Shoutbox

[Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 (/showthread.php?tid=88738)

[Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by djdannyp on 01-27-2009 at 05:39 PM

This script will update your WLM Personal Message with your Facebook status

Version 1.31 is a small update to fix the problem with settings not being remembered after exiting Messenger

Version 1.30 includes a reset button to remove all settings and to remove your PSM and an update button to force an instant update of your PSM to reflect any changes in feed link or prefix.  It also adds a feature to remove a certain number of letters from the front of your status (spaces DO count), so that for example you can remove your name, or the next word from your status.  Example:

Facebook status: Danny is watching new Lost

Enter '9' in the box, produces this: Watching new Lost

Version 1.22 changes the URL for the feed link (as the .new bit isn't needed) and fixes a bug with the autoupdate and is now live on the Scripts Database

Version 1.21 includes minor fixes and is now live on the Scripts Database

Version 1.2 includes a Settings window where you can set:

1. The URL to use for the feed (with a link to discover it, as per the instructions below)
2. A prefix to appear before the feed item
3. A duration in minutes to check for updates

URL instructions:

1. http://www.facebook.com/minifeed.php?filter=11
2. Right click on 'My Status' and choose 'Copy shortcut'

DOWNLOAD HERE

Idea suggested by Chris4

Original downloads: 17

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.0 by Basilis on 01-27-2009 at 06:05 PM

Thanks! :D I am going to try this right now.

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.0 by Chris4 on 01-27-2009 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for making it :).

How can I add "Facebook status:" or something, before the actual status? I tried to edit the code but failed.

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.0 by djdannyp on 01-27-2009 at 10:55 PM

Change line 30 from

code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = newPsm;

to

code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = "Facebook Status:" + newPsm;

that should do it
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.0 by Chris4 on 01-28-2009 at 12:06 AM

Need a space after the colon. Also put it in brackets.

code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = "[Facebook Status:] " + newPsm;

Great script :)

Next update should include an interface where you can put the URL in a textbox, rather than in the coding. Or something that automatically gets it for you, if possible. :P
RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.0 by djdannyp on 01-28-2009 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

code:

Next update should include an interface where you can put the URL in a textbox, rather than in the coding. Or something that automatically gets it for you, if possible. :P

The text box should be do-able, I'll work on that, however I don't think I can do something to automatically get it for you, as the link has to include your unique facebook ID and also an authorisation key as an identifier that you're allowed access to the feed.

But I agree that a textbox would be a nice solution to at least avoid having to edit the code.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.0 by Vilkku on 01-28-2009 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

code:

The text box should be do-able, I'll work on that, however I don't think I can do something to automatically get it for you, as the link has to include your unique facebook ID and also an authorisation key as an identifier that you're allowed access to the feed.

But I agree that a textbox would be a nice solution to at least avoid having to edit the code.
While you're at it, also let people specify how it is displayed. Like, a text box where you can use %status to insert the status. Too early for me to be able to explain properly :P But there would be one box where you enter the feed and another where you enter how you want it displayed (for example "[Facebook Status:] %status" in the case of Chris4).
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.2 by djdannyp on 01-28-2009 at 05:48 PM

Updated to version 1.2 with both of the above suggestions, see original post

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 01-30-2009 at 10:54 AM

Updated version now live on scripts database

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/503-Facebook-Status

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Chris4 on 02-01-2009 at 10:09 PM

Doesn't explain what the "prefix" is, how to get the "feed link", or what the "timer" is. :S

It needs instructions, not just a link to this thread in the About window.

P.S. Do I get no credit? (A)

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-01-2009 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Doesn't explain what the "prefix" is, how to get the "feed link", or what the "timer" is. :S

It needs instructions, not just a link to this thread in the About window.

P.S. Do I get no credit? (A)

It's all explained on the page where you download:

quote:
Originally posted by scripts database

This script offers options to automatically update your WLM Personal Message with your Facebook Status. The script allows you to enter a feed URL (the options window tells you how to find it), as well as a duration in minutes at which it should check for updates and an optional prefix to go before your status (eg: Facebook Status - Danny is happy), the part in italics being the prefix.

and it's been downloaded quite a few times and no-one's needed to post yet for support, lol :P

I might think about adding a readme or a help window or something, but it doesn't appear 100% necessary at the moment.

ps. first post amended :P
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Chris4 on 02-01-2009 at 10:48 PM

Ok, cool. :)

Btw, the www.new.facebook.com link, you don't need the .new any more.

