Shoutbox

Messenger Flashy Gif images - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Messenger Flashy Gif images (/showthread.php?tid=88652)

Messenger Flashy Gif images by grim596 on 01-23-2009 at 12:34 PM

I don't know how to script

There... I said it

But... wouldn't it be great if someone could make and distribute a script, so that when a gif image shortcut is conjoined with a word... the shortcut is cancelled, therefore no flashy Gif image/whatever else there is... comes up where it is not supposed to be

Just a thought... tell me if it can't be done

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by matty on 01-23-2009 at 01:45 PM

If it made more sense I could tell you if it could or couldn't be done.

RE: RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by ArkaneArkade on 01-23-2009 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
If it made more sense I could tell you if it could or couldn't be done.

I think he means custom emoticions.  So that whenever someone sends you one which is a big, ugly, flashy gif, it will instead be cancelled and just the word shown, but otherwise will show normal emots.

grim: I don't know if that will be possible for a script, but I'm no genius.  If not, best bet may just be to disable custom emoticons in the messenger settings.
RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by James Potter on 01-23-2009 at 04:02 PM

A script can be made to identify certain words (can be managed through a file, or an arrrey list) then instead of displaying the emoticon, it would display text. I have seen a script that did this before. IIRC.

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by matty on 01-23-2009 at 04:52 PM

The limitation in doing this is when you use the OnEvent_ChatWndRecieveMessage the parameter of the message cannot be larger than what was originally there. Therefore you if you alter the message

code:
3x3y3x
For it to be
code:
xxxyyyxxx
it would display
code:
xxxyyy

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by James Potter on 01-23-2009 at 06:36 PM

Can it not display the same text that was originally used for the custom emoticon? I guess it could.

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by Jesus on 01-23-2009 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Acc2pmWDZ
Can it not display the same text that was originally used for the custom emoticon? I guess it could.
Probably not, as the text is interpreted and converted to emoticons after the scripts have handled it IIRC. So it would be converted to an emoticon anyway.

What could be done though, is either removing the emoticon code completely or replacing e.g. the first or last character, or both, with another character. Unless your contact has another emoticon for the newly generated text, this would remove the emoticons.
RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by grim596 on 01-24-2009 at 01:06 PM

Thankyou Leroux, well interpreted... so it may be possible?

To ... Say ... remove custom emoticon images, excluding standard messenger emoticons, and revert the "phrase" to text?

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by Th3rmal on 01-24-2009 at 01:25 PM

You could always go Messenger Options > Messages > Uncheck "Show Custom Emoticons"....

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by grim596 on 01-25-2009 at 11:24 AM

That is a possibility Th3rmal, but, then you'd be stuck with not being able to see the emoticons you want to

RE: Messenger Flashy Gif images by matty on 01-25-2009 at 02:14 PM

This isn't possible. It is all or nothing.