Shoutbox

webcams not connecting to other contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: webcams not connecting to other contacts (/showthread.php?tid=88787)

webcams not connecting to other contacts by craigb on 01-29-2009 at 02:50 PM

hi, i am tryin to use my a4tech webcam on messenger but its not connecting to the contact. it will show my video display in the small box but it wont connect it just keeps sayin connectin to sara then just stops,
what might be the cause of this

yours craig

RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by djdannyp on 01-29-2009 at 03:00 PM

Which versions of messenger are you both using?

RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by craigb on 01-29-2009 at 03:24 PM

im not sure mate as far as i know its just msn live messenger

RE: RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by djdannyp on 01-29-2009 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by craigb
im not sure mate as far as i know its just msn live messenger

There are several different versions of Windows Live Messenger

To find out which one you are both using, click 'Help' on the menu, then choose 'About Messenger'

Ask your contact to do the same and then post which versions you are both using
RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by craigb on 01-29-2009 at 04:45 PM

we have both got:
version 2008
build 8.5.1302.1018

RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by toddy on 01-29-2009 at 04:53 PM

firstly make sure you have the lastest driver for the webcam ( http://www.a4tech.com/ennew/downloads.asp - find your webcam and download the driver)

second thing you could try disable any firewalls you have, see if it works then. if it does, you need to add an exception for wlm to the firewall options

RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by djdannyp on 01-29-2009 at 04:54 PM

Does your webcam work with other contacts?  Or does it do the same thing?

Also you might both want to consider upgrading to Windows Live Messenger 2009 version, the latest release of Messneger

RE: webcams not connecting to other contacts by craigb on 01-29-2009 at 04:55 PM

yeah i have used it before on the same msn