Oh and an 'Update' button would be nice in the Settings. :)

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-01-2009 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Ok, cool. :)

Btw, the www.new.facebook.com link, you don't need the .new any more.

Oh and an 'Update' button would be nice in the Settings. :)

Save=Update.....doesn't it? :S

Thanks for the heads up on the new. bit.....i thought i'd tried it without and it didn't work.

I'll change that for the next release (Y)

Kinda wanna get a few translations in before releasing it again tho....so i'm waiting for the requests, as per on the scripts database page
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Chris4 on 02-01-2009 at 11:11 PM

Can't get it working atm :S. Seems to have stopped working.

The save button hasn't updated it from previous attempts.

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-02-2009 at 06:56 AM

When you open the settings form does it show the correct link/timer/prefix that you set?

Is the link in the form:

http://www.facebook.com/feeds/status.php?id=xxxxx...oxxox&format=rss20

where x=numbers (same set twice) and xo= random combination of letters and numbers

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Chris4 on 02-03-2009 at 01:40 AM

Yeah it did. I re-installed and its working now. :)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by wincy on 02-05-2009 at 01:20 PM

This is great!
But what about making a script that interacts with all facebook's functions?
I mean, checking/updating your facebook's friends, status, photos and more directly from Messenger would be amazing, don't you think so? I am good in scripting, but facebook developer's documentation doesn't looks so simple..

If someone is interested in cooperating and trying to do this, contact me! :)

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-05-2009 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wincy
This is great!
But what about making a script that interacts with all facebook's functions?
I mean, checking/updating your facebook's friends, status, photos and more directly from Messenger would be amazing, don't you think so? I am good in scripting, but facebook developer's documentation doesn't looks so simple..

If someone is interested in cooperating and trying to do this, contact me! :)

The facebook 'tab' on windows live messenger (if you have tabs enabled) can already do all of that kind of thing.

The script is not to interact with facebook, merely a simple one to connect their status to their PSM
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by matty on 02-05-2009 at 02:03 PM

quote:
The script is not to interact with facebook, merely a simple one to connect their status to their PSM
I personally think you should be using the facebook API for the development because as it stands you need to update the URL everytime you want to use the script. This way could make the script two way. You can update your facebook withe song you are listening to or your current status etc.
RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-05-2009 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
I personally think you should be using the facebook API for the development because as it stands you need to update the URL everytime you want to use the script. This way could make the script two way. You can update your facebook withe song you are listening to or your current status etc.

The URL for your status feed never changes, so you only have to input it once.

My level of scripting is nowhere near high enough to be considering anything more advanced than this at the moment
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by matty on 02-05-2009 at 03:16 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

The URL for your status feed never changes, so you only have to input it once.

My level of scripting is nowhere near high enough to be considering anything more advanced than this at the moment
Interesting because after logging out of facebook and back in the script wouldn't work. I will take a look at the facebook API tonight see what I can come up with.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-05-2009 at 03:22 PM

I just tried logging out and in again and each time it gave me the same rss feed link

I suppose perhaps it could change over time, but I'm 90% sure that it's the same link i was given the first time i tried it, when developing the script (the only possible change is the 'key' part)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by matty on 02-05-2009 at 03:28 PM

quote:
I just tried logging out and in again and each time it gave me the same rss feed link

I suppose perhaps it could change over time, but I'm 90% sure that it's the same link i was given the first time i tried it, when developing the script (the only possible change is the 'key' part)
Yeah the key parameter is what changed for me therefore the original link I had didn't work.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by wincy on 02-05-2009 at 03:32 PM

My Messenger 8.5 doesn't have Facebook's tab (maybe it is not available in Italy?).
Obviously i understand that your script works simply as a rss-reader, but i think that implementing other facebook functions would be great!
What can you do from Messenger's tab?
I was thinking about interacting with official fb documentation.
If it's possibile to make a php page, shouldn't be so difficult making script interact with that webpage (xmlhttp request).

