Shoutbox

Windows 7 Skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Windows 7 Skin (/showthread.php?tid=88940)

Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-03-2009 at 08:16 PM

Hi all, that's my topic for the 1st skin (that I created) for WLM 9.0
The theme of this skin (as title -.-'') is "dedicated" to the latest Microsoft's O.S., Windows 7; is very simple but nice.
Options are avaible in Italian and English, there are many types of wallpapers ^^

Sooooooo, this is the screenshot of v1.0:
[Image: 1zyd4p5.jpg]
(click to enlarge)

Version 1.0 Download

Sorry for my English, Im Italian
A thanks go to TheBlessedGuy and Coolzee, they helped me ^^

Comments

RE: Windows 7 Skin by coolzee on 02-03-2009 at 08:23 PM

This is your first skin...great effort and looks good. Can't expect much from a beginner.

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-03-2009 at 08:25 PM

The first skin for WLM 9.0 that I created, I created more skins for 8.5 in my forum (about 600 ^^)

RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by coolzee on 02-03-2009 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryddyck
The first skin for WLM 9.0 that I created, I created more skins for 8.5 in my forum (about 600 ^^)

Oh okay, great first attempt on skinning WLM 9.0 then. =)
RE: Windows 7 Skin by bigb88 on 02-03-2009 at 08:29 PM

yea pretty nice

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-03-2009 at 08:30 PM

Thanks, but for not go to Off Topic, Have you any advice for me?

RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by coolzee on 02-03-2009 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Thanks, but for not go to Off Topic, Have you any advice for me?

Advice?lool

Let see, keep on skinning..umm..try to learn how to skin and don't rip people skins. Be more creative when you make a new skin.
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-03-2009 at 08:47 PM

I was talking about the skin, not me xD Already I know these things ^^

RE: Windows 7 Skin by djdannyp on 02-03-2009 at 08:47 PM

If you've created over 600 skins then I hardly think you need any advice :P

You obviously have no trouble coming up with original ideas!

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Th3rmal on 02-03-2009 at 08:52 PM

quote:

I will put the Skin options when Willz will relase Open Live for WLM 9.0 (if He will release it...) or if I will can make it ^^
I would suggest you do that now, there is no guarantee if Willz will make another Open Live, or if he does, when he will do it (the last one took a long time to make). Also i think you should do the options now because atm, it just looks like 9.0 with a couple of background changes; i cant really see any significant changes that make this skin unique =/

Thats just my 2 cents.
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-03-2009 at 08:52 PM

O.o Im not a big skinner, the skins that I created were/are simple skins: toast, convo and logon, stop! Im not a machine O.O
The advices are for the graphic :D

RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by coolzee on 02-03-2009 at 08:56 PM

quote:
O.o Im not a big skinner, the skins that I created were/are simple skins: toast, convo and logon, stop! Im not a machine O.O
The advices are for the graphic :D

Oh okay, you just like creating simple skins. No one saying your a machine. I'm not, I take my time in making my skins and learning as well.

Graphics advice? umm..better image quality and don't make it too simple...sometimes it could be boring..lol
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Andylongi on 02-03-2009 at 09:02 PM

Looks nice so far just one question could you take the scene out from the message window also like you did on the contactlist?

RE: Windows 7 Skin by ryxdp on 02-04-2009 at 07:56 AM

The alerts don't appear to have a definable edge to them, which to me doesn't look very good. other than that, though, pretty good from what I can see of the screenshot (y)

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-05-2009 at 09:22 PM

Update:
- Added Logon Button
- Improved the toast

RE: Windows 7 Skin by RaPLeX on 02-05-2009 at 10:27 PM

For beginners a good working one

RE: Windows 7 Skin by TheSourcE on 02-06-2009 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Hi all, my topic for the 1st skin (that I created) for WLM 9.0
The theme of this skin (as title -.-'') is "dedicated" to the new O.S. of Microsoft, Windows 7; is very simple but nice
I will put the Skin options when Willz will relase Open Live for WLM 9.0 (if He will release it...) or if I will can make it ^^
Sooooooo, this is the screenshot

[Image: senzanome1rw5ms4.th.jpg]

Alternative Download for the 0.2 -> Download

Update:
- Added Logon Button
- Improved the toast

____
Version 0.1
Download
A thanks go to TheBlessedGuy that helps me ^^

Comments

That's a nice skin you got there(Y) Keep the good work Ryddyck. :)
RE: Windows 7 Skin by blessedguy on 02-06-2009 at 08:20 PM

quote:
A thanks go to TheBlessedGuy that helps me ^^
You're welcome =P
it's only blessedguy though...

btw, you could add some options by now =)
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Nagamasa on 02-06-2009 at 09:31 PM

I was gonna do that :P

But yeah looks nice...

