Shoutbox

[UPDATED] Vista United Skin 4.10 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [UPDATED] Vista United Skin 4.10 (/showthread.php?tid=88472)

[UPDATED] Vista United Skin 4.10 by TheSourcE on 01-15-2009 at 06:52 PM

Vista United Skin v. 4.10 is now for download.
This version includes new skinned windows and a Dutch translation for the Dutch users.

Screenshot:
[Image: Vista-United-Skin_small.jpg]

You can download it here:
http://www.msgpluslive.nl/skins/view/103-Vista-United-Skin/

-----
Do you have problems, feedback or other things?
You can contact me at: support-thesource@hotmail.com or post here below.

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by James Potter on 01-15-2009 at 07:05 PM

Erm? This is not such a convincing skin. Honestly, you should start using some creativity and come up with your own creations (images) instead of using ones, already made by Microsoft, as the background of the entire Messenger interface.

P.S. The text looks horrible when it is black in colour and on such a background, you are better off using white as an alternative.

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by robert_dll on 01-15-2009 at 07:08 PM

He said it's still in development, he started changing backgrounds like almost everybody do, and read the skin name, it is supposed to use Vista graphics.

RE: RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by Robin2130 on 01-15-2009 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Acc2pmWDZ
Erm? This is not such a convincing skin. Honestly, you should start using some creativity and come up with your own creations (images) instead of using ones, already made by Microsoft, as the background of the entire Messenger interface.

P.S. The text looks horrible when it is black in colour and on such a background, you are better off using white as an alternative.

Eehm, this skin is based on Windows Vista... so i don't see the problem.

Looks very great though :)
RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by James Potter on 01-15-2009 at 09:09 PM

Willz's Vista Live Messenger and Windows Aero Messenger did not use original Vista graphics, they used similarly-looking ones made by Willz for that purpose.

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by Basilis on 01-15-2009 at 09:26 PM

Willz has excellent Photoshop skills and skins for about 3 or 2 years. He cannot be compared with anyone of us.

RE: RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by Guena on 01-15-2009 at 10:52 PM

quote:

Acc2pmWDZ, we are all waiting for your own Skin to see what you can do.
RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by blessedguy on 01-15-2009 at 10:54 PM

In fact:

quote:
Quem desdenha, quer comprar
In English:
quote:
Who turns back, want to buy

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by James Potter on 01-16-2009 at 04:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guena
quote:

Acc2pmWDZ, we are all waiting for your own Skin to see what you can do.
Haa haa. You will be waiting for too long, because I do not develop skins. ;) -- I just give feedback, be it positive or negative.

Sidenote: I don't see any modifications done to the UI except for the addition of the Vista background. =O
RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by Squillace on 01-16-2009 at 10:15 AM

I completely agree with Acc2pmWDZ. I think there is a lot of things we can do and stuff (graphics) we can use to make a beautiful and original Vista skin. This one only looks (more or less) like dozens of other Vista's skins. Nothing new...

This is not about having Photoshop skills or not, even using someone else's backgrounds we can do great work. I have no doubt that Eminem1992 have done a good job, but try to be more creative.

;)

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by blessedguy on 01-16-2009 at 02:10 PM

Squillace and Acc2pmWDZ, he has done heavy changes to UI.
Take it easy, its only the beggining.

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by robert_dll on 01-16-2009 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eminem1992
Vista United Skin v. 4.00 is in development.
@Acc2pmWDZ: did you read this? *-)

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by valeria-elfo on 01-16-2009 at 11:43 PM

hello!!

Eminem1992 i love your vista skin...:D

Acc2pmWDZ what's creative?

i think that .... creating a skin is always creative...

bye

RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by Willz on 01-17-2009 at 12:46 AM

I've always liked the idea of making my own graphics, the first proper MSN Messenger skin I made was AeroMSN which was meant to be based off vista. I made that skin when I was still new to graphics and everything.

Looking back on it now the graphics I did were pretty bad and only partially resembled vistas ones :P But the skin still did well, people didn't seem to mind. The point is don't be scared to try and make your own resources even if you don't think you have the skill. You have to start somewhere.

I really wish all the vista skin makers wouldn't resort to just throwing in some random vista wallpaper in and calling it a skin, there is very little creativity involved in that. Especially now with scenes.