Anyway, the feed rss link shouldn't change in my opinion, otherwise it couldn't be seen always with an external rss reader!

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Spunky on 02-05-2009 at 05:42 PM

* Spunky might help with this... Especially the API side of it...

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by matty on 02-05-2009 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
You have me on MSN right? If not PM me.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Spunky on 02-05-2009 at 06:05 PM

quote:
quote:
You have me on MSN right? If not PM me.

Haven't I bugged you enough on WLM for you to notice me yet? (A)
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Chris4 on 02-06-2009 at 12:14 AM

Confirmed, my link keeps changing, therefore it doesn't update.

Well done for what you've developed so far, djdannyp :)

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by wincy on 02-06-2009 at 06:14 PM

quote:

So did you "study" facebook's developers documentation and APIs?
Do you think that it is possibile to make a script like that?
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by Danny-IceIsMyLife on 02-18-2009 at 11:48 AM

Hey i've  read all these and im really dumb how the hell do you do this i love the idea but i dnt know what a prefix is or feed link helpp pleasee

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-18-2009 at 11:57 AM

The prefix is used for if you want something to appear before the facebook status in your PSM, so for example you might want:

"Facebook Status: Danny is happy"

the bit in italics would be the prefix.  It's an optional thing, if you just leave it blank it will just display your status as the personal message.

You find the feed link by clicking on the link in the options window, then scrolling to where you can see 'My Status', then right click on that and choose 'copy' then right click in the feed link box in the options window and choose paste.

That's all explained in the first post :)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by msn-fun-de on 02-23-2009 at 02:42 PM

Nice, can translate in German , plaese :D ?

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.21 by djdannyp on 02-23-2009 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msn-fun-de
Nice, can translate in German , plaese :D ?

Sure, please translate the following:

Settings Window
  • Settings
  • Click to find feed link
  • Prefix
  • Feed Link
  • Timer
  • Mins (short for minutes)
  • Save
  • Close

About Window
  • About
  • This script was created by
  • German translation (not yet present, but will be added to give you thanks)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by LeoXavior on 02-24-2009 at 07:35 AM

Would it be possible to add an option to filter out your name from the front of the text. Something like a checkbox to enable the option which enables an input box where the user can input there name, then delete the first part of the string from the facebook status msg.

Example Facebook status:
LeoXavior is suggesting a new feature|option!

Example Msn status would become:
Suggesting a new feature|option!

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Chris4 on 02-25-2009 at 11:59 PM

I know all this is probably hard work and you won't know how to do half of the stuff, but feedback is better than no feedback. Hopefully this helps you out to improve the script, as it's thumbs up from me so far. :)

Bug #1
Sometimes it simply doesn't work. Unsure of the reason. Also doesn't update straight away after saving settings.

Bug #2
Saved the settings, then status eventually showed in psm. I later cleared my psm and then next time I went to use the script my settings had been cleared. (see Suggestion #2)

Suggestion #1
If possible, I'd like to see how long ago the status was submitted. Example:

quote:
Chris is watching TV. [3 hours ago]

Suggestion #2
An ON/OFF button.

---------------------------------------

Also found this in the Script Debugger, if it helps.

code:
Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
Error: unknown (code: -2147418113)
       File: Facebook Status.js. Line: 12.
Function OnEvent_Initialize returned an error. Code: -2147352567

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by djdannyp on 02-26-2009 at 11:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LeoXavior
Would it be possible to add an option to filter out your name from the front of the text. Something like a checkbox to enable the option which enables an input box where the user can input there name, then delete the first part of the string from the facebook status msg.

Example Facebook status:

I have looked into this and unfortunately I don't think it's possibe, certainly not easily.  If I had better coding knowledge then it might have been possible when the facebook status was automatically prefaced by 'is' as it might have been possible to remove the first two words....but with variable second words I don't think it would work.

quote:
I know all this is probably hard work and you won't know how to do half of the stuff, but feedback is better than no feedback. Hopefully this helps you out to improve the script, as it's thumbs up from me so far. :)

Bug #1
Sometimes it simply doesn't work. Unsure of the reason. Also doesn't update straight away after saving settings.

