Shoutbox

Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: (/showthread.php?tid=88442)

Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by vaccination on 01-14-2009 at 08:11 PM

Many people are posting about Tabbed chats not working, I thought it would be best to make a thread to list the problems and give information on each, and add any fixes that become available.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alt + tab/Win + tab(Flip3d)

What: Windows Vista and 7 have features which display images of the applications being used, unfortunately due to how Messenger Plus! (Live) adds Tabbed chats, these features do not work.

[Image: alttably2.png]

[Image: wintabrq2.png]

Why: This is because MP! makes the conversation window invisible, this means there is no thumbnail for Windows to display.

Affects: 4.8 and lower versions of MP!

Fix: Fixed in 4.82, along with better Win7 integration.

Taskbar Thumbnails

What: Windows Vista and Windows 7 both have the ability to display thumbnails of applications above the taskbar, however due to the same incompatibility as above, these don't work.

[Image: taskbarprevom3.png]

Why: This is because MP! makes the conversation window invisible, this means there is no thumbnail for Windows to display.

Affects: 4.8 and lower versions of MP! to date, on Windows Vista and 7.

Fix: Fixed in 4.82, along with better Win7 integration.

Menu Bar Issues in WLM9

What: Messenger Plus! Live tabs are hidden by the menu bar in Windows Live Messenger 2009.

[Image: tabsmenujd1.png]

Why: This is because the Tabs are currently drawn under the menubar.

Affects: MP!L Version 4.79.0.353 on WLM 2009

Fix: Fixed in MP!L Version 4.80+

No Tabbed Chats on RTL versions.

What: Tabbed Chats options disabled/greyed out on Right-To-Left versions - Such as Arabic or Hebrew.

[Image: tabbedchaterrordp2.png]

Why: This is due to the RTL versions being programmed differently and as such Tabbed chats do not work.

Affects: All MP! versions to date.

Fix: No fix expected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you have anything to add, or there are any mistakes, feel free to PM me.

Also, would it be possible for a someone to stick this? Thanks.

RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by Mike on 02-24-2009 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
What: Windows XP, Vista and 7 have features which display images of the applications being used
No, Windows XP doesn't (unless you use an Alt-Tab replacement) :P

quote:
What: Messenger Plus! Live tabs are hidden by the menu bar in Windows Live Messenger 2009.
Fixed in the 4.80.
RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by vaccination on 02-24-2009 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike

quote:
Fixed in the 4.80.

quote:

Fix: Will be fixed in MP!L Version 4.80.

Yeah I'm not sure why I put XP, guess i just assumed all at+tab things.
RE: RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by djdannyp on 02-24-2009 at 04:23 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

quote:
Fixed in the 4.80.

quote:

Fix: Will be fixed in MP!L Version 4.80.

i think his point is that 4.80 is out now so you should change the initial post otherwise people will get confused and think that it's still happening, when in reality it isn't.....that bit can just be removed...basically the only things now are no previews and no tabs in RTL
RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by vaccination on 02-24-2009 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

i think his point is that 4.80 is out now so you should change the initial post otherwise people will get confused and think that it's still happening, when in reality it isn't.....that bit can just be removed...basically the only things now are no previews and no tabs in RTL

No, because if someone on an older version has this problem, then comes to look for an answer, it wouldn't be there, then they'd post a thread and be told to upgrade to 4.80, defeating the entire purpose of this thread.
RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by djdannyp on 02-24-2009 at 07:07 PM

Even so, the post should be changed to read 'Fixed in 4.80' rather than 'Will be fixed...', as it has already been fixed, leaving it as 'will be fixed' might lead people to think that 4.80 isn't out yet

RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by ellaroseox on 05-26-2009 at 10:49 AM

Hey, can someone help please. I tried to read your comments. But I'm a bit confused :S
Ive made a new msn account. But using the same programe. Windows Live Messanger. And I think ive got plus aswell..
And on my old msn. under one window i could acess all my convosations. under little tabs.
but now on my new msn. all my conosations appear under different windows.

like this.

can someone please help me get it back to what it was like on my old account?

RE: RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by Moh on 05-26-2009 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ellaroseox
Hey, can someone help please. I tried to read your comments. But I'm a bit confused :S
Ive made a new msn account. But using the same programe. Windows Live Messanger. And I think ive got plus aswell..
And on my old msn. under one window i could acess all my convosations. under little tabs.
but now on my new msn. all my conosations appear under different windows.

like this.

can someone please help me get it back to what it was like on my old account?
Do you have tabbed chats enabled? Plus!> Preferences & Options> Conversations> Tabbed Chats> Tick Enable Tabbed Chatting.
RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by ellaroseox on 06-14-2009 at 04:48 PM

Aah yay :) Thank you :)

RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by R3nzokuk3n on 08-20-2009 at 04:20 AM

I have the same problem with tabbed chats and i install the last version 4.82 and this work well for a while..... but the next time i open WLM the problem appears again.

What can i do ? =S

I have Win7 Build 7600

RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by starlight74 on 09-23-2009 at 10:38 PM

I dont know what is happening but i use to be able to use tabbed chat, but now everytime i open 2 chat windows to talk to my friends it just flashes really quick and i can't type to anyone at all i have to untick it and i hate having separate chat windows please help it was working fine about 2 months ago. and also my messenger keeps saying not responding after i have spoke to a friend it getting annoying :@ please help me with any information u can the system i am using is windows vista it was like I said working fine up untill about 2 months ago

RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by vaccination on 09-24-2009 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by starlight74
I dont know what is happening but i use to be able to use tabbed chat, but now everytime i open 2 chat windows to talk to my friends it just flashes really quick and i can't type to anyone at all i have to untick it and i hate having separate chat windows please help it was working fine about 2 months ago. and also my messenger keeps saying not responding after i have spoke to a friend it getting annoying :@ please help me with any information u can the system i am using is windows vista it was like I said working fine up untill about 2 months ago
Have you installed any add-ons [such as SweetIM, SmilyCentral etc..] to Windows Live Messenger recently? There are many programs which can cause conflict with the way Messenger Plus! Live works with Windows Live Messenger.
RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by LittleB on 11-01-2009 at 12:32 AM

Hello everyone!
I just downloaded my MsgPlus! tried to make a tabbed chat and by somehow it looks like this http://i37.tinypic.com/2z5pxms.jpg and I don't know how to get rid the selected box :'x
I am really sorry if there is any thread where someone had explained this, but i can't really get rid of it! :x

many thanks in advance .

RE: Need help with tabbed chats? Read this: by djdannyp on 11-01-2009 at 02:33 AM

The box you have highlighted is just the window preview feature on windows 7 :S