Shoutbox

Auto set to BUSY when launching MSN/MsgPlus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Auto set to BUSY when launching MSN/MsgPlus (/showthread.php?tid=88855)

Auto set to BUSY when launching MSN/MsgPlus by BeLGaRaTh on 02-01-2009 at 12:02 PM

I am using messenger 2009 (build 14.0.8050.1202) which appears to be the latest version after downloading the installer again this morning for it., and also the new 4.80.0.0356 MsgPlus and I am noticing that whenever I log in I am automatically set to Busy by MSN. This didn't used to happen.

Has anything changed in the interim from the old version. It is just annoying that I have to change my status every time I log in to Available, not a big thing in the scheme of things I know to have to do that, but why would MsgPlus set me as Busy when logging in?

RE: Auto set to BUSY when launching MSN/MsgPlus by Th3rmal on 02-01-2009 at 12:06 PM

Is the following outlined option in the sign-in window set to busy?
[Image: status.png]

RE: Auto set to BUSY when launching MSN/MsgPlus by BeLGaRaTh on 02-01-2009 at 12:23 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, yes indeed it was. As mentioned I upgraded both MSN and MsgPlus today and just assumed it was MsgPlus causing the problem. I didn't see that option in MSN as it signs in automatically. I closed it and opened it manually just now to check the settings.

Apologies to Patchou for thinking it was MsgPlus and thankyou again for the reply. It seems MSN sets itself that as default when re-installing/updating :(