When it doesn't work it could be that the 'key' part of the Feed Link has changed, not much I can do about that really.  Also, it won't update straight away after saving settings, it will update after however long the timer is set to.

quote:

Bug #2
Saved the settings, then status eventually showed in psm. I later cleared my psm and then next time I went to use the script my settings had been cleared. (see Suggestion #2)

There's no reason why your settings should have been cleared, even if you do clear your psm.  Can you repeat this?  Next time it happens check the registry at HKCU>Software>Patchou>Messenger Plus! Live>GlobalSettings>Scripts>Facebook Status>Settings>e-mail address and see if the settings are still showing there (as that's where they get stored)

quote:

Suggestion #1
If possible, I'd like to see how long ago the status was submitted. Example:

quote:
Chris is watching TV. [3 hours ago]

Not sure if this is possible, I'll look into it

quote:

Suggestion #2
An ON/OFF button.

That definitely can't be done, if you don't want it to operate anymore, then to go the script preferences screen and untick the script (to deactivate it), it won't be uninstalled, simply turned off

quote:

---------------------------------------

Also found this in the Script Debugger, if it helps.

code:
Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
Error: unknown (code: -2147418113)
       File: Facebook Status.js. Line: 12.
Function OnEvent_Initialize returned an error. Code: -2147352567

Hmm, obviously some of the settings from the registry have been deleted.

Disable the script, then go to that registry location above and delete the whole 'Facebook Status' key

Then re-enable the script and it should be okay again
RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Chris4 on 02-26-2009 at 11:01 PM

quote:
When it doesn't work it could be that the 'key' part of the Feed Link has changed, not much I can do about that really.  Also, it won't update straight away after saving settings, it will update after however long the timer is set to.

Just would have thought there would have been a way to check it immediately, then carry on with the timer. If the timer is set to 5mins, you have to wait exactly 5mins before it's updated. Same for 10mins, 15mins, etc.

quote:
There's no reason why your settings should have been cleared, even if you do clear your psm.  Can you repeat this?  Next time it happens check the registry at HKCU>Software>Patchou>Messenger Plus! Live>GlobalSettings>Scripts>Facebook Status>Settings>e-mail address and see if the settings are still showing there (as that's where they get stored)

I can't really repeat it constantly, but I did manage to do it again and I checked the registry settings and they were still there, they didn't change, yet the fields showed blank for some reason.

quote:
That definitely can't be done, if you don't want it to operate anymore, then to go the script preferences screen and untick the script (to deactivate it), it won't be uninstalled, simply turned off

I don't see why not? Isn't it possible to, with a button click, clear the psm and turn the timer off?

quote:
Hmm, obviously some of the settings from the registry have been deleted.

Disable the script, then go to that registry location above and delete the whole 'Facebook Status' key

Then re-enable the script and it should be okay again
Ok, done.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by John Anderton on 03-04-2009 at 04:58 PM

I REALLY think you should include an update now button (for those who've increased the check interval) and a refresh of sorts for when you change the prefix :)

Update: I rebooted the comp and this morning, to my surprise, it didn't have my settings saved :-/ I am logged into Facebook already. Are you sure you've saved the settings to file? If so, did you test it with UAC?
If I'm not too bored, I might go through your code, if you don't mind me editing it a bit if I need to :) I'll let you know if I feel there is something a bit out of order :)
and no.. I've not read the rest of the thread yet :P

Edit: djdannyp, could you add me on WLM? I'd like to talk to you for a bit about this script :) My address should be in your (forum PM) inbox :)

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Father_Parsley on 03-06-2009 at 05:28 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeoXavior

Example Facebook status:

I have looked into this and unfortunately I don't think it's possibe, certainly not easily.  If I had better coding knowledge then it might have been possible when the facebook status was automatically prefaced by 'is' as it might have been possible to remove the first two words....but with variable second words I don't think it would work.

i'd like that too.
variable second words? you mean if the second word not always is "is"?
but can't you just check for the spaces?
string[0] -> First space = one word
string[0] -> Second space =  two words
?