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Joshua on 02-07-2009 at 05:41 AM

Nice skin!
Gr8 work.

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-08-2009 at 03:55 PM

Thanks all, but before make the options, i will fix any images ^^

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-19-2009 at 08:01 PM

Update to 0.3 Version
- Improved the Help button in LogOn window
- Improved the Expand/Minimize Button of Contact List
- Improved the Expand/Minimize Display Picture of Conversation window
- Compatibility for all version of WLM 14 (14.0.xxxx.xxxx)

Now, the problem is only with the button for close the toast ^^ Let's start to make the Skin option
Stay tuned!

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-28-2009 at 05:02 PM

Mhm... The skin has problems, it changes only the contact list's background (on the 14.0, in the 8.5 i haven't tried)
___
Mhm... La skin ha dei problemi, cambia solo lo sfondo della lista contatti sulla 9.0, sulla 8.5 non ho provato

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Black Soldier on 02-28-2009 at 05:23 PM

What kind of problem?

[Thank you to downloaded my skin!:D If you want, you can write your post only in Engligh. I can understand It!:P]

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 03-21-2009 at 09:09 PM

Update, added a simple skin options =P

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 04-25-2009 at 07:12 PM

New Update!!!

RE: Windows 7 Skin by stuartbennett on 04-29-2009 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Hi all, my topic for the 1st skin (that I created) for WLM 9.0
The theme of this skin (as title -.-'') is "dedicated" to the new O.S. of Microsoft, Windows 7; is very simple but nice
Sooooooo, this is the screenshot:
[Image: senzanome1rw5yp5.th.jpg]

Version 0.5 Download

Update:
-Added 10 Wallpapers for Logon/Contact List/Conversation/Toast
____
Version 0.4 Download

Update:
-Added a simple skin options
____
Version 0.3 -> Download

Update:
- Improved the Help button in LogOn window
- Improved the Expand/Minimize Button of Contact List
- Improved the Expand/Minimize Display Picture of Conversation window
- Compatibility for all version of WLM 14 (14.0.xxxx.xxxx)
____
Version 0.2 -> Download

Update:
- Added Logon Button
- Improved the toast
____
Version 0.1
Download
A thanks go to TheBlessedGuy and Coolzee, They help me ^^

Comments

ok i downloaded your skin from http://www.msgpluslive.com/skins/view/154-Windows-7/ now according to that page its version 1.0 thats on the database, in 0.4 you claim to have added skin options but as i said i am using 1.0 a higher build number and it has no skin options, in 0.5 you claim to have added 10 new wallpapers but again in 1.0 i checked the images folder and you have 3 wallpapers 1 for login, 1 for chat and 1 for contact list, i cannot verify whether or not the claims against 0.1 to 0.3 were done in version 1.0 or not but its doubtful.

quote:
Originally posted by black soldier

Hello everyone!
I created a new skin based on Windows 7.
If you want to download it, click here: http://cid-e72c103ff14a64c0.skydrive.live.com/bro...ew=details&lc=1033
Please, commented if you liked it or not and if the skin has problems.
Thank you!

asphetically its very poor but atleast you did an options panel which is always a good first step.
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 04-29-2009 at 04:12 PM

Man, this skin -> http://www.msgpluslive.com/skins/view/154-Windows-7/ isn't mine, the "creator" is Alberto46, I'M Ryddyck not Alberto46, after this, if you saw I posted the various updates only in this topic, I didn't post my skin on the msg plus database.
Sooo... now the answer to "creator", If you open the "skin" of Alberto46 you see that is the same of my skin (Windows 7 v.0.3 in the first post), in the both there is an error, the file 21016, so in the past I forgot to delete that string...
Others "creators" are: Bloodfrozen -> http://www.msgpluslive.it/skins/view/144-Twilight/
Leus, Valeria-Elfo of msghelp.it

You can see that is my skin from the Login Button, the Skininfo and others images inside the Skin

