Shoutbox

Obtaining email address from recieved message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Obtaining email address from recieved message (/showthread.php?tid=88567)

Obtaining email address from recieved message by ArkaneArkade on 01-19-2009 at 04:10 PM

Hey all,
hoping someone can help me.  I've not slept too well and I'm going insane trying to figure this out.
I'm trying to get a contact object when they send me a message, so that I can obtain things like DP, email etc.  I found out that I already had it scripted entirely wrong, as I was just trying to use Origin.Email.
I've started using an enumerator, and comparing Origin to e.item().Name, but this method isn't working, because of nicknames.  Can anyone suggest another way to do it?
Cheers

RE: Obtaining email address from recieved message by Spunky on 01-19-2009 at 04:16 PM

If you're using Xniff already, it should be possible that way

RE: RE: Obtaining email address from recieved message by ArkaneArkade on 01-19-2009 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
If you're using Xniff already, it should be possible that way
Lol, is that all I mean to you Spunky?

Unfortunately, not this time - it's an Xniff free script.  Thanks to MS I was able to work without it, so my scripts would work for more people.
RE: Obtaining email address from recieved message by Spunky on 01-19-2009 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
Lol, is that all I mean to you Spunky?

Nah, but would have been a lot easier probably. :p

If you enumerate all the contacts on the list and compare e.item().Name to Origin, they should match despite nicknames shouldn't they? (Or is it that the contact list "NAME" does not get replaced by "NICKNAME" but "ORIGIN" does?
RE: Obtaining email address from recieved message by ArkaneArkade on 01-19-2009 at 04:41 PM

Thats it exactly.

From the Scripting Doc
Contact::Name = "This property returns the name of the contact as published by the contact. It does not return the eventual nickname associated with the contact."

The vent on the other hand does take the nickname, so it takes the method out :(