Or just make a box where one can type how many letters one wants to remove from the string?

or, if you don't have the time, is there a possibility to edit the code one self?

if (sPsm !== newPsm)
{
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = sPrefix + " " + newPsm;
}

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by John Anderton on 03-06-2009 at 05:32 PM

as Father_Parsley said, its quite easily possible :) Just ignore the first two words of the string :P
And oh, make the first letter of the third sentence into upper char :)

Update: Try this on for size :)

code:
var str="John is doing his job which is to study!";
str = str.substring(str.indexOf("is")+3);
str = str.substring(0,1).toUpperCase() + str.substring(1);
Debug.Trace(str);

To test it out, go to W3School's Tryit Editor 1.4 and use the following code :)
code:
<html>
<body>

<script type="text/javascript">

var str="John is doing his job which is to study!";
str = str.substring(str.indexOf("is")+3);
str = str.substring(0,1).toUpperCase() + str.substring(1)
document.write(str + "<br />");

</script>

</body>
</html>

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by djdannyp on 03-06-2009 at 06:48 PM

But my point is that without the second word, the status might not make sense, for example, my current status:

"Danny loves Scarlett Johansson"

Remove the first two words and the status simply becomes "Scarlett Johansson"....which makes no sense.

If the second word was still "is" then it would be possible to remove it as the possibilities were more limited.

So yeah, that's not happening :P

I'm looking into an 'update now' and a 'reset' button and they should hopefully be added for the next version

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

Update: I rebooted the comp and this morning, to my surprise, it didn't have my settings saved :-/ I am logged into Facebook already. Are you sure you've saved the settings to file? If so, did you test it with UAC?
If I'm not too bored, I might go through your code, if you don't mind me editing it a bit if I need to :) I'll let you know if I feel there is something a bit out of order :)

The settings get saved to the registry.  Being logged into facebook is irrelevant as far as I know (because the link is independent of being logged in).  UAC has nothing to do with it......i'm building it on vista so would have noticed a similar thing.  If you look in the registry at the location mentioned earlier in this thread, is anything in there, or is the whole key totally blank?

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Father_Parsley on 03-07-2009 at 04:45 PM

Thanks John!

quote:
"Danny loves Scarlett Johansson"
Hahaha! Yeah! :D
So I was thinking something like a... in the settings for the Facebook Status script... where you type how often you'd like to update... another box where you type how many words/letters you want to remove.
But now, when I think about it... sometimes you want to remove the first word and sometimes you don't.
And then it's just as easy to simply remove the words by hand from the Messenger status line. :)
So I guess it's just useful if one always wanna remove certain words.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by djdannyp on 03-07-2009 at 06:32 PM

I've now got Update and Reset buttons working, they'll definitely be part of the forthcoming 1.30 release.

I'm still not entirely sure what to do about this whole shortening the status thing.

I might work on adding an option to just remove the name part of it

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Father_Parsley on 03-07-2009 at 07:02 PM

I think it would be sweet with the shortening thing :D

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by John Anderton on 03-07-2009 at 08:01 PM

Just add it as an option for users who want it.
Let the options be something like "Ignore first n words" :)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by djdannyp on 03-08-2009 at 10:49 AM

Version 1.30 has been submitted to the database including:

A 'Reset' button which removes all of the options as well as resetting your PSM to a blank

An 'Update Now' button which updates your PSM instantly with whatever changes you've made, so that you don't have to wait for the timer to come around

An option remove a certain amount of letters from the front of the status (so that the name/second word can be removed if desired)

I'll update the first post once it's live in the database

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Basilis on 03-08-2009 at 11:41 AM

Great djdannyp. Waiting for the new version! :)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by Father_Parsley on 03-08-2009 at 11:49 AM

Yes! Great work!!

I just noticed one thing... everytime I re-start Messenger, the Facebook status feed link is gone.
Why is that?

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by djdannyp on 03-08-2009 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Father_Parsley
Yes! Great work!!

I just noticed one thing... everytime I re-start Messenger, the Facebook status feed link is gone.
Why is that?

