Shoutbox

Any Script causes Messenger Live to close - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Any Script causes Messenger Live to close (/showthread.php?tid=88753)

Any Script causes Messenger Live to close by piglith on 01-28-2009 at 05:21 AM

OK I've been trying to get this to work for months now.  I just can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

For some reason on this machine any time I add any script to Plus, it will work fine until I quit Messenger and re-open.  Messenger will wait for "connect" button to be pressed.  After I do it seems to connect just fine and then messenger will just quit.

Removing all scripts and try again works fine.  Putting any script back and problem returns.

I have a laptop configured exactly the same but it does not do this it works perfectly.

I've tried uninstalling LivePlus and messenger Plus and reinstalling both.  Cleaning out all registry entries for both.

Ive tried the beta of MLP 479b

I've even exported the registry hives for MLP from the laptop and imported them into this machine.

Could someone please help!

Windows Vista 64 with SP1 and fully updated
Messenger Live 8.5.1302
MLP 470 and MLP479b

RE: Any Script causes Messenger Live to close by djdannyp on 01-28-2009 at 06:50 AM

Are you running an administrator account on vista?  As many scripts need registry access and this could potentially be denied on a normal user account.

Also, what scripts are you using?  type (!SVER) into a WLM conversation and it will output a list for you to copy and paste here

RE: Any Script causes Messenger Live to close by piglith on 01-29-2009 at 01:46 AM

Ok there is only one script I care about and that is
+Speech

But if I load any Script and including remove the +Speech
It still does the immediate close after launch

I've checked permissions on the entire Patachou hive and inherited user account with full access and ownership of the hive.

The problem remains

RE: Any Script causes Messenger Live to close by Patchou on 01-29-2009 at 02:46 AM

This sounds like an Antivirus or something similar may be causing the problem. What do you have installed on your computer?

RE: Any Script causes Messenger Live to close by piglith on 01-31-2009 at 03:38 PM

Its not antivirus,

I have Windows Defender and AVG.  I've tried disabling both.
No other software IE firewall etc..

RE: Any Script causes Messenger Live to close by piglith on 02-01-2009 at 09:35 AM

Is there anyway to turn on debugging logging?  So that if it closes it writes out any possible problem to a log file?