Shoutbox

Change Display Name in main window? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Change Display Name in main window? (/showthread.php?tid=88423)

Change Display Name in main window? by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-14-2009 at 09:26 AM

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it when I did a search anyways what I want to do is be able to edit my Display Name directly from the main contact window without going to the options just like you can do with the Personal Message. I know before a long time ago I was able to do this with plus or something else but I don't remeber what. Anyways if someone has the answer would be appreciated :P btw I'm using the latest version of WLM 9 with plus and it works great

RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Moh on 01-14-2009 at 09:40 AM

DP as in display pic? or display name as mentioned in the question?.. Anyway, Open a convo with anyone. Type /name Display name that you want. (e.g) /name Moh

RE: Change Display Name in main window? by ryxdp on 01-14-2009 at 10:16 AM

StuffPlug allows you to change your display name straight from the contact list window (up to 8.5), but as Stuffplug has not yet been updated to support the new interface format in messenger 9 it is more or less impossible for now.

RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-14-2009 at 02:35 PM

I wish someone could write a script or a skin for plus to do it thanks for replying guys I fixed my first post I didn't mean to confuse you. it was a typo. :(

RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Shiny Rabbit on 01-14-2009 at 04:03 PM

I heard Stuffplug is pretty much dead

clicky

so I dunno, maybe a feature for Patchou to consider?

RE: Change Display Name in main window? by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Link_of_Hyrule
I wish someone could write a script or a skin for plus to do it thanks for replying guys I fixed my first post I didn't mean to confuse you. it was a typo. :(
Maybe a script. Skins can't do that =)
RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-14-2009 at 06:40 PM

Yeh maybe I was reading the stuff plug guy use to do stuff for plus and he wanted to again maybe he can help integrate all the features not all ready in plus now into it. If someone else can some how enable this feature a different way that would be great.

RE: Change Display Name in main window? by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Yeh maybe I was reading the stuff plug guy use to do stuff for plus and he wanted to again maybe he can help integrate all the features not all ready in plus now into it. If someone else can some how enable this feature a different way that would be great.
In fact, I took a time to see if there was a cmdid to change name... and there is =P
I'll try to see if your request is possible =)
RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-15-2009 at 04:51 PM

oh cool thanks :P

RE: RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Shiny Rabbit on 01-15-2009 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
In fact, I took a time to see if there was a cmdid to change name... and there is =P
I'll try to see if your request is possible =)

:O SWEET:D

can you see if the feature to make the window icon of a chat reflect a contact's status is possible as well? those are the two SP features I can't live without
RE: RE: RE: Change Display Name in main window? by pollolibredegrasa on 01-15-2009 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit

can you see if the feature to make the window icon of a chat reflect a contact's status is possible as well? those are the two SP features I can't live without

This can be done with a script, such as this one by Veggie. The download link in that thread is down but I'm sure i have a copy somewhere that I could PM you...
RE: RE: RE: RE: Change Display Name in main window? by Shiny Rabbit on 01-16-2009 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pollolibredegrasa
quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit

This can be done with a script, such as this one by Veggie. The download link in that thread is down but I'm sure i have a copy somewhere that I could PM you...

sweet, can you PM it to me? and is it WLM9 compatible?