Can anyone else confirm this?
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.22 by John Anderton on 03-08-2009 at 03:41 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Father_Parsley
Yes! Great work!!

Why is that?

Can anyone else confirm this?
I kinda already did. I went ahead and checked the registry and it does have the keys.. its just Messenger didn't have them.

I rewrote some of your code and did some code maintenance (as I already told you) and it doesn't seem to happen to me any more. :)

Edit:
As a feature request, imo the "leave out <name> is" part should be included in the options with a few changes.
Add a text box and remove that string from the start of the PSM.

Like if I put "John is" in there, this would be the result
John is drooling on Jessica Alba -> Drooling on Jessica Alba
John likes Jessica Alba -> John likes Jessica Alba (no change)
John The world is a beautiful place -> John The world is a beautiful place

Now if I put "John" in that text box, here are the results
John is drooling on Jessica Alba -> Is drooling on Jessica Alba
John likes Jessica Alba -> Likes Jessica Alba (no change)
John The world is a beautiful place -> The world is a beautiful place

Note that the first is the most common Facebook status format. The second is another commonly used format. The third is used by some people but isn't that common. This option allows (optional) customizability as per your tastes :)
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by djdannyp on 03-13-2009 at 07:27 PM

Version 1.30 is now live on the scripts database and can be downloaded here.

For the changes see the first post

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by KiwiBloke on 03-17-2009 at 03:28 PM

Hi, I'm using the new Facebook Status 1.30 plugin, and am having problems with it remembering my settings. Basically, I enter the values for Feed Link, Timer and Remove first xx letters, click Save and Close and all is well - it works nicely, updates my status etc.

But when I next restart WLM, my settings are all lost - the settings GUI is empty again - and it obviously doesn't update my status.

Shouldn't the settings be saved in some kind of file in the same directory as the other XML plugin files? (/Messenger Plus! Live/Scripts/Facebook Status/). Because I'm not seeing any new file there, or any file that contains my settings. Or are the settings saved in the Registry?

Any ideas how I can make this otherwise-great plugin remember my settings?

Cheers,
Jeremy

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by John Anderton on 03-17-2009 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KiwiBloke
Shouldn't the settings be saved in some kind of file in the same directory as the other XML plugin files? (/Messenger Plus! Live/Scripts/Facebook Status/). Because I'm not seeing any new file there, or any file that contains my settings. Or are the settings saved in the Registry?
They are indeed the registry. I think the code might be a bit buggy cause this has been there since a few versions back. I tried code editing and it fixed it though I'm not sure what I did. I'll look at it again and let djdannyp know of any potential issues I find :P
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by djdannyp on 03-17-2009 at 08:13 PM

Yeah, send me a PM if you manage to figure out what's causing it.....I can't see anything in the code which should cause exiting WLM to do anything silly with the settings

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by for3v3rforgott3n on 03-18-2009 at 03:03 AM

Hey, I was just wondering, what would happen if you set the delay to 0 mins? Would it never update or would it update A.S.A.P?

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by John Anderton on 03-18-2009 at 04:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by for3v3rforgott3n
Hey, I was just wondering, what would happen if you set the delay to 0 mins? Would it never update or would it update A.S.A.P?
Since the time is used as the limit for the timer event, I'd say it would break :P
Updating ASAP would mean a lot of needless resources (network/cpu) and getting nothing actually done.
djdannyp: You should add data validation to the options form. Start with the minimum allowable timer to be 1min :P
RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by KiwiBloke on 03-19-2009 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
They are indeed the registry. I think the code might be a bit buggy cause this has been there since a few versions back. I tried code editing and it fixed it though I'm not sure what I did. I'll look at it again and let djdannyp know of any potential issues I find :P

Okay I found where the settings are stored in the Registry. Then I closed WLM and restarted it again. Interestingly, the settings remained in the Registry after WLM had restarted - they weren't deleted or changed or anything. But when I then go back to the Facebook Status settings GUI, the settings are missing there! All the fields there are empty again. But they still remain in the Registry intact.

