "a aquela". Doesn't change nothing, only shows it. called "thick" mark.

so, please don't call "ç" a "c with tail" neither call ´and `apostrophes =X

(looks like you activated ABNT keyboard layout...)
Actually, looks like the french keyboard layout was activated :P.