Shoutbox

Plus 479b menu not showing after update. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Plus 479b menu not showing after update. (/showthread.php?tid=88503)

Plus 479b menu not showing after update. by andyo on 01-17-2009 at 07:43 AM

I would like to expand on this seeming bug I have come across with 479b.

quote:
Actually in only one Vista x64 installation (already wiped) I somehow managed to lose the Plus! menu item. I don't know if A-Patch had something to do with it, but it hasn't happened in any of the other PCs. I couldn't do anything to get the Plus! menu to appear. Tried reinstalling everything (NOT using A-Patch these times), erasing all registry entries and still, after reinstalling the Plus! menu wouldn't appear. Weird.
So it happened again, in another PC, this time Vista 32. I think I can reproduce it, just installing/updating WLM to 2009, having installed the previous version of Plus. After WLM2009 installation, of course the previous Plus! won't work, but it will still be installed. I installed the new 479b, and it showed only the button, but not the Plus! menu item. I think my mistake was not to uninstall the previous Plus! version before I updated it.

But the real problem is that now no matter what I do (as indicated in the quoted text) I can't seem to bring back the Plus! menu. No uninstalls/reinstalls/registry wiping work. Anyone knows what I can do? I'm thinking it must be a simple registry tweak, to get the menu to show, but I'm in the dark here. By the way, I never installed A-Patch in this Vista 32 computer, just in case.

Thanks. If this is an actual bug, hopefully this helps to get it sorted out in the final 4.80 release.
RE: Plus 479b menu not showing after update. by Moh on 01-25-2009 at 03:45 PM

Did you use that link? http://mirror1.msgpluslive.net/MsgPlusLive-479b.exe