Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch (/showthread.php?tid=88464)

Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-15-2009 at 01:54 PM

Hello,

The Messenger Functions button  (next to Mail button) disappears when I install A-Patch.

A lot of users are having this problem.

# Sorry for my english! #

See here (translate with Google!): http://www.msghelp.it/showthread.php?tid=1153

Bye :D

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by Moh on 01-15-2009 at 01:58 PM

Yes A-patch results in some issues with Plus! Most people are aware of it. So, you can choose between A-patch or Plus! at the main time because I dont think it'll be fixed and if it would it'll take time.

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-15-2009 at 03:33 PM

:(:(:(:(

Then, how can I remove the ads-bar at the bottom of the window?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by djdannyp on 01-15-2009 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FSoft
:(:(:(:(

Then, how can I remove the ads-bar at the bottom of the window?

At present the only way to do this is via the skinning engine in Messenger Plus! Live
RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by MeEtc on 01-15-2009 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

At present the only way to do this is via the skinning engine in Messenger Plus! Live
And even if both A-Patch and Messenger Plus worked together, as soon as you applied a skin the ads would return unless the skin has options to remove said ads.
It DOES work for me. by andyo on 01-16-2009 at 09:47 AM

I'm using this on several computers Vista 32, Win7 x64, XP... and it does work with A-Patch. You lose the big icon, but you still have the menu. All functions are still available.

Actually in only one Vista x64 installation (already wiped) I somehow managed to lose the Plus! menu item. I don't know if A-Patch had something to do with it, but it hasn't happened in any of the other PCs. I couldn't do anything to get the Plus! menu to appear. Tried reinstalling everything (NOT using A-Patch these times), erasing all registry entries and still, after reinstalling the Plus! menu wouldn't appear. Weird.

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-16-2009 at 01:28 PM

But why doesn't Patchou implement in Messenger Plus! an option to remove the ads?

# Sorry for english #

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by Mnjul on 01-16-2009 at 01:47 PM

quote:
But why doesn't Patchou implement in Messenger Plus! an option to remove the ads?

# Sorry for english #
Plus! had had the option to hide the advertisements until three years ago, but ...
quote:
Change log of Messenger Plus! 3.50.124
* The "Hide Advertisement Banner" that was in the program since Messenger Plus! 1.00 has been removed from MSN Messenger 7. From now on, it will only be available for MSN Messenger versions 6.2 and below. Several reasons are pushing me to remove this option, including the fact that I do not want to go against the new business model Microsoft has implemented in Messenger 7. I hope some of you won't take it too badly, I will not changed my mind so please, do not write me about it. Thank you for understanding.

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-16-2009 at 06:18 PM

Then, is there a way to remove the banner? (maybe with a registry key)

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by andyo on 01-17-2009 at 03:40 AM

Again, isn't the Plus! menu showing for you? The button doesn't show, but the menu does. It's not even a minor annoyance for me. I never used the button anyway, and the menu has more options. You can't pull out the event viewer from the button.

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by robert_dll on 01-17-2009 at 04:24 AM

quote:
Then, is there a way to remove the banner? (maybe with a registry key)
Only if you use a skin that supports that change.
RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by :No-Frost: on 01-18-2009 at 10:44 PM

Mmm just a question, is there a way to add that option to an existing skin... if not, how can someone make a "skin" that not do anything more than allow to remove the banner???

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by blessedguy on 01-18-2009 at 11:53 PM

There are already... most of them include reg files with them, so if you acess the skin's folder, you'll see it =)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by djdannyp on 01-19-2009 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
Mmm just a question, is there a way to add that option to an existing skin... if not, how can someone make a "skin" that not do anything more than allow to remove the banner???

To do this you'd most likely have to create it yourself, as certainly a skin like this would not be allowed in the database.

It's a relatively simple piece of coding if you read the skinning documentary and find the relevant places in the resource files
RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by Surfsp33 on 01-20-2009 at 03:48 PM

Hello,

Sorry for my english, i'm a French user.

I've post on A-patch forum the troubleshooting.

Wait & See :D

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by janlukaz on 01-21-2009 at 01:47 PM

Well, I'm using A-Patch and Plus! and I'm OK with not having that button, I don't use any skin and all other Plus! features work perfectly so it's all wonderful here.

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-21-2009 at 02:34 PM

quote:

To do this you'd most likely have to create it yourself, as certainly a skin like this would not be allowed in the database.

