Shoutbox

Not changing status to Idle - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Not changing status to Idle (/showthread.php?tid=88721)

Not changing status to Idle by thebser on 01-26-2009 at 08:21 PM

After getting the new messenger and msg plus beta for wlm 9, I notice my status doesn't change to "Idle" automatically after 10, and the option is checked in my options menu. I also tried changing it to 5 minutes and still doesn't work. It use to work before I got this new messenger with plus. Thanks!

RE: Not changing status to Idle by djdannyp on 01-26-2009 at 08:31 PM

Did you download the compatible version of Plus! Using the small link below the big blue button?

Also do you have the option checked in Messenger Plus! Live preferences under 'Messenger' to show contacts as Idle instead of Away?

RE: Not changing status to Idle by hectic18 on 02-04-2009 at 07:21 AM

Hello!

I'm experiencing a similar issue using WLM 09 Build 14.0.8050.1202 and MP! 4.80.0.356.

Contacts appear as (Away) in my contact list however when I right click the contact --> MP! Features --> Contact Information --> Last events, it will be listed that the person has become idle at such and such time.

Anyway to fix this? I've done a reinstall but to no avail

edit: i'm on windows xp sp3

RE: Not changing status to Idle by Moh on 02-04-2009 at 08:35 AM

You cant see the idle status in your contacts' list, You can only see it when you get your mouse on the contact's nickname. I dont know it it can be solved by changing something in Plus! settings though.

RE: Not changing status to Idle by Patchou on 02-17-2009 at 11:02 AM

This is a limitation in Messenger 2009. "Idle" is not displayed in the contact list but only in the contact's tooltip. Sorry about the inconvinience.