Shoutbox

bought ipod classic, and have alot of questions ! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: bought ipod classic, and have alot of questions ! (/showthread.php?tid=88668)

bought ipod classic, and have alot of questions ! by kryp2nyt on 01-24-2009 at 10:24 AM

Hello all :)

i just bought an ipod classic 120GB and am very happy with it.

Question is: i need a good free video converter....one that could convert video at very high quality.

And....maybe a good music manager than itunes? i kinda find it hard to edit tags of my music files on it.

Recommendations are very much appreciated :)

RE: bought ipod classic, and have alot of questions ! by djdannyp on 01-24-2009 at 10:48 AM

iTunes is really the best software for managing music for the ipod.  It can take a while to get used to, but I'd stick with it.

As for a converter, try the videora ipod converter.

I'd avoid converting them at very high quality.....you don't need high quality for a screen that is only 2 inches square....you'll just be wasting your memory if you do that.  I download videos straight from YouTube in mp4 format using keepvid for my iPod Touch and they are a perfect quality, at no higher filesize than an equivalent MP3 (with audio only)

RE: bought ipod classic, and have alot of questions ! by andrewdodd13 on 01-24-2009 at 11:52 AM

For your tagging problems, I find that it's actually better to rip my stuff using EAC and tag them with that. I also prefer it to iTunes for ripping, because it can use any external encoder you like - LAME is widely recommended, using the -v0 setting gives you pretty much the highest quality.

As for high quality, I like high quality too. But I don't watch videos on my iPod. I've used the Videora convertor with PSP Video 9 for PSP before, it was an okay tool.

If you have the same file size as an MP3 Danny, then you must've seriously sacrificed video and audio quality...