So it's almost like the script isn't reading the settings from the Registry after it starts up each time. Strange. Any ideas?
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by John Anderton on 03-19-2009 at 07:06 PM

The thing is stored in the registry. I had this problem. I looked it up and the settings were there. It sometimes didn't read it right.. it sometimes did. I have the new version of the script and I'll go through it once I get time. Currently, I'm just swamped with uni work ;(

quote:
Originally posted by KiwiBloke
So it's almost like the script isn't reading the settings from the Registry after it starts up each time. Strange. Any ideas?
That's the thing. It does. Sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. I (accidentally) fixed it on my laptop. My desktop has the original version of the script which refuses to work from time to time :)
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by Father_Parsley on 03-20-2009 at 02:39 PM

Great work danny!! (Y)

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by P4R4D0x on 03-21-2009 at 03:20 PM

How do you add stuff after the status update?
Future feature?

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by djdannyp on 03-21-2009 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
Future feature?

Can you give me an example of what you mean?  Like what you'd like to add after the status update?
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by matty on 03-21-2009 at 09:37 PM

To fix the issues with the script not loading settings properly try this

Javascript code:
function OnEvent_Initialize() {
    if (Messenger.MyStatus < STATUS_INVISIBLE) return false;
    fCheckReg(Messenger.MyEmail);
    if (sTimer < 1) {
        sTimer = 1;
    }
    sTimer2 = sTimer * 60000
    MsgPlus.AddTimer('update', sTimer2);
}

function OnEvent_SigninReady(sEmail) {
    OnEvent_Initialize();
}

You had the check in the wrong place if the user wasn't signed in. If the user isn't signed in Messenger.MyEmail will be null and cause the script to fail.
RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by KiwiBloke on 03-21-2009 at 10:02 PM

quote:

<snip>

You had the check in the wrong place if the user wasn't signed in. If the user isn't signed in Messenger.MyEmail will be null and cause the script to fail.

Hey, that seems to be working fine for me now! The settings are retained after I restart WLM. Thanks! :)

Cheers,
Jeremy
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by P4R4D0x on 03-23-2009 at 03:49 AM

quote:
quote:
Future feature?

Can you give me an example of what you mean?  Like what you'd like to add after the status update?
| http://themoderndayriffraff.blogspot.com/ |
Is that what you meant?
RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by djdannyp on 03-23-2009 at 08:13 PM

quote:

Javascript code:
function OnEvent_Initialize() {
    if (Messenger.MyStatus < STATUS_INVISIBLE) return false;
    fCheckReg(Messenger.MyEmail);
    if (sTimer < 1) {
        sTimer = 1;
    }
    sTimer2 = sTimer * 60000
    MsgPlus.AddTimer('update', sTimer2);
}

function OnEvent_SigninReady(sEmail) {
    OnEvent_Initialize();
}

awesome, i've added that to the script now (as well as my auto status one which was having the same problems)...i'll give it some tests over the next few days then submit new versions
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by ManicIce on 03-24-2009 at 02:59 PM

Seems like it dont remember my settings when i log on to messenger after shutdown. 

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by matty on 03-24-2009 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ManicIce
Seems like it dont remember my settings when i log on to messenger after shutdown.
That will be fixed in the next release as I pointed out the fix for it.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by djdannyp on 03-28-2009 at 10:32 AM

The fix has been tested and verified and the new version has been submitted to the database.

Either check back here in a few days or use /checkupdates in a conversation to see if the new version is online

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by P4R4D0x on 03-30-2009 at 12:11 AM

Can anyone help me with how I would go about putting text after the status as well as before, please?

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.30 by djdannyp on 03-30-2009 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Can anyone help me with how I would go about putting text after the status as well as before, please?

This isn't yet available as an option, however if you edit the following line of code you can:

Javascript code:

It's line 124, change it to something like:

Javascript code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = sPrefix + " " + newPsm + "This is extra text";

Also, version 1.31 is now live on the database with a fix for the problem where settings weren't being remembered properly after exiting Messenger
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by P4R4D0x on 03-31-2009 at 11:23 AM

quote:
quote:

This isn't yet available as an option, however if you edit the following line of code you can:

Javascript code:

It's line 124, change it to something like:

Javascript code:
Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = sPrefix + " " + newPsm + "This is extra text";

Also, version 1.31 is now live on the database with a fix for the problem where settings weren't being remembered properly after exiting Messenger
Thank you so much for that.
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by ckwisnu on 04-15-2009 at 11:44 PM

Hi. Thanks for the script.
Unfortunately, since April 15, 2009 I couldn’t visit http://www.facebook.com/minifeed.php?filter=11 anymore.
Did they kill it?