Nothing personal against the skin makers that do this, that is just the way I feel.

RE: RE: [Coming Soon/Update] Vista United Skin 4.00 by valeria-elfo on 01-17-2009 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
I've always liked the idea of making my own graphics, the first proper MSN Messenger skin I made was AeroMSN which was meant to be based off vista. I made that skin when I was still new to graphics and everything.

Looking back on it now the graphics I did were pretty bad and only partially resembled vistas ones :P But the skin still did well, people didn't seem to mind. The point is don't be scared to try and make your own resources even if you don't think you have the skill. You have to start somewhere.

I really wish all the vista skin makers wouldn't resort to just throwing in some random vista wallpaper in and calling it a skin, there is very little creativity involved in that. Especially now with scenes.

Nothing personal against the skin makers that do this, that is just the way I feel.

yes you are very creative...maybe for this you are the number 1
of the skinners...but a lot of people speak only for a feedback...

ciao/bye
RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by TheSourcE on 01-20-2009 at 07:11 PM

Vista United Skin v. 4.00 Beta is released. ;)

Download it here

RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by Basilis on 01-20-2009 at 08:24 PM

Testing it now! :) Looks good so far.

RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by James Potter on 01-20-2009 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
quote:
Vista United Skin v. 4.00 is in development.
@Acc2pmWDZ: did you read this? *-)
Indeed I did read that. However, it still did not show much of what I expected it to show.
quote:
Originally posted by Willz

Willz expresses my point pretty much clearly, and I personally don't have anything against Eminem1992, I believe he's done a hard work just trying to learn. I like the fact that he is trying, but his approach of throwing out a background and naming it a Vista skin is not the right way to go. Good luck with further improvements/updates. :)
RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by Andylongi on 01-20-2009 at 10:46 PM

why there is no white frame around this screenshot on the contactlist?

RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by blessedguy on 01-20-2009 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
why there is no white frame around this screenshot on the contactlist?
because there's no white frame at all =)
RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by Andylongi on 01-21-2009 at 12:19 AM

thats how it looks for me

RE: RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by TheSourcE on 01-21-2009 at 07:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
thats how it looks for me

On my computer the stroke is blue.
RE: [Release] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by blessedguy on 01-21-2009 at 03:49 PM

That white frame is aero without glass ;p

RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by SnakeCRO on 02-05-2009 at 12:40 PM

Nice skin,but at least you could have give us the option 2 remove something annoying in the bottom.You know what i mean.If anyone knows how to remove it, please contact me.

RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by TheSourcE on 02-05-2009 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeCRO
Nice skin,but at least you could have give us the option 2 remove something annoying in the bottom.You know what i mean.If anyone knows how to remove it, please contact me.

Well i am busy with version 4.10 Final and i will add new options on the skin. Also that "something annoying in the bottom".
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by SnakeCRO on 02-05-2009 at 07:41 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeCRO

Well i am busy with version 4.10 Final and i will add new options on the skin. Also that "something annoying in the bottom".

:D cant wait for 4.10.Thanks for the reply.
RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by msn-fun-de on 02-10-2009 at 09:24 AM

Hi erstmal beautiful skin, but the skin is cut off the top of the window does not look so doll from.
That would just need to change the lack of style and add Def.

But what is the top super Skinauswahl without login.(Y)

RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by wilhelm on 02-19-2009 at 11:59 AM

I have a quite anoying thing laying in the background of my ultimate skin. it looks like a windows logo.

[Image: Namnls-1.jpg]

I have marked it with a red circle. just wondering what it is and why it is there? what i have seen it look like that with several other skin, but only with dark ones.

RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by coolzee on 02-19-2009 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wilhelm
I have a quite anoying thing laying in the background of my ultimate skin. it looks like a windows logo.

I have marked it with a red circle. just wondering what it is and why it is there? what i have seen it look like that with several other skin, but only with dark ones.

That windows logo is part of the contact list background. ;) Why it looks like that? because its stretch...so if you want it to look perfect..maximize the window.

Just asking the creator to Photoshop that background , remove the windows logo and replace it.

:)
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by TheSourcE on 02-19-2009 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
quote:

That windows logo is part of the contact list background. ;) Why it looks like that? because its stretch...so if you want it to look perfect..maximize the window.