Why?

The ads-bar on MSN is illegal because in nothing place of the MSN's web site there are references to ADS...
RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by djdannyp on 01-21-2009 at 02:50 PM

quote:
quote:

Why?

The ads-bar on MSN is illegal because in nothing place of the MSN's web site there are references to ADS...

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=tou&mkt=en-gb

Please read that

quote:
How You May Not Use the Service.
In using the service, you may not:

engage in, facilitate or further unlawful conduct;
use the service in a way that harms us or our advertisers, affiliates, resellers, distributors and/or vendors, or any customer of ours or our advertisers, affiliates, resellers, distributors and/or vendors;

Therefore removing the adverts is against the terms of useage of Windows Live Messenger and Plus! has long since decided not to offer this option and as such it will not allow any skins on the database which offer the option.

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-21-2009 at 05:16 PM

I don't know all english words unfortunately...
Then I'm searched the verb "harm" onto a dictionary.
Here is the meaning: Damage or injury - physical, mental, or moral impairment or deterioration.

Removing the ads, I don't damage anyone!!! The advertiser don't miss if I remove the ads.

Even if you have right, also Messenger Plus! is aganist the terms!

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by djdannyp on 01-21-2009 at 05:22 PM

quote:
I don't know all english words unfortunately...
Then I'm searched the verb "harm" onto a dictionary.
Here is the meaning: Damage or injury - physical, mental, or moral impairment or deterioration.

Removing the ads, I don't damage anyone!!! The advertiser don't miss if I remove the ads.

Even if you have right, also Messenger Plus! is aganist the terms!

Messenger Plus! isn't against the terms of use for Messenger, please get your facts straight.

Removing the adverts does cause harm to their adversiting partners as it removes their source of income.

You can argue literary semantics all you like but the facts remain that removing the adverts is against the terms of use of Messenger and no skins which do it will be allowed onto the Skins database on this website.
RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by Patchou on 01-21-2009 at 06:06 PM

Messenger Plus! 4.80 Final will be fully compatible with A-Patch.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-25-2009 at 08:13 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why?

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=tou&mkt=en-gb

Please read that

quote:
How You May Not Use the Service.
In using the service, you may not:

engage in, facilitate or further unlawful conduct;
use the service in a way that harms us or our advertisers, affiliates, resellers, distributors and/or vendors, or any customer of ours or our advertisers, affiliates, resellers, distributors and/or vendors;

Therefore removing the adverts is against the terms of useage of Windows Live Messenger and Plus! has long since decided not to offer this option and as such it will not allow any skins on the database which offer the option.

You are english, so I suppose that you use the english version of MSN 2009. I'm using the italian version of MSN 2009 and in its guide there is not reference to ads.

LOOK HERE (use a translator): http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=tou&mkt=it-it

Then, in the english version removing the ads is against the terms, but in italian one it's legal!
RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by djdannyp on 01-25-2009 at 10:43 AM

quote:
•recare danno a Microsoft o ai suoi inserzionisti, consociate, rivenditori, distributori e/o fornitori o ai clienti di Microsoft o di tali inserzionisti, consociate, rivenditori, distributori e/o fornitori

translates as

quote:
• harm to Microsoft or its advertisers, affiliates, resellers, distributors and / or suppliers or customers to Microsoft or to those advertisers, affiliates, resellers, distributors and / or suppliers

So it's almost word for word the same paragraph as exists in the English version.

The only versions to which this won't apply is any localised versions which do not feature adverts (i think there used to be some in the past, but whether or not they still exist is another question)

So once again I re-iterate, removing the adverts is against the terms of use of Windows Live Messenger, whatever the language
RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by FSoft on 01-27-2009 at 01:38 PM

OK, you are right.

Don't take it as an offence...it was only curiosity...

I will wait Plus 4.8, so I can remove the ads with A-Patch.

Thanks and bye!

RE: Messenger Plus! INCOMPATIBLE WITH A-Patch by freshhh on 05-20-2012 at 07:19 PM

Current Messenger Plus! 5.11.0.760 does not work together with A-Patch [ A-Patch143b18.exe ] and

Windows Live Messenger 2011 (15.4.3538.0513) (Seven x64)

Error: it does not load, it was working fine with the second last previous Messenger Plus! Build 5.x

Could you please fix it ASAP?

Thanks!

Best,

F.