RE: Windows 7 Skin by blessedguy on 04-29-2009 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Man, this skin -> http://www.msgpluslive.com/skins/view/154-Windows-7/ isn't mine, the "creator" is Alberto46, I'M Ryddyck not Alberto46, after this, if you saw I posted the various updates only in this topic, I didn't post my skin on the msg plus database.
Sooo... now the answer to "creator", If you open the "skin" of Alberto46 you see that is the same of my skin (Windows 7 v.0.3 in the first post), in the both there is an error, the file 21016, so in the past I forgot to delete that string...
Others "creators" are: Bloodfrozen -> http://www.msgpluslive.it/skins/view/144-Twilight/

You can see that is my skin from the Login Button, the Skininfo and others images inside the Skin
Did you know you can ask menthiX to remove them from database and and admin/mod to remove it from the forums? =)
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 04-29-2009 at 06:54 PM

I thought to ask menthiX but the skin aren't the same, so are the same but in those skins there are added only folders (Definition - Styles - Image), Should I close their website? (see the link of twilight skin posted in the latest post)
Well... there will not be a clone of my skin in the database, but there will be on the net (If you are italian there are 3-4 websites talk about WLM)

RE: Windows 7 Skin by stuartbennett on 04-29-2009 at 07:45 PM

i have downloaded the 0.5 version from your links above it looks awesome, i assumed that the skin in the database was your as this thread has the same name as the skin in the database and usually that means the 2 things relate to one another.

ok as for comments, you could add some additional options for button removal etc but other than that a great skin.

my biggest question is how do you get 1 single image to take up the whole height of the messenger there like several different images atleast 2 to make up the contact list then the me area is a seperate UIFILE and so is the tab / ad area if i could figure that one out id be much closer to working out how to fix 365 for working with WLM 2009

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 04-30-2009 at 12:06 PM

If I remember correctly I modified every layoutpos=top/bottom (or other) with layoutpos=none and I restarted everytime for see the changes.. for this you must try to change layoutpos in none in

code:
<Constrainer layoutpos=top ID=atom(SSConstrainer) Layout=FillLayout()>
So for problems, see the 923 definition of my Skin ^^

RE: Windows 7 Skin by stuartbennett on 04-30-2009 at 12:57 PM

ok thanks for that.

RE: Windows 7 Skin by valeria-elfo on 05-01-2009 at 12:58 AM

hi :)
thanks for the "nomination" in this thread....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_(computing)

bye

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Chris4 on 05-01-2009 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by valeria-elfo

bye
Huh?
RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 05-02-2009 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by valeria-elfo

bye
I don't understand what is the meaning of your post -.-'
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Menthix on 05-07-2009 at 02:44 PM

quote:

Hey,

I Have deleted Alberto46's rip. I would be happy to add the Windows skin to the site under your own name. You'll need to change two little things before I can accept it on the site though:
  • In Skininfo.xml, add the following between the <Information> and </Information> tags:
    XML code:
            <Compatibility>
                    <MsgVersion Major="14" Minor="0"/>
              </Compatibility>

The prevents people from installing the skin on a Messenger version which it was not designed for.
  • Skins hosted on msgpluslive.net are not allowed to hide the banner on the contacts list and the text ad at the bottom of the conversation windows. Your skin seems to hide the contactlist banner, if you want your skin hosted on the Plus! site you'll need to show the banner. It may not be an setting in the skin's options either.
When you made those changes please send me a mail at skins@msgpluslive.net, including the skin, screenshot, and a description, and I will add it.

I've also deleted some skins that were ripped from your work:
  • Avenged-sevenfold, by Toksick
  • scratch messenger, by BloodFrozen
  • Twilight, by BloodFrozen

If you are OK with it I'll keep Valeria's skins. They do seem to be partly based on your skin (or on the tuttomsn.it tutorial which is based on your skin too), but she seems to have put in more effort to be creative and added a lot more than the others.
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 05-08-2009 at 07:52 PM

Ok Menthix, so thank you very much!
Well, I will send you the skin soon, I added the strings in SkinInfo, I'm sorry for the problem of ads, I use a string into the hosts file that hide the ads but now I added the option to remove the banner of Contact List

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 05-16-2009 at 04:12 PM

I sent an e-mail to Menthix,  Version 0.6 is coming soon on Msg Plus!Live Database... ^^
I added a new screenshot in the first post, look it!