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by darylt on 04-26-2009 at 08:42 PM

in Facebook go to your inbox, click Notifications, find the RSS feed on the right hand side.

Copy the link

Change notification.php for status.php

RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by ckwisnu on 04-27-2009 at 01:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by darylt
in Facebook go to your inbox, click Notifications, find the RSS feed on the right hand side.

Copy the link

Thanks.

I read http://wesblog.com/?p=1437

:D

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by darylt on 04-29-2009 at 03:30 PM

I have the cript running but it doesn't seem to be updating.

Any ideas?

RE: Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by eugenia on 05-06-2009 at 11:48 AM

Hi, I've installed Facebook Status as PSM v1.31, but would u pls tell me how I can make my facebook status to follow my PSM status?

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by matty on 05-06-2009 at 02:34 PM

This only updates your Windows Live Messenger PSM with your Facebook Status. It cannot go the opposite way.

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by Chris4 on 06-24-2009 at 05:17 PM

quote:
URL instructions:

1. http://www.facebook.com/minifeed.php?filter=11
2. Right click on 'My Status' and choose 'Copy shortcut'
It's redirecting to my profile page. Anyone confirm?
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by lynnwest on 07-23-2009 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ckwisnu
quote:

Copy the link

Thanks.

I didn't read the wesblog.com thing though.  :D  When you go to your inbox and notifications, there's a thing on the right hand side that says "Subscribe to Notifications".  Under that, it says "Your Notifications".  Right click on that and then post that where it says "Feed Link:" on the settings for your facebook status script.  Before clicking update, find the notification.php and change it for status and it worked for me.  Hope this helps!
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by ckwisnu on 08-09-2009 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lynnwest

I didn't read the wesblog.com thing though.  :D  When you go to your inbox and notifications, there's a thing on the right hand side that says "Subscribe to Notifications".  Under that, it says "Your Notifications".  Right click on that and then post that where it says "Feed Link:" on the settings for your facebook status script.  Before clicking update, find the notification.php and change it for status and it worked for me.  Hope this helps!

Thanks.

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by epiphany86 on 09-19-2009 at 08:05 PM

I have no idea how to make this work!

Does it update your song information that is playing at the moment in MSN

Step by Step of what I gotta do correctly is needed

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by silverz on 01-22-2010 at 06:24 PM

This is awesome. Thanks so much!

Kelly,
Farmville Secrets Guide

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by psycho_maniac on 01-24-2010 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lynnwest
quote:
Originally posted by ckwisnu
quote:

Copy the link

Thanks.

this totally worked for me!
edit: how does this work when you have "share what i am listening to" checked? also what happenes if you change your status manually?
maybe we could get a little check mark to stop this from operating if we want to set our status manually?
RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by psycho_maniac on 04-08-2010 at 05:11 AM

well they changed the link again. so you have to go here: http://wesblog.com/?p=1437 and figure out the new link. still works just a different link. or maybe it was just me?

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by djdannyp on 04-08-2010 at 09:57 AM

Unfortunately nothing on that link seems to work either, as Facebook has been changed once again since May of last year

At present I think the script no longer functions properly, due to the unavailability of a status rss feed.

I do check periodically and if/when one becomes available I'll update things

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by Chrissy on 05-09-2010 at 12:45 PM

Hello,

This doesn't seem to work anymore? :S

I really would like it :P

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by djdannyp on 05-09-2010 at 01:28 PM

Read the post above :P

In the changes to Facebook they're removed the RSS feed(s) that used to be there and so there's no feed to put into the script anymore.  Until it changes again the script won't function

RE: [Release] Facebook Status as PSM v1.31 by Chrissy on 05-09-2010 at 03:48 PM

That sucks :(

I really wanted this :D :P