Shoutbox

Custom Status Frame - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: Custom Status Frame (/showthread.php?tid=88669)

Custom Status Frame by ck472006 on 01-24-2009 at 11:44 AM

Can someone please create a simple skin for WLM9 that allows us to choose different color status frame for each status. Such as Blue Frame for the status "avaliable"

THanks in advance,
ck472006

RE: Custom Status Frame by Moh on 01-24-2009 at 05:14 PM

Nice idea, I dont think it is even possible to do so though.

RE: Custom Status Frame by robert_dll on 01-24-2009 at 07:19 PM

EDIT: Don't know why I understood something different 8-)

RE: RE: Custom Status Frame by ryxdp on 01-25-2009 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi

Sure it is :P

just do some tinkering around with hue adjustments, enter them in as resources, add some options and there you go.
RE: RE: RE: Custom Status Frame by ck472006 on 01-26-2009 at 12:02 PM

actually, i pressed the "Extract Resources" in Skin Developers in msgplus. And i found out that the green frame is a png named 4401_var.png and the orange frame 4402_var.png and the other frames are simmilar. So not really chaging hue. The problem is that i don't know how to write a sript/skin to replace those 4 pics. If u (Ryxdp), it would be greatly appreciate.

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi

Sure it is :P

just do some tinkering around with hue adjustments, enter them in as resources, add some options and there you go.

RE: Custom Status Frame by ryxdp on 01-26-2009 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ck472006
actually, i pressed the "Extract Resources" in Skin Developers in msgplus. And i found out that the green frame is a png named 4401_var.png and the orange frame 4402_var.png and the other frames are simmilar. So not really chaging hue. The problem is that i don't know how to write a sript/skin to replace those 4 pics. If u (Ryxdp), it would be greatly appreciate.

You still might have to do some hue adjustments if you want other colours than green, orange and red :P and also there are the animated frames (examples 48000 and 48026). From there it's just a simple matter of replacing the images. I haven't done anything with WLM9 yet, but perhaps I'll try and whip something up here.

An interesting thing to note, though, is that Plus! can't decrypt some RLEs properly, so it sets the image to 100x100 and puts _var on the end. This means that quite a few of these images are not the right size, and I hope that Patchou can fix this in 4.80.
RE: RE: Custom Status Frame by ck472006 on 01-27-2009 at 04:52 AM

Ok. Thanks. I hope Patchou can fix that in 4.80. Anyway, i hope u will try and make the plugin. So thanks in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
quote:
Originally posted by ck472006

You still might have to do some hue adjustments if you want other colours than green, orange and red :P and also there are the animated frames (examples 48000 and 48026). From there it's just a simple matter of replacing the images. I haven't done anything with WLM9 yet, but perhaps I'll try and whip something up here.

An interesting thing to note, though, is that Plus! can't decrypt some RLEs properly, so it sets the image to 100x100 and puts _var on the end. This means that quite a few of these images are not the right size, and I hope that Patchou can fix this in 4.80.