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 06-03-2009 at 03:53 PM

Little up for Menthix.. I think he is dead...

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Menthix on 06-05-2009 at 02:23 PM

The last mail I got from you was from the 19th.

I said "I noticed your skin hides the contactlist banner. This is not allowed for skins on our site. ..."[i] and you replied [i]"Sorry for the trouble, ... I update the screenshot and the download".

Since then I haven't seen mail from you. If you send me a version that doesn't make it possible to hide any of the ads I will add it to the site asap.

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 06-06-2009 at 04:53 PM

Menthix you've a PM
So, in the same mail I sent there were the new link and the new screenshot

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 06-06-2009 at 08:29 PM

Version 0.6 of Windows Seven Skin released on MP!L Database ^^

RE: Windows 7 Skin by SergeantCross8 on 06-07-2009 at 02:02 PM

Nice skin. Good job.

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 07-07-2009 at 07:23 PM

UP ^^
The version 0.7 will coming soon on MP!L Database, stay tuned

RE: Windows 7 Skin by SnakeCRO on 07-30-2009 at 10:04 PM

Can someone please tell me how to remove the ads from the skin...in pm ofcourse...thanks

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Jstnfox on 08-01-2009 at 06:53 AM

Can you please make an option to remove the Personal Messages in the contact list.

RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by SnakeCRO on 08-01-2009 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeCRO
Can someone please tell me how to remove the ads from the skin...in pm ofcourse...thanks
Aww man...no one wants to help:(
RE: Windows 7 Skin by blessedguy on 08-02-2009 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeCRO
Aww man...no one wants to help
Maybe because it's not allowed ? Not in public... Have you already acessing skin's folder, looking for any .reg file?
Try PMing the author =)
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 08-02-2009 at 08:14 PM

The next week I will send an e-mail to menthix for update the skin on database from 0.7 to 0.8
If I can, I will try to add new options
Thanks everybody for use my skin ^^

Edit: ok now it works. Im working for fix the ink tab into the input area and a custom background for option panel

RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by SnakeCRO on 08-07-2009 at 01:06 PM

quote:
In 0.8 version I tried to remove ads with registry files, but they don't work...
The next week I will send an e-mail to menthix for update the skin on database from 0.7 to 0.8
If I can, I will try to remove ads and adds new options
Thanks everybody for use my skin ^^

Edit: ok now it works. Im working for fix the ink tab into the input area and a custom background for option panel
Thanks for your reply and hard work.I really hope that you will succeed.I really love this skin and those ads are really annoying.
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 08-14-2009 at 03:23 PM

Ok, now you can download version 0.8 -> http://www.msgpluslive.it/skins/view/158-Windows-Seven-Skin

RE: RE: Windows 7 Skin by SnakeCRO on 08-14-2009 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Ok, now you can download version 0.8 -> http://www.msgpluslive.it/skins/view/158-Windows-Seven-Skin
Thanks man :D this is just awesome.
RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 09-08-2009 at 04:45 PM

0.9 Sent to Menthix; in 1.0 you will find (if I can):
1- New wallpapers
2- About wallpapers with thanks

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 12-14-2009 at 08:08 PM

What's up guys?! I'm back =P
New update is soon, I released a new screenshot
I added some new wallpapers included the rejected artworks of mav3, cahilart, etc

In the next update:
New wallpapers
Colors for toast's option button

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 02-23-2010 at 05:29 PM

Hi all!
I sent version 1.0 of Windows Seven skin to Menthix on 13rd February, the update will be here very soon!
Stay tuned =P

RE: Windows 7 Skin by DrilonOsmani on 03-06-2010 at 04:14 PM

Hello Ryddyck,
I just want to say that is perfect skin thanks.
Have Nice Day.

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 03-06-2010 at 08:40 PM

Thanks, have a nice day you too ^^

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Passiflora on 06-09-2010 at 10:22 AM

i noticed that i cannot drag and drop photos like i always used to do.. do u have a fix for that?

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 06-30-2010 at 10:57 AM

O.o Strange.
I always drag n drop photos and works normally...
Try drag n drop photos without my skin

RE: Windows 7 Skin by Ryddyck on 01-01-2011 at 09:18 PM

Happy new year to everybody!!
I've some news...
[Image: 33zcold_th.jpg]

New features, new backgrounds ^^ When I will fix it, i will upload it =P