Just asking the creator to Photoshop that background , remove the windows logo and replace it.

I'm currently busy with the next not-beta version of Vista United Skin.
I will add a new Ultimate background without text. :)
RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by wilhelm on 02-19-2009 at 04:13 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm currently busy with the next not-beta version of Vista United Skin.
I will add a new Ultimate background without text. :)

it would be great! :D, and thx for a good looking skin :)
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by insider on 02-19-2009 at 04:30 PM

quote:

can solve the logo. simply delete the logo so image. and create a new image( logo). with the logo in the same location as before. but with a transparent background. and. do the image " as I did on my skin ".

which is split vertically.   
do not place the logo in the middle   
Remember that image is going to divide.   

with these codes

<Picture Id="59147">
<File>Images/logo.png</File>
<Metadata>                                    <UMLeft>500</UMLeft>
<UMTop>0</UMTop>                                    <UMRight>500</UMRight>                                    <UMBottom>0</UMBottom>                                    <Colorize>false</Colorize>
</Metadata>
</Picture>

so that it uses. two images for the same background.

do. the  image "logo". less wide but just as long. than the other.

edit: ejjeje good. I think there is  other way. Like the id 1472.

<Element Layout=FillLayout() borderthickness=Rect(0,0,0,0)   Layoutpos=bottom  padding=Rect(0,0,20,130)>
<Element    Width=xxxrp Height=xxrp Background=rcbkd("msgr",xxxxx)/>
</Element>

:D

I had not the noticed. :D

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by wilhelm on 02-20-2009 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by insider
quote:

can solve the logo. simply delete the logo so image. and create a new image( logo). with the logo in the same location as before. but with a transparent background. and. do the image " as I did on my skin ".

which is split vertically.   
do not place the logo in the middle   
Remember that image is going to divide.   

with these codes

<Picture Id="59147">
<File>Images/logo.png</File>
<Metadata>                                    <UMLeft>500</UMLeft>
<UMTop>0</UMTop>                                    <UMRight>500</UMRight>                                    <UMBottom>0</UMBottom>                                    <Colorize>false</Colorize>
</Metadata>
</Picture>

so that it uses. two images for the same background.

do. the  image "logo". less wide but just as long. than the other.

edit: ejjeje good. I think there is  other way. Like the id 1472.

<Element Layout=FillLayout() borderthickness=Rect(0,0,0,0)   Layoutpos=bottom  padding=Rect(0,0,20,130)>
<Element    Width=xxxrp Height=xxrp Background=rcbkd("msgr",xxxxx)/>
</Element>

:D

I had not the noticed. :D

Well im not so good in programme, dont even know where i should paste that code :S. I think it would look better without a loggo. But i havent seen how it looks like with your code either
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by insider on 02-20-2009 at 05:48 PM

quote:

Well im not so good in programme, dont even know where i should paste that code :S. I think it would look better without a loggo. But i havent seen how it looks like with your code either

I refer to this. http://cid-a159567574ca9961.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1     
download muestra

tries distort the logo. good, I did  fast, and this somewhat distorted.:P
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by wilhelm on 02-25-2009 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by insider
quote:

I refer to this. http://cid-a159567574ca9961.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1     
download muestra

tries distort the logo. good, I did  fast, and this somewhat distorted.:P

thx it looks alot better, but still its still quite annoying. cant read or see anything else where the logo is than just the logo. I'm more interested to see all the ppl in my list than that logo. sry. Anyway thank you
RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by Andylongi on 02-25-2009 at 11:28 PM

Please put in the Option where everyone for deleting the scene for me it looks really horrible with them.

RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by blessedguy on 03-13-2009 at 11:27 PM

Allard, I think you might want to take a look at this...
[Image: redhanded.png]

RE: [Released] Vista United Skin 4.00 Beta by the eNeME on 03-27-2009 at 07:32 PM

There needs to be a background for the chat box. It is nearly impossible to read text as it is now. A background for the contacts list would be nice as well.

All-in-all, an awesome theme.

RE: [UPDATED] Vista United Skin 4.10 by TheSourcE on 07-01-2009 at 10:51 AM

Version 4.10 is now available: http://www.msgpluslive.nl/skins/view/103-Vista-United-Skin/ :).