Shoutbox

Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! (/showthread.php?tid=88773)

Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by louiselouise on 01-28-2009 at 11:33 PM

My niece and I both have the new Windows Live Messenger 2009 (and the Messenger Plus! Beta installed). We both have fun sending silly sound clips, however, since I've installed these mine work, and hers have stopped sending. She can still receive my sound clips.

As an example, instead of sending the sound, it sends "/sound #288A075E3CB1"

I've checked the Messenger Plus! Preferences & Options>General>Sounds tab and all seems ok on her PC. The sounds in Sound Library are all ticked.

I even tried re-installing the Messenger Plus! Beta and it's still the same. Any ideas? Thanks :)

She had the same problem with sounds last summer, and says they started working of their own accord eventually :S

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Shiny Rabbit on 01-31-2009 at 04:09 PM

are you/your niece running any other WLM addons/patches?

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by louiselouise on 01-31-2009 at 09:59 PM

Thanks for replying, Shiny Rabbit. Her laptop is set up almost identical to my desktop (she's only ten, so I take control of all that!).

She had a blip with the sounds sending previously for a while, then they started working, and its stopped again now I've put Windows Live Messenger 2009 on ^o) I'll have a good look at her laptop when I see her to make sure she hasn't downloaded something strange from a friend, I'm pretty confident she hasn't though, as I keep a close eye on her laptop activities.

Edit: No, I don't use any other MSN Messenger add-on, apart from this one.

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Shiny Rabbit on 02-01-2009 at 03:33 PM

does it work with Plus 4.8?

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by rdg on 02-01-2009 at 06:10 PM

I have the same problem! =/

i only can send the default plus sounds

when a try to send a custom sound i get this

"**internal**[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{1DE067781F41} - Awey"

I'm using WLM 2009 14.0.8050.1202
MP!L 4.80

Plz help! =)

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Patchou on 02-01-2009 at 07:55 PM

Please make sure you hve no other add-on installed (like Smiley Central or Messenger Discovery), uninstall Messenger, reboot, reinstall Messenger and then, reinstall Plus!. This should clear it up :).

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by rdg on 02-01-2009 at 09:26 PM

ok i'll try this

thx for replying!

-----------------------------------------

EDIT:

thx patchou! worked for me! =)

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Benno[DE] on 02-01-2009 at 10:58 PM

Hello @ all!!!!
I have the same problem!!!
And I have uninstalled the messenger and plus, then i have rebootet, and reinstalled all!! But the emotion sounds donīt work!!!!!!

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by rdg on 02-02-2009 at 02:37 AM

Use ZapMessenger to remove WLM 2009, then reboot, after reboot do the WLM web install , then install MP!L 4.80

worked for me! =)

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Benno[DE] on 02-02-2009 at 09:10 AM

THX for help but it donīt work for me!!!
At the beginning a message say that my friend need plus to become the sound!! But he has plus!!!! And then this message is in the chat window: **internal**[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{76C4F3E5FD48} - eis haben

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by louiselouise on 02-02-2009 at 11:04 AM

Haven't got my mitts on my niece's laptop yet but I'll try reinstalling both Live Messenger 2009 and Messenger Plus! fingers crossed :)

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Benno[DE] on 02-02-2009 at 01:17 PM

Is the new Plus! Version running on Windows XP????
My System Data:
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5100

AMD Athlon 64 X2
Dual Core Processor TK-53
796 MHz, 768 MB Ram

Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 3

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by SwissALEx on 02-02-2009 at 07:22 PM

I will think: YES!

I don't know the right System-minimum but... I've got a Pentium 3 and it's workning -.-

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by djdannyp on 02-02-2009 at 07:53 PM

Yes, Messenger Plus! Live works on Windows XP

RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Benno[DE] on 02-02-2009 at 08:01 PM

Ok thx!!!!
But i canīt send my emotion sounds!!
The default sounds i can send!!!
I have tried all the tips from this thread!!!
But it donīt work!!

Edit: I had an icon for the exclamation point and now I've changed the key combination! Now finally it works!! :D

RE: RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by louiselouise on 02-07-2009 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by louiselouise
Haven't got my mitts on my niece's laptop yet but I'll try reinstalling both Live Messenger 2009 and Messenger Plus! fingers crossed :)
Argh, I tried reinstalling them both, and it's still doing it!
RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by NIKO-007 on 02-10-2009 at 05:40 PM

Let me know if this gets fixed i have the exact same problem.

************PROBLEM FIXED *****************

Nice 1 Benno[DE] i beleive you have found the problem,
i had an emoticon difined for the exclamation mark too which showed up in the txt below instead of playing the sound, i removed the emoticon and it works again, cheers & nice 1 :-D

"**internal**[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{B5A04C1C71B7} - DeamonComeCallin "

RE: RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by louiselouise on 02-11-2009 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NIKO-007
Let me know if this gets fixed i have the exact same problem.
************PROBLEM FIXED *****************

Nice 1 Benno[DE] i beleive you have found the problem,
i had an emoticon difined for the exclamation mark too which showed up in the txt below instead of playing the sound, i removed the emoticon and it works again, cheers & nice 1 :-D

"**internal**[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{B5A04C1C71B7} - DeamonComeCallin "

That's a great help. Thanks. My niece's emoticons were all keyboard shortcuts like "//", "##" etc, which seemed to conflict with the Messenger Plus! sounds. So check your keyboard shortcuts and amend them; it might work! (Y)
RE: Have WL Messenger 2009 And Msg Plus! Beta, But Sounds Don't Work Now! by Patchou on 02-11-2009 at 07:49 PM

Thank you for reporting that problem, it will be fixed in the next version of Messenger Plus!.