Shoutbox

The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. (/showthread.php?tid=88655)

The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by TheChris on 01-23-2009 at 09:46 PM

OK.... I've recently just upgraded my Windows Live to version 2009 build 14.0.8050.1202 from version 2008.  Now every time I click Audio and Video Setup under the tools tab or attempt to start a voice chat I get this lovely message "We are unable to run audio and video setup".  Who is "We" and why am I getting this message? 

It was working perfectly fine on the 2008 version so I decided revert back to version 2008 only for it to start saying windows live is not responding every time I log in to it.  So I download the 2009 version again, it works but I still get that message.  I really need the voice chat feature and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with it.  Thanks. (Y)

Oh and my operating system is Windows Vista 64bit, and my computer can basically run anything.

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by Sunshine on 01-23-2009 at 09:51 PM

Are you using Mcafee Site Advisor by any chance? If so read this: Workaround for webcam problems in Windows Live Messenger

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by TheChris on 01-23-2009 at 10:00 PM

I'm using a program called McAfee SecurityCenter and I'm guessing that does have McAfee Site Advisor, So I'll read that link and report back. Thanks. (Y)

Hmm, I followed that faq on the mcafee website and I appear to be having another problem.  For some reason, the sesets.ini file wont let me save it, it says;

Cannot create the C:\Program Files(86x)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\sasets.ini file.

Make sure the path and file name are correct.

Thats strange cause I'm not even creating a file, I'm just saving it and it is in the folder.  Is notepad buggered. Crap.

Alright I've figured it out now, sorry for triple posting.  I just copied it to the desktop then edited it then put it back in the site advisor folder.  I've just tried Windows Live Messenger and it works! Don't get that stupid message anymore.  Thanks alot, that link really helped. (Y) (Y) (Y)

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by Sunshine on 01-23-2009 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheChris
Alright I've figured it out now, sorry for triple posting.  I just copied it to the desktop then edited it then put it back in the site advisor folder.  I've just tried Windows Live Messenger and it works! Don't get that stupid message anymore.  Thanks alot, that link really helped. (Y) (Y) (Y)
You're welcome :)
RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by joy_cpu on 10-11-2009 at 12:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheChris
OK.... I've recently just upgraded my Windows Live to version 2009 build 14.0.8050.1202 from version 2008.  Now every time I click Audio and Video Setup under the tools tab or attempt to start a voice chat I get this lovely message "We are unable to run audio and video setup".  Who is "We" and why am I getting this message? 

It was working perfectly fine on the 2008 version so I decided revert back to version 2008 only for it to start saying windows live is not responding every time I log in to it.  So I download the 2009 version again, it works but I still get that message.  I really need the voice chat feature and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with it.  Thanks. (Y)

Oh and my operating system is Windows Vista 64bit, and my computer can basically run anything.

I have the same problem on windows xp 32bit, I don't have installed McAfee. Why appear the same problem? Can any1 help me ? Thanks
RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by superspikey on 10-19-2009 at 08:13 PM

May be its because you are using a program called McAfee Security Center. This issue is resolved in SiteAdvisor versions 2.9.256+ and 2.8.306+. To verify what version of SiteAdvisor you have installed:

* Open your web browser
    * Click the drop-down arrow beside the SiteAdvisor icon in your web browser toolbar.
    * Click About.

Use the first two digits to determine your version number. Upgrade to 2.8 or later.
If you are temporarily unable to upgrade, configure SiteAdvisor to stop monitoring Live Messenger:

* Navigate to the following folder:"C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor"
    * Right-click the file sasets.ini and select Open With, then select Notepad
    * Locate the section titled msnmsgr.exe
    * Change Enabled=1 to Enabled=0
    * Click File and select Save
    * Close sasets.ini and restart your computer.

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by Transbabe on 03-11-2010 at 01:24 AM

I am having the same problem  with 2009  version as countless others here  with "unable to run audio and video setup"

The only difference is I am using Kaspersky internet security and virus protection. not macafee or symantec or norton.

Any help  would be appreciated plz........

Or should I just re-install windows live 8.5???

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by djdannyp on 03-11-2010 at 07:02 AM

You can't re-install 8.5 as it no longer works.

If you disable Kaspersky does it enable you to run the audio and video setup?

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by Lovely Cat on 06-18-2010 at 05:06 AM

I also found that I unable to run audio and video setup on my msn.
My version is 2.8.xxxx and the msnmsgr.exe already to Enabled=0.
I still unable to run audio and video setup.
Any one can help?

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by djdannyp on 06-18-2010 at 08:10 AM

Version 2.8?

2.8 of what?

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by Lovely Cat on 06-18-2010 at 02:24 PM

McAfee Internet Security 2009.   Version 2.8.255

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by djdannyp on 06-18-2010 at 02:30 PM

Are you running the latest version of Windows Live Messenger?

RE: The dreaded "We are unable to run audio and video setup" problem. by Lovely Cat on 06-20-2010 at 03:52 AM

Yes, I am running the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.