Shoutbox

What is Your Phone Codes? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What is Your Phone Codes? (/showthread.php?tid=88424)

What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-14-2009 at 10:28 AM

Hello,

We are creating Messenger Bot! Live Application for Windows Live Messenger and we provide SMS Notification for our users. (Like: "jjj@sss.com want to talk with you...." If you go away from computer MessBot send this message to you.)

So, We add several PhoneCodes for sending SMS but we do not know what is other Country's code.

For Example:

In Turkey "Avea and Vodafone"  supported operators. So, Avea and Vodefone provide this codes "506, 505, 555, 556 etc..."

[Country Code] [Operator Code] [Phone Digits]

Example: +90 506 1234567

If you provide your operator code, l will add this to our program. And users select "Operator Code" from list and enter their numbers. (O course users must be select their country for operator code)

Thank you.

Example SS:
here

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Vilkku on 01-14-2009 at 01:50 PM

Be aware that not all countries have similar phone numbering systems. For example in Finland we just have the country code followed by the phone number without the leading number in the phone number. Wouldn't it just be easier if the user would be able to type in the area code himself?

RE: RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-14-2009 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Be aware that not all countries have similar phone numbering systems. For example in Finland we just have the country code followed by the phone number without the leading number in the phone number. Wouldn't it just be easier if the user would be able to type in the area code himself?

We will remove all select functions. All users allowed to write their phone numbers.

Thank you for your warning.
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by haydos on 01-14-2009 at 06:57 PM

Australia:

Phone number: 04xx xxx xxx
With country code: +614x xxx xxx

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Stigmata on 01-14-2009 at 07:07 PM

Uk

+44

RE: RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-14-2009 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydos
Australia:

Phone number: 04xx xxx xxx
With country code: +614x xxx xxx

Thank you. Australia added.

(Fully Supported countries: Turkey, Australia, USA, Finland, England and Japan.)
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Menthix on 01-14-2009 at 07:22 PM

Netherlands:
Country Code: +31
All mobile phone numbers start with: (0)6
After that there are 8 digits for the number.

Operators own ranges within those 8 digits, but I don't know if there is a full list of them, they probably change all the time too. What if a new phone providers comes along or anything else changes, besides the fact it's almost impossible to keep up to date about these changes worldwide, you don't really want to be updating your app every time.

I'd stick just with a dropdown for couties (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_calling_codes) and let the user type the rest.

RE: RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-14-2009 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Netherlands:
Country Code: +31
All mobile phone numbers start with: (0)6
After that there are 8 digits for the number.

Operators own ranges within those 8 digits, but I don't know if there is a full list of them, they probably change all the time too. What if a new phone providers comes along or anything else changes, besides the fact it's almost impossible to keep up to date about these changes worldwide, you don't really want to be updating your app every time.

I'd stick just with a dropdown for couties (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_calling_codes) and let the user type the rest.

Nice. :o) Thank you for your advice too. ;)(Y)

I will add combobox for country codes. This is most flexible way for app. Because we will block some countries :D
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by roflmao456 on 01-14-2009 at 09:42 PM

i think Canada: +1xxx xxx xxxx

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by prashker on 01-14-2009 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
Along with the United States :p
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Curtis on 01-15-2009 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
I have to add 1 for any place with another area code in Canada and USA.  Not sure about other countries.
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by prashker on 01-15-2009 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
I have to add 1 for any place with another area code in Canada and USA.  Not sure about other countries.
You mean everyone does, that's just how you do it for a long distance call :p
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Adeptus on 01-15-2009 at 06:25 AM

U.S. and Canada share the same number format and international dialing code (+1).  For international dialing purposes, they can be regarded as one country.  I am not sure what is the historical reason behind that.

The number format is 3 digit area code, 3 digit exchange code, 4 digit number.  E.g. +1 (404) 555-1234.  The area codes (404 in the above example) correspond to U.S. states, Canadian provinces and large metropolitan areas, so that roughly tells you where the number is calling to. 

Exchange codes (555 in the example) used to narrow it down further many years ago, but today, at least in the U.S., all numbers are portable and the exchange code means nothing.  As long as it is within the same area code, I can move to the other side of the town, switch to a different phone company or mobile carrier and keep my number.   The original assignments of exchange codes were specific to areas for land lines and carriers for mobile phones, but there are no restrictions to keep it that way anymore and it's been thoroughly mixed up. There is no simple way to tell whether a number is mobile or a land line, or what carrier the number actually belongs to.

As a side note, unlike many countries where the caller pays it all and there is a different rate depending on the type of the line called, in US and Canada both the caller and the recipient pay for the call, according to whatever rate plan they each have.  Typically this is unlimited for a flat monthly fee for land lines, certain number of included minutes for mobile, with per-minute charges for overages.  Thus, there is no reason for callers to be concerned with whether the number is mobile or a land line.

P.S. I am sure this information has been compiled on many websites, particularly those selling long distance calling cards.  You may want to :google: for some.

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by RaPLeX on 01-17-2009 at 11:42 PM

90 0554 add that im avea user :P :E

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by joey on 01-17-2009 at 11:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

+44

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-19-2009 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
90 0554 add that im avea user :P :E

Avea için tamam Turkcell için Nayiirrr. Herfiler SMS mi satiyor Sirketin ihalesini mi veriyor belli degil.

(OK for Avea, No for turkcell. Turkcell very expensive. We do not agree with them.)
RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by RaPLeX on 01-24-2009 at 12:39 AM

E oyle avea baska turlu kafa tutamaz zaten ne vodafone ne avea Turkcell ile cekisebilir.

(i agree at this point,but Turkcell is the best provider atm..)

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-24-2009 at 06:59 AM

aynen. Avea ile kayseri adana ya da adana ankara arasi bi mesaj gonderilemiyor dogru düzgün.... Turkcell bu yonden süper. Ama Turkcell de birsey kotu kontorunu hemen yiyor :P

(bla bla bla. Not important. Shortly; Yes.)

RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by ShawnZ on 01-24-2009 at 07:04 AM

selam

RE: RE: What is Your Phone Codes? by Wii on 01-24-2009 at 07:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
selam

Sanada selam :